Marner vs Tkachuk

Tkachuk or Marner?

• Total voters

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Its not about jealousy about winning in the past, its about jealousy about whos got the better players and chances of winning and that all points to leafs....its always funny seeing other fan bases bring up the past to try and shawdow the leafs current team.

You guys have the arrogance of yankee fans, but atleast the Yankees win all the time. The leafs have not won a SERIES in 14 years. That is awful. That being said Marner is fantastic.

Reactions: No Draft

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
You guys have the arrogance of yankee fans, but atleast the Yankees win all the time. The leafs have not won a SERIES in 14 years. That is awful. That being said Marner is fantastic.

I try not to pin past failures on the current group, doesn't seem fair.

I watch hockey for enjoyment, not to come on HFboards and go "how about now, bitches!"

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
I try not to pin past failures on the current group, doesn't seem fair.

I watch hockey for enjoyment, not to come on HFboards and go "how about now, *****es!"

Totally fair. The “you’re just jealous” or “you’re a leaf hater” is so old though, can you blame people for reacting like that? You can’t even have a conversation with criticism about faults of some guys without that card being played.

Both players are really really good and I don’t blame flames fans for picking tkachuk with the skill set he brings to a game. Personally I prefer marner, he can take over games when he wants to and has insane vision. You guys have a good one and I can see 100 point season maybe in his prime.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Lmao always bring up the past to argue about the future. Its a pretty sad argument honestly lol. We are here talking about current and future and both show that leafs are better than flames and marner is a better player thank your boy tkachuk. So for you to feel a bit better about this you bring up the past of leafs not winning.... while i sit here feel great about my leafs having a much better future than the flames! And marner being a better player than tkachuk. Soo you keep living in the past!

Currently, The leafs are actually behind the flames in the standings....so there's that.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Currently, The leafs are actually behind the flames in the standings....so there's that.
well, no. The Leafs have a better points percentage, so there's that. The standings 15 games in also don't mean very much, unless you want to argue that teams like Vancouver or the Islanders are better than teams like Washington or Pittsburgh

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
well, no. The Leafs have a better points percentage, so there's that. The standings 15 games in also don't mean very much, unless you want to argue that teams like Vancouver or the Islanders are better than teams like Washington or Pittsburgh

Well, yes. because standings are determined by points first. I understand what you are saying, and I would bet on the leafs finishing higher than Calgary in the standings. It's just a disingenuous argument to claim that they are currently a better team, when there isn't really much to suggest that.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Ahead in Standings... won head to head.... Flames>

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I just compared their stats and honestly, you are right. Both are elite drivers or play. Tkachuk is the better possession play, better board play, and plays slightly harder minutes (althought Zone starts are almost the same, he's actually got more offensive than Marner). Marner is the better playmaker, creates more goals, but generally also has better linemates. 5v5...both are actually incredible, and very close.

I only take Marner for 3 reasons:
  • I am a Leaf fan, so if it's close, why not take the guy I've been following for years?
  • I value pure skill entertainment, and Marner has me glued to the screen everytime he's on the ice.
  • PP still matters, and I think he is one of the best PP set men in the NHL.

Overall though, this should be like...within 10% close. There's no huge gap offensively or defensively.

I will never disagree with a poster that has used reason, I respect this.

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
They are both great players with great careers ahead of them. I take Tkachuk as the flames alrdy have a better version of Marner. I dont blame anyone for picking either. Most ppl who are not either flames or toronto fans will pick the player that their team needs now. No wrong choice here at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->