Marner vs Tkachuk

Tkachuk or Marner?

• Total voters

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Have a lot of Tkachuk vs Nylander threads, but this one hasn't come up in quite a while. Anyway, which player would you prefer to have now and in the future? I'll homer vote Tkachuk, but its pretty much dead even for me for now.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Marner has more of a game breaking ability/talent, that and is ability to play all special teams and all situations makes him better imo.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Marner has more of a game breaking ability/talent, that and is ability to play all special teams and all situations makes him better imo.

Tkachuk can play in all situations and has a side of his game that not many can bring. For example Calgary with Marner would just be Gaudreau 2.0. I think if you asked flames fans who they would trade first gadreau or Tkachuk it would be a split.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Tkachuk can play in all situations and has a side of his game that not many can bring. For example Calgary with Marner would just be Gaudreau 2.0. I think if you asked flames fans who they would trade first gadreau or Tkachuk it would be a split.
Well thats almost true for Tkachuk, he doesnt play any note worthy pk minutes.
That and Marner is the line driver on his line that has Tavares...

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Tkachuk’s playstyle is what is needed on a team, that and he produces. He’s able to get under the skin of opponents without being an idiot and get suspended constantly like Marchand.

I’ll choose him, not by much though. (I’m assuming we are not talking about Brady lol)

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Tkachuk is younger but simply not as good. Marner can take over a game and be the best player on a winning team for long stretches. Tkachuk isn't that sort of player

Reactions: Max Money

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Tkachuk should worry about cracking 50 points first. Don't think he'll be anywhere near Marner during any point of his career.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
This is Matthew we are talking about him? Tkachuk. dude provides far more grit while just a tad less offense. can play the game away from the puck.

His gritty, he's phyisical he's way more tough then Marner, much bigger, he's harder to push around,

one is 6'2 202, one is 5'11 170 lbs, easy one for me.

Last edited:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Well thats almost true for Tkachuk, he doesnt play any note worthy pk minutes.
That and Marner is the line driver on his line that has Tavares...

Tkachuk is on pace for 90 points playing with Backlund and Frolik lol, he can produce on any line. They are pretty even in value imo

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Tkachuk is on pace for 90 points playing with Backlund and Frolik lol, he can produce on any line. They are pretty even in value imo
marner is the same and he actually does play in any situation so.... no discrediting chucky here, great player like his style. i just think marner is better.

Reactions: klozge

Mar 26, 2010
Just like how McDavid will never catch Matthews in points this season like you said in the other thread?
Matthews is hurt. Also only 10 games into the season. 82 game season, lots of hockey to go.

And yeah, its Marner AINEC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad