Marner vs Rantanen vs Pastrnak More pts edition

More pts 2019 2020 season

• Total voters

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I will say Pastrnak here. Marner, and Rantanen to me seem like two guys who will hold out Nylander style.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Assuming all three start the season, for most points I’d go:
1. Rantanen
2. and 3. Pasta/Marner

But if the poll was who I think is the best overall player it’s:
1. Pasta

2. Rantanen
3. Marner

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
pastrnak will probably be the only one who plays a full season. he's also playing with on the best line in hockey so it's him.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
5V5 oiSH%:

Marner - 11.37%
Pastrnak - 9.96%
Rantanen - 8.15%

Points per game:

Pastrnak - 1.23
Rantanen - 1.18
Marner - 1.15

I went with Rantanen. He gets the most opportunity of the three.
overall OIS% in all situations

Pastrnak - 13.1%
Marner - 12.7%
Rantanen - 11.6%

Pastrnak seems due for the largest regression as it is very doubtful that his 18.7 PPOIS% is repeatable but regardless I still voted him as theres a chance the other 2 miss time due to contract disputes.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Marner
Pastrnak
Rantanen

The only reason Marner had a worse PPG than the other two last season was due to the powerplay. The leafs will certainly be better this year and it will be enough to put him on top.
Pastrnak will still be close behind, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bergeron take a step back this year which will hurt the whole line's production.
I can also see Colorado splitting up Rantanen and Mack for a while too to try and help their depth, and that will bring his production down as well.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
As it stands as of now 1 game in lol...

Rantanen 2 G, 0 A 2 Pts, 1GP

Marner 0 G, 1 A 1 Pt, 1GP

Pastrnak, 0 G, 0 A 0 Pts, 1 GP

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
As it stands as of now 1 game in lol...

Rantanen 2 G, 0 A 2 Pts, 1GP

Marner 0 G, 1 A 1 Pt, 1GP

Pastrnak, 0 G, 0 A 0 Pts, 1 GP
Marner is close while Pastrnak is far behind. He doesn't have a great season so far I'm a little disappointed in him. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Madap

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Aren't Leafs fans acted like Marner doesn't deserve that kind of money and if he wanted more he can sit or get traded. Back to all aboard Marner hype train I see. :sarcasm:

No one is still happy with the money, but he is signed and producing, why not support him.
Why is this different for us? Many teams have signed many players, for exoribtant salaries before.
Go to the Philly board for Hayes. The Nucks for Myers. Why just us?

Every team, would support a player, if he helps them win, despite their price.
The other are in far more danger with the players, that I mentioned over Mitch.
Not hypocrisy at all.

Reactions: Spilot23

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
No one is still happy with the money, but he is signed and producing, why not support him.
Why is this different for us? Many teams have signed many players, for exoribtant salaries before.
Go to the Philly board for Hayes. The Nucks for Myers. Why just us?

Every team, would support a player, if he helps them win, despite their price.
The other are in far more danger with the players, that I mentioned over Mitch.
Not hypocrisy at all.
Agreed everything you said on Marner but as for Hayes and Myers those players aren't let's say hyped compared to Marner. Marner is my favorite player on the Leafs and thought that he deserved more than Matthews. So to me the problem isn't Marner's contract. IMO Dubas had every leverage to not sign Matthews that type of contract but did. But hey I'll stop there don't want to make it a Matthews thread.

Anyway yall got your star signed even when basically every HFposters including me said the Leafs couldn't do it so that's a good thing. Win a cup and everyone will probably forget those contracts :laugh:

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I thought mitch had 4 points after 2 games?

Hopefully he can keep it going against the habs tonight!

Yup, he does. The poster you're quoting listed Marner's point totals from the game against Columbus alone, in which he scored 2 goals and 1 assist. On the season though, he does have 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists).

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Marner easily. Probably a top 5 forward in the league right now, carries his line, and on a better team. The PP looks to be one of the best which makes it an even safer bet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad