Marner vs Rantanen vs Pastrnak More pts edition

More pts 2019 2020 season

• Total voters

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Rantanen got stuck with Soderberg as a center for quite a bit last season when they had to break up the best line in hockey. Now he's either playing with MacKinnon or Kadri. I'm going with Rantanen.

But honestly, Pasternak after Marner and Rantanen sit out the first few months of the season :sarcasm:

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Assuming the RFA contract situations get resolved before the start of the season:

Rantanen
Marner
Pastrnak

But if they don't:

Pastrnak
Marner
Rantanen

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
What does career PPG have to do with a bunch of 22/23 year olds? You are going to ding Pasta for being in the NHL when Marner was still in junior? lol

You mean it's not his first 2 years that really matter, instead of the three most recent where he's beat Marner in PPG every year he's been in the league?

Reactions: wintersej

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What does career PPG have to do with a bunch of 22/23 year olds? You are going to ding Pasta for being in the NHL when Marner was still in junior? lol

I find it a strange way to evaluate players, especially when it's obvious that certain players today aren't the same player they were as a rookie or sophomore. Makes zero sense when comparing what a player is today.

It would be like comparing two players who produced the following:

Player A
Year 1 - 15 points (4th line ice time)
Year 2 - 80 points (bumped up to top line ice time)
Year 3 - 100 points

Player B
Year 1 - 60 points (top six ice time right away)
Year 2 - 70 points
Year 3 - 80 points

And concluding that Player B is the superior player because of his career average in points.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
If Rants would have 1 healthy season, I think he should produce a bit more than these 2 other great players. Esp. Marner is damn good too, though!

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I'll take Marner here. I think losing Barrie is going to affect the Avalanche PP, even with the young additions.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Pasta is currently the best offensively of the three but he usually misses some of the season due to injury. I'm going with him though since I think Marner and Rantanen will miss the start of the season. If they all have a contract to start the year then...

Marner
Pasta
Rantanen

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Avs and Leafs fans after the season begins : Can we change the poll to highest PPG edition please ? :laugh:

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Pastrnak based on the fact that I don't think Marner will get signed before season starts and might miss a month+. If Marner starts the season on time than him.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Before the season, 'Marner's underlying stats indicate he'll be the best of these players. Just wait until he plays with Tavares full time.'

After the season, 'Marner has scored the most of these guys so far, so he's the best.'

Narratives changing to suit the situation at hand.

Reactions: Mac2Rants

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
You mean it's not his first 2 years that really matter, instead of the three most recent where he's beat Marner in PPG every year he's been in the league?
Don't bother, Leafs fans have been using that argument against MacKinnon for years :laugh:

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Marner isn't going to start on time, so it definitely won't be him.

Rantanen & Pastrnak play on the best lines in the league. Could go either way. I'm going Rantanen.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I voted for Pastrnak because, yeah, he has a contract. No distractions, full training camp etc.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
LOL. I went with the one who actually HAS had the most points, and most likely WILL get the most points this season.

Don't be so insecure.

Ok how about this:
Most points next season
1) Matthews
2) Aho
3) Point
I'm sure you'll do the same here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad