Marner vs. Connor

Mitch Marner or Kyle Connor

• Total voters

Synesthesia

Apr 15, 2012
Connor is one of the most severely underrated players around here... he's elite.

Marner is elite as well (sure, he's having a down year)

Personally, I prefer Connor because of the contract situation and because of the player that he is

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Amen brother!

Some more context (last 3 seasons, 5v5):
View attachment 336831
I don’t think anyone is going to debate that Marner was better before this year, and a large percentage will still say he’s better, but this ainec nonsense is silly, not to mention when you factor in contacts. But you guys that keep focusing on career numbers or the last 3 years and weighing all of the years the same.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I don’t think anyone is going to debate that Marner was better before this year, and a large percentage will still say he’s better, but this ainec nonsense is silly, not to mention when you factor in contacts. But you guys that keep focusing on career numbers or the last 3 years and weighing all of the years the same.

Last year I read a post saying Boeser is better than Matthews AINEC and I quickly learned to just filter those letters/words out of anything I read on here :)

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Happens every year.

Player X is known to be a great player
Player Y is a good player.

One year, and I mean ONE year, player Y outproduces player X.
It does not mean that Y>X

In terms of this poll, the OP did weigh heavily on this season, but then went on to show career numbers.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Marner. I think he's younger, better, and has a much higher ceiling. Contract hurts him but I'm less worried about that 3-4 million when there's a 25-30 point gap. I also think Marner can drive a line and play PK, two things Connor does not.

Connor is a regular on the Jets PK. I think Marner is a better player but he's not 3.7 million better. Including contracts I would rather have Connor.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Taking contract into account, Connor is the slightly better asset.
Without contract and strictly asking who is the better hockey player? I'd go with Marner as a Jets fan honestly

Reactions: Dache

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad