• Poll closed .

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Or they could get him outta town ,won't be pretty if he's booed all year
He needs to get 100 points
The pressure will be enormous
I think there is no longer any pressure at the end of next year he would have made about 80 million already. Probably would like more, but pressure, nahhh

Reactions: Twowingcantfly

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
So why did the biggest Marner fan on this board decide to MAKE this thread? Pretty clear it was so they would have "some" control of the narrative...Can we create a new thread without the bias?
That's pretty ironic coming from someone who completely dumps on him for 90% of your posts.

And LMAO at thread title edit

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
What if he scores a hat-trick wearing a dome again? Scores 99+ points? Fans are fickle they will forget about last season with just Mediocre playoff production.
Maybe the casual fans, which are the majority unfortunately. Everyone here is still talking about the puck over glass and Kerry f***ing Fraser.

Reactions: Kazparov

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Depends on what they get back obviously, but this team’s offense is matthews, Nylander. and Marner.
Aint much after that, so they really may not make the playoffs.
Which might not be a bad thing cause of a good draft pick.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Depends on what they get back obviously, but this team’s offense is matthews, Nylander. and Marner.

We can get any 2 of Klingburg, Bertuzzi or Brodie for Mitch’s 10.5
As for draft picks, yeah an early 5th would be better than a late I guess….
Aint much after that, so they really may not make the playoffs.
Which might not be a bad thing cause of a good draft pick.
1715646959030.png

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Let's assume Marner sticks around for next year and has a great playoffs, PPG and Leafs make it to 3rd round or further...do opinions change? Are Leafs fans willing/wanting to see that happen or does he need to be traded asap?

yea of course opinions would change

similarly if david kampf scores 95 goals in the regular season and 30 goals in the playoffs and wins the conn smythe, gonna wanna extend him probably

Reactions: HarryLime

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Don't be surprised he is back next season, MM may only be able to move to the team he wants at TDL because of the cap.
As long as the Leafs are not concerned with "winning" the trade, he can be moved at any time. There are plenty of suitors even at his current salary.

I'd prefer he not be back next season, but I am fully prepared for them to 'run it back' other than the coach.

What if he scores a hat-trick wearing a dome again? Scores 99+ points? Fans are fickle they will forget about last season with just Mediocre playoff production.
If he is on the team, we will be cheering for him. It is the disease of being the fan of a team right? At least for me... I will always cheer for anyone in a Leafs uniform to be at their best.

That being said, we've seen that movie before and if he is not moved at the trade deadline, we all know what we are getting come playoff time.

This is starting to feel like groundhog day, ngl.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Good point. TO is one of the few teams who are willing to severely front load contracts. I just wish he didn't have a NMC. The thought of shipping him to destitute Columbus or Utah is very appealing.
It can't be about "getting even" it has to be about getting the best return possible. If the best return is only $11 million in cap space, oh well, it is what it is. He's gotta go.

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Marner got security because he got car jacked at gun point. I have no issues with him hiring security. That is a traumatic experience
How does "social media security" help that? Come on man.

He's about tied with Matthews PPG-wise, with only 2 points behind. They both underperform int he posteason.

One is signed for 4 more years, and one is done after this year. One plays the more important position too.

What's your obvious choice? Are you really this adamant to continue failing with the core 4?
You realize the poster you're replying to allegedly only cares about the regular season and considers the playoffs irrelevant, right?

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Let's assume Marner sticks around for next year and has a great playoffs, PPG and Leafs make it to 3rd round or further...do opinions change? Are Leafs fans willing/wanting to see that happen or does he need to be traded asap?
Cool story bro, but at least she's hot.

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
His goals in the first round are a high point for the Leafs but barely worth mentioning when compared to what impact $11 million plus players should be doing. I’m keeping him but that bar needs to go up a lot for him to be a playoff guy.
Matthews as well. He needs to stop screwing around and DOMINATE.

He’s not that guy anymore
The expectations for him have now gone way up.
I hope he brings his A game every night or the pitchforks will be out next for him
Yup.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
His goals in the first round are a high point for the Leafs but barely worth mentioning when compared to what impact $11 million plus players should be doing. I’m keeping him but that bar needs to go up a lot for him to be a playoff guy.
Meh... he has scored at a 40 goal pace over the last 5 playoffs and generally is one of the most noticeably skilled players on the ice. Pastrnak is around the same price and I though Nylander was more noticeable. Sure he could be better, but overall he's probably one of the last guys we should expect more from, especially considering he's been paid 7 mill throughout those games, while his coworker is doing shat all for 11.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
He’s not that guy anymore
The expectations for him have now gone way up.
I hope he brings his A game every night or the pitchforks will be out next for him next year
I agree for next year but he's still 6.9 mil cap until next year so his impact was much greater

50 in 57 may not be that good but it is the best we have,..
Empty calories

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Meh... he has scored at a 40 goal pace over the last 5 playoffs and generally is one of the most noticeably skilled players on the ice. Pastrnak is around the same price and I though Nylander was more noticeable. Sure he could be better, but overall he's probably one of the last guys we should expect more from, especially considering he's been paid 7 mill throughout those games, while his coworker is doing shat all for 11.
I dunno. Pastrnak wouldn't playout a string of meaningless games to pad his stats, then miss the first 3 playoff games with a migraine. Seems like something unique to Nylander.

And Pastrnak put the dagger in us. I'd say he was more noticeable than Willy "I have a headache" Nylander.

Reactions: notdoneyet

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
How does "social media security" help that? Come on man.

You realize the poster you're replying to allegedly only cares about the regular season and considers the playoffs irrelevant, right?

Wtf said it’s social media security? You guys just literally run with every piece of nonsense you see on the internet. What person in the world has a social media security? No one, use your brain. The guy is legit a personal security person. He’s just responding to comments which is well within his rights, everyone has a freedom to speech.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad