Who would you prefer to trade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
There simply is no choice between the two as one is vastly superior and competes hard the other not so much.

People facts:
Goals scored per game whole career should be Nylander by a mile as he has always played with an elite Centre. They are exactly the same. The fact Mariner played with a 3rd line center for two years is in his favor.

The rest of the stats are far in favor of Marner. Points per game .96 again Marner playing with a 3 line center for 2 years is in his favor snd since playing with a top center is well over a point a game. Nylander is .74 per game always playing with a top center.

fact are we would be trading away an elite player in Marner vs a complimentary player in Nylander. Who disappears during physical games.

This vote shows the lack of knowledge of our fan base frankly it is embarrassing!

Reactions: Notsince67

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Marners last 2 POs 12 gp 2g 8p -5,,i can't say i am impressed for 11m per

Play off Expectations are high on Marner given what he commands. No excuses in this one.
Despite the recent playoff performance, I still believe he has the potential to be a good playoff performer when you look at all 4 years of his playoff record.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Play off Expectations are high on Marner given what he commands. No excuses in this one.
Despite the recent playoff performance, I still believe he has the potential to be a good playoff performer when you look at all 4 years of his playoff record.

That's why I'd be reluctant to trade him. The fact is. His post season play hasnt matched what he's shown he's capable of doing so far. That's unacceptable long term, but he still has the chance to change that. Playoff games are definitely tougher, but when you want and see yourself as a team leader, you are expected to play through those challenges

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
If you are banking/waiting on potential,,then MM should not be making 11m per right now.

Reactions: MJK

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
That's why I'd be reluctant to trade him. The fact is. His post season play hasnt matched what he's shown he's capable of doing so far. That's unacceptable long term, but he still has the chance to change that. Playoff games are definitely tougher, but when you want and see yourself as a team leader, you are expected to play through those challenges

I really don't think it's going to get any better for him. Boston and Columbus have made him almost useless the last 2 series. He can't shoot and he's very weak on the boards, these types of players are very easy for strong defensive teams to shut down. Marner may succeed if the Leafs draw a couple other teams, but he's bound to be useless when the Leafs go up against top defensive teams.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The Leafs should trade Marner and Andersen to Montreal for Price and Weber. This way they get a great defenseman and goalie.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
So I guess marner isnt being traded...dubas isnt going to admit failure there on that contract.

Starting to become very stubborn like someone we know and hated.....

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
So I guess marner isnt being traded...dubas isnt going to admit failure there on that contract.

Starting to become very stubborn like someone we know and hated.....
He is stubborn but he wants to stay employed in the league for a few more years. That trade would be career suicide.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017

Congrats marner for secondary assists that mean nothing. He hasnt scored in how many games? Guy has the worst shot in the league and gets paid 11 mill. How many 5 on 5 points?

I swear people act like points are the end all be all and marner is the exact reason why it shouldnt be. Guy has been brutal in the playoffs except a handful of games.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Congrats marner for secondary assists that mean nothing. He hasnt scored in how many games? Guy has the worst shot in the league and gets paid 11 mill. How many 5 on 5 points?

I swear people act like points are the end all be all and marner is the exact reason why it shouldnt be. Guy has been brutal in the playoffs except a handful of games.
Dubas: Criticism of Marner 'idiotic'
Dubas just called you something

Farsailor

Aug 4, 2018
There simply is no choice between the two as one is vastly superior and competes hard the other not so much.

People facts:
Goals scored per game whole career should be Nylander by a mile as he has always played with an elite Centre. They are exactly the same. The fact Mariner played with a 3rd line center for two years is in his favor.

The rest of the stats are far in favor of Marner. Points per game .96 again Marner playing with a 3 line center for 2 years is in his favor snd since playing with a top center is well over a point a game. Nylander is .74 per game always playing with a top center.

fact are we would be trading away an elite player in Marner vs a complimentary player in Nylander. Who disappears during physical games.

This vote shows the lack of knowledge of our fan base frankly it is embarrassing!
Joke of a post. Nylander uses his energy when he can actually win the puck, which he does alot. Calling him lazy is just lack of hockey knowledge. You'd probably want him to skate around for nothing. He has great strenght alongt boards and has the best stick control on the team. I'd love to keep them both but given the contracts Nylander is the one you keep. I do belive he is more likely to be traded though..

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Joke of a post. Nylander uses his energy when he can actually win the puck, which he does alot. Calling him lazy is just lack of hockey knowledge. You'd probably want him to skate around for nothing. He has great strenght alongt boards and has the best stick control on the team. I'd love to keep them both but given the contracts Nylander is the one you keep. I do belive he is more likely to be traded though..
Nylander is a coward. He avoids contact. I would be shocked if he is not traded this off season ad for my lack of hockey knowledge...yeah made a living in hockey I must know nothing.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Nylander is a coward. He avoids contact. I would be shocked if he is not traded this off season ad for my lack of hockey knowledge...yeah made a living in hockey I must know nothing.
Nylander took 9 hits against Columbus, Marner took 5. Nylander also went to the front of the net and scored two goals

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

So you are saying his 21 points in the playoffs are meaningless. Stop digging. Your in a hole rather then climb out you just keep digging. Drop the shovel and jump out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad