Marner or Draisaitl

Better player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think I, like many others, would take Marner easily here.

When comparing two wingers, I always look at it this way. Which one makes the players around them better? Easy answer there is Marner based on the past three years of hockey.

Imagine Marner on McDavid's wing. That would be scary.
They would be okay.

We already know McDavid and Draisaitl are scary.

And Draisaitl helps McDavid, and McDavid helps Draisaitl. It's a two way street.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I've already said this once here but Drai will be the more obvious choice when he is making 2-3 million less than Marner next year....coming off a 100 point season where he may score 50 goals...

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
They would be okay.

We already know McDavid and Draisaitl are scary.

And Draisaitl helps McDavid, and McDavid helps Draisaitl. It's a two way street.

They are not really that scary honestly.

The team is near the bottom of the league again. Bergeron and Marchand are scary. Point and Kucherov too.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Imagine Marner on McDavid's wing. That would be scary.

Not as scary as Drai. And honestly, I don't think Marner meshes anywhere as well. He doesn't have the shot or scoring ability to be as effective as Drai who reads off McDavid spectacularly and is an exceptional playmaker himself.

They are not really that scary honestly.

The team is near the bottom of the league again. Bergeron and Marchand are scary. Point and Kucherov too.

Aaaaaannnnnd this post explains in clear detail you have no idea what you're talking about. Imagine classifying a player who is going to finish with 120 points + 40 goals and another who is going to finish with 50+50 while dragging their team along as "not that scary".

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Not as scary as Drai. And honestly, I don't think Marner meshes anywhere as well. He doesn't have the shot or scoring ability to be as effective as Drai who reads off McDavid spectacularly and is an exceptional playmaker himself.

Aaaaaannnnnd this post explains in clear detail you have no idea what you're talking about. Imagine classifying a player who is going to finish with 120 points + 40 goals and another who is going to finish with 50+50 while dragging their team along as "not that scary".

They still give up more than they get when on the ice together.

I guess if the point is to put up as many points as you can, then enjoy it. But they aren't going to win you games like Marner does.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

I guess if the point is to put up as many points as you can, then enjoy it. But they aren't going to win you games like Marner does.
So now you're just making stuff up.

How come McDavid and Draisaitl score at a higher pace, and allow fewer goals /60 than the selke caliber Matthews?

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Anybody who cares to actually watch these players would be able to comprehend that McDavid and Draisaitl are superior two way players compared to Matthews who has had a rather terrible year defensively this season.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018

Drai and McDavid have 5vs5 gf% above 60 with atrocious defence behind them, lmao!

PuckMasterZero

Mar 3, 2019
Just as clueless as the leafs fans who think Drai is a product of McDavid. Like it's pretty obvious that you don't watch any western conference teams, let alone the Oilers

I think it's great Leafs have elite C's in Matthews and Tavares who can carry around the very average and small one dimentional winger in Marner and a money greedy swede in Nylander.
Great C depth, best in the NHL!
Typical money greedy Swedes!

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation

Lol that's hilarious, as if replacing Drai with Marner would make the oilers any better if not worse. DFKM

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
How is Marner winning this?

It's because Marner is a beast.

At 21 he's already a 90 point player, and he plays way less than Draisaitl. With his minutes he'd be well over 100 points as well, Draisaitl has 1 hour more on the PP than him alone...

Since the year 2000 this is the list of players that have hit 90 points by the age of 21

Crosby
McDavid
Ovechkin
Malkin
Staal
Stamkos
Marner

Marner and McDavid are also the only ones to do it with way less than 3 minutes a game on the PP.

Staal was playing 5 and half minutes on the PP the year he broke 100 points.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
It's because Marner is a beast.

At 21 he's already a 90 point player, and he plays way less than Draisaitl. With his minutes he'd be well over 100 points as well, Draisaitl has 1 hour more on the PP than him alone...
playing more minutes doesn't equal more points, mainly due to fatigue

Since the year 2000 this is the list of players that have hit 90 points by the age of 21

Crosby
McDavid
Ovechkin
Malkin
Staal
Stamkos
Marner

Marner and McDavid are also the only ones to do it with way less than 3 minutes a game on the PP.

Staal was playing 5 and half minutes on the PP the year he broke 100 points.
and Toronto is the 2nd highest scoring team in the league while the Oilers are 20th...and argument can made if Draisaitl played with the talent and depth of the Leafs, he'd have even more points

Draisaitl 101 points are 45% of the entire Oilers offense while Marner's 90 points are 33% of the Leafs offense

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
and Toronto is the 2nd highest scoring team in the league while the Oilers are 20th...and argument can made if Draisaitl played with the talent and depth of the Leafs, he'd have even more points

Draisaitl 101 points are 45% of the entire Oilers offense while Marner's 90 points are 33% of the Leafs offense

All that goes out the window when you literally spend 66% of all your time playing hockey with Connor McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->