Marner or Draisaitl

Better player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Is the Draisaitl/McDavid narrative overblown? What percentage of his on ice time is actually spent playing with Connor?

When they played last week vs. Toronto, both Drai and McD were on separate lines (minus PP), surrounded by complete trash. Is this the norm?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
That's exactly what I remember happening when Marner was put on Kadri and Marleau's line.
If you look at his 5 vs 5 points with Kadri he had 15 points in 423 minutes. He played 1091 5 vs 5 minutes over the whole season which had he put up points at the same rate would have meant 38-39 5 vs 5 points. He actually had 37 over the season.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Is the Draisaitl/McDavid narrative overblown? What percentage of his on ice time is actually spent playing with Connor?

When they played last week vs. Toronto, both Drai and McD were on separate lines (minus PP), surrounded by complete trash. Is this the norm?

Draisaitl has 16 points away from McDavid. McDavid has 16 points away from Draisaitl. They gel extremely well together.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

He plays 61% of his time with McDavid, for reference Marner plays 86% of his time with Tavares.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The Aho poll was from last season but still active. Some Marner hater deceptively bumped it and it got closed.

Everyone thinks Aho is better this season. Truthfully all 3 are extremely close.

Last edited:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
He plays 61% of his time with McDavid, for reference Marner plays 86% of his time with Tavares.

Yes, I'm aware Marner plays almost exclusively with Tavares. I believe that was part of the sales pitch to attract Tavares to Toronto.

However, that being said, the 61% number is much higher than I expected for Drai/McD.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Yes, I'm aware Marner plays almost exclusively with Tavares. I believe that was part of the sales pitch to attract Tavares to Toronto.

However, that being said, the 61% number is much higher than I expected for Drai/McD.

They’re just so good together, Drai’s the only one I’ve ever seen be able to read off of McDavid. It’s so frustrating watching other players stand there while McDavid’s waiting for them to do something.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Plus McDavid >>> Tavares.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Still an easy choice to take Marner here.

Draisaitl has 9 more points with 200 more minutes played and a full hour more on the PP...

Marner is being contained, like a lot of stars on good teams.

When or IF the Oilers become good again, Draisaitl won't be playing those types of minutes, those are the types of minutes you play when you're not having a good season and have to make the fans happy lol.

Leafsfan13

Feb 13, 2018
IF Bergeron would have 76 games played he would have around 39G .

39G elite perennial selke center vs 45G offensive Center is a hell of a lot closer than 25g(Marner) vs 45G (Draisaitl)

nice cherry pick but NO when you put things in context.
Was just proving that you don’t “ALWAYS” take the 45g scorer

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Still an easy choice to take Marner here.

Draisaitl has 9 more points with 200 more minutes played and a full hour more on the PP...

Marner is being contained, like a lot of stars on good teams.

When or IF the Oilers become good again, Draisaitl won't be playing those types of minutes, those are the types of minutes you play when you're not having a good season and have to make the fans happy lol.
What is this absolute garbage take? Draisaitl is better than Marner, and you don't have to dip and dive to figure that out, like you've done in this post.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I think I, like many others, would take Marner easily here.

When comparing two wingers, I always look at it this way. Which one makes the players around them better? Easy answer there is Marner based on the past three years of hockey.

Imagine Marner on McDavid's wing. That would be scary.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think I, like many others, would take Marner easily here.

When comparing two wingers, I always look at it this way. Which one makes the players around them better? Easy answer there is Marner based on the past three years of hockey.

Imagine Marner on McDavid's wing. That would be scary.

Draisaitl on McDavid’s wing is already scary, the best duo in the league.

Drai’s also an excellent centre. If the team needs him to he can shift over seamlessly - as evidenced by him filling in admirably at 1C the games McDavid missed. Able to play multiple positions, the better scorer, bigger and stronger. Marner is an excellent player... Drai’s just better.

Wasn’t the running theme last year that Marner had a really tough start because he was playing with 4th liners? Doesn’t sound like a guy that elevates his linemates to me.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They are both unreal, flip a coin. All this stuff about being carried by other line mates is balony, as a sens fan I wish we had a forward this good on our team. Wont happen unless they get a top 2 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad