TSN: Marner on tsn: "We are grown men".

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
You say this while completely ignoring the fact that you judge Nylander and Marner differently.

Almost nobody thinks Nylander is better than Marner, but the fact of the matter is he's been ppg since the playoffs in 2020-21 (sample size of 115 games now) and makes significantly less than Marner. Nylander is the most efficient producer out of the big 4 relative to what he gets paid. You can argue his production and his contract makes him more valuable.
Funny you would say that given you left a snide remark on my puzzlement of someone asserting as much a couple of days ago

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I didn't remove anything. I addressed a full, independent statement that was a direct response to a similar statement of mine. There was no reason to include all of the other stuff in your post when addressing it. It's no different from what you've done in this very discussion. I also never "adamantly argued that you didn't say unconventional". I made a singular comment that you didn't, because I didn't realize that you had randomly switched from discussing the statement I had responded to and we had been discussing the whole time, to an entirely different and irrelevant statement you made afterward. I was noting that you said "Speaks more to the coach over-coaching again." and not that it was "unconventional" in the statement I was addressing, and you've been misrepresenting that miscommunication ever since. I don't care whether you said unconventional. It's irrelevant. What matters is what you said in the sentence I addressed.

Hahaha this is gold even for you. You say there was no reason to include the other sentence you removed?

Let me take you back to grade school ....

simple paragraph is comprised of three major components. The first sentence, which is often a declarative sentence, is called the “topic sentence.” It introduces the topic of the paragraph, setting its tone and mood. The next few sentences elaborate, explain, and exemplify the topic introduced in it. These sentences also provide supporting details for the explanation or examples. The final sentence is the concluding sentence, which wraps up the topic discussed in the paragraph.

My first sentence was a declarative sentence and my second elaborared\explained .

But your saying my second sentence had no relarionship to my first sentence. Haha amazing stuff.

And explain more about your "independent statement"... At this point your dignity is gone anyways.

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
But your saying my second sentence had no relarionship to my first sentence.
No, I said your second statement had no relevance to our discussion. Because it didn't.
I said "Speaks much more to the quality of Marner.", and you responded with "Speaks more to the coach over-coaching again.".
That was the statement that was a direct response to my statement. That was the problematic statement. That was the statement I addressed and we were discussing the whole time.
You also saying it was unconventional is irrelevant. Nobody cares. You only randomly switched to talking about that when you didn't want to acknowledge that you were wrong.
Stop with the personal attacks, and move on.

Reactions: francis246

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Time to shut this shitshow thread down
That time has long since past.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I said "Speaks much more to the quality of Marner.", and you responded with "Speaks more to the coach over-coaching again.".
That was the statement that was a direct response to my statement. That was the problematic statement. That was the statement I addressed and we were discussing the whole time.
You also saying it was unconventional is irrelevant. Nobody cares. You only randomly switched to talking about that when you didn't want to acknowledge that you were wrong.
Stop with the personal attacks, and move on.
If the "unconventional statement" didn't matter than why would you say "you did not say unconventional!" ... Why wouldn't you have just said, oh yeah that statement didn't matter. Like your saying now.

To address the rest of your ridiculous post .... This is a message board, nobody is forcing you to read or respond to anyone and there really is no rules to this.

This independent statement, direct statement baloney is not how the English language works. Stop while your incredibly behind.

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
If the "unconventional statement" didn't matter than why would you say "you did not say unconventional!" ... Why wouldn't you have just said, oh yeah that statement didn't matter. Like your saying now.
I literally did. As I've already explained, I did not realize in my initial post that you had started randomly talking about an entirely different statement when I noted that you said something different from just "unconventional" in the statement we had both been discussing. When you pointed out what you were referring to, I acknowledged your statement and noted that it was not the statement in question and was irrelevant to our discussion.
You addressed an independent statement?
Yes. I addressed the statement you made ("Speaks more to the coach over-coaching again.") in response to my similar statement ("Speaks much more to the quality of Marner."). None of the other things you said in that post were relevant to the discussion about that statement. This has now been 4 pages of this. Stop the personal attacks, and move on, or I will be reporting.
You don't run the Mods or this board and you don't get to misconstrue others words and then tell them to shut up.
The only one to have done that in this discussion is you. I am trying to nicely ask you to stop.

Last edited:

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Yes. I addressed the statement you made ("Speaks more to the coach over-coaching again.") in response to my similar statement ("Speaks much more to the quality of Marner."). None of the other things you said in that post were relevant to the discussion about that statement. This has now been 4 pages of this. Stop the personal attacks, and move on, or I will be reporting.
haha... Oh no! Its simple, click ignore. You don't run the Mods or this board and you don't get to misconstrue others words and then tell them to shut up.... Move along.

Last edited:

Yall are crazy

Dec 11, 2022
I think this happens when MM is either struggling or overthinking. I said it many times, if MM keeps his game simple and once in a while do his magic stuff, he will be a more effective player and harder to play against.
Then he wouldn't be mitch marner if he was a simple player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad