Marner - No respect from referees?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I think we've all noticed the reffing has been pretty bad for the Leafs this season as a whole, but what's really been disturbing me is how it's open season on Marner out there. This guy has the puck on a string and opposing players can't get it off him cleanly so they resort to cheap tactics and run tons of interference on him. Just tonight alone, that PK sequence where he f***ing embarrassed the Panthers he was tripped, hooked, held etc multiple times. This has been happening all season long, a guy like him should be drawing way more penalties but instead he's getting the Gaudreau treatment from 2 years ago. f***ing disgusting.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I was watching Trocheck hooking Marner all over and he even put his hand up like it wasn't me because thinking he was getting a penalty. It's disgusting that Marner and the whole team in general is getting with their lack of power plays. Tonight was how many games where they had only 1 power play and as you said it wasn't even a full 2:00 power play since it was called while they were on the penalty kill.

Reactions: Al14

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
spectacular talents like marner don't get the benefit of the refs all the time because it would be unfair to the opposing team. the refs want the match to be even as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad