Post-Game Talk: Marner loses it, 4-3 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Muzzin - Nah, not really. Hard to say that was a bad trade right now but I’d be curious to know what else was available.

Mikheyev - Yeah. I’m not sure how much credit he gets on the signing. I read Babcock played a big part in it.

Drafts are too soon to tell. I’m definitely discouraged seeing a bunch of squirts. Not that they can’t/won’t make it, but this team needs a better mix and he seems to target only one player type.

Alright I guess we’re all entitled to our opinions. You can choose to view things whichever way you want.

I feel like he’s done exactly what we’ve wanted on these boards. He went to get the D, he drafted good players...

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I don't mean by his boss but by the media, fans

Why though? Convinced the owners/board to strip it down for a rebuild with the fruits of its labour still to be seen. Saw the team draft a franchise centre under his watch. Helped bring in a top-notch coach in Babcock. Followed through on a succession plan for GM with an up-and-coming GM taking over a long-term vet whom he learned from over a 3-year period.

He's instilled a lot of good for this franchise and stability. The onus now falls squarely on Dubas, Babcock and the players. Don't know what more we as fans or the media can expect from him.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
It was actually AM and Marner, they both stayed out too long after AM34s sick deke that went for not.

I really want us to call up Korshkov.

Reactions: Slyfox and MyBudJT

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why though? Convinced the owners/board to strip it down for a rebuild with the fruits of its labour still to be seen. Saw the team draft a franchise centre under his watch. Helped bring in a top-notch coach in Babcock. Followed through on a succession plan for GM with an up-and-coming GM taking over a long-term vet whom he learned from over a 3-year period.

He's instilled a lot of good for this franchise and stability. The onus now falls squarely on Dubas, Babcock and the players. Don't know what more we as fans or the media can expect from him.
If he put people in key positions and they fail he will be called out for it.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Alright I guess we’re all entitled to our opinions. You can choose to view things whichever way you want.

I feel like he’s done exactly what we’ve wanted on these boards. He went to get the D, he drafted good players...
I don’t think Barrie is a defensive upgrade over Jake Gardiner and Cody Ceci is a lateral move from Zaitsev.

The team needed to get better defensively and I’m hard pressed to see how they did that.

Care to enlighten me?

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I don’t think Barrie is a defensive upgrade over Jake Gardiner and Cody Ceci is a lateral move from Zaitsev.

The team needed to get better defensively and I’m hard pressed to see how they did that.

Care to enlighten me?

I hate Barrie.

The upgrade is Muzzin. Just because he was here last season doesn’t mean Dubas didn’t add him when we needed him...

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I hate Barrie.

The upgrade is Muzzin. Just because he was here last season doesn’t mean Dubas didn’t add him when we needed him...
Fair enough.

I’m still undecided. Adding a 2nd pair D without taking from your roster is almost always good. I just wonder what else would have been available for that, or a similar package.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Fair enough.

I’m still undecided. Adding a 2nd pair D without taking from your roster is almost always good. I just wonder what else would have been available for that, or a similar package.

Ya that’s fair. Obviously if Muzzle was a RHD he’d be nearly perfect, too bad. I think we could see a good return from a Kapanen/Ceci(or Barrie even) package.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Care to enlighten me?

Name.the last rhd we had even close to Barries level....

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Name.the last rhd we had even close to Barries level....
I don’t know. Does the lack of recent quality at the position make Barrie good by default? Or is it because he’s good at being right handed?

He looks a lot like John Michael Liles defending down low.

Reactions: Hustlr

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I don’t know. Does the lack of recent quality at the position make Barrie good by default? Or is it because he’s good at being right handed?

He looks a lot like John Michael Liles defending down low.

His shot is the worst on our blue line, specifically his wrister.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
Barkov was a minus all last year. Him too?
Our generational center was a horrible plus minus last year.

Posters use plus minus like this

Matthews fans
When Matthews is a terrible plus minus like last year
It’s a crap stat that means nothing

Matthews fans when someone else is a terrible plus minus
He’s playing like crap look at his plus minus

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
How about Matthews lazy play on the Dubois goal. Speaking of plus minus what was Matthews final plus minus total by the end of the year.

We might be nit picking but Noodles reminded me of his untimely line change that led to a CBJ 4 on 2. Noodles called it low IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->