Proposal: Marner for Zadorov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Why not? Marner's on the same level as MacKinnon and he can actually help his team in the playoffs.
Ignoring your first comment, but what is the bold implying?

Anyway, value-wise it sucks for Toronto but the Avs are in no position to trade Zadorov, so even though they get the better player it makes them a worse team. Of all Leaf-Avs proposals I think the one that makes most sense would be Marner for Makar, not that I'm in any rush to trade Makar, but if management wants to keep Barrie then it makes more sense.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Marner looks like a great player, but he's definitely not on MacKinnon's level.

And because I absolutely love Zadorov and only McDavid would make me okay with trading him.

LOL... Only McDavid. Really? C'mon. Avs add more but not as much as people think. D-man are just more valuable than wingers.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
how about we just add matthews and tavares and nylander and retain their whole contracts so they can play for free for you guys??

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
how about we just add matthews and tavares and nylander and retain their whole contracts so they can play for free for you guys??
That would be better but I'd still miss Zadorov too much so.

For real though, I think Zadorov has huge potential and we're not in a position to move him, and have no reason to. He's looking to be a cornerstone piece of our blue line and we have a pair of 1sts upcoming in a deep draft, I'd rather gamble on those providing secondary offense than trading a big part of our future defense for another offensive forward.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Ignoring your first comment, but what is the bold implying?

Anyway, value-wise it sucks for Toronto but the Avs are in no position to trade Zadorov, so even though they get the better player it makes them a worse team. Of all Leaf-Avs proposals I think the one that makes most sense would be Marner for Makar, not that I'm in any rush to trade Makar, but if management wants to keep Barrie then it makes more sense.

MacKinnon was a defensive liability during the playoffs and this was one of the reasons they lost.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think you guys may be misinterpreting what I'm saying. MacKinnon is great and all but he's a defensive liability. I'm not saying he did more harm than good, he was great on one side of the ice but lackluster on the other half.
He's fine defensively, not great, but he's not bad either. Each season he has gotten better, saying he's a liability is an old myth.

Besides, MacKinnon being good or bad defensively has nothing to do with acquiring Marner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad