Proposal: Marner for Zadorov

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Not happening but got to think Toronto's considering their options on Nylander. Still think the Avs would have to add to Zadorov no matter Marner or Nylander.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'm sure I'll be called a massive homer, however I wouldn't do it.. :laugh:

imagine Mitch Marner on the 2nd line behind landy-mac-rants.....that could put them over the top in terms of whether they will be cup contenders with this current group. at the expense of a decent phyiscal 2nd pairing defenseman, you are off the rails here

Reactions: Brock Radunske

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Have you guys looked at the cap? This was a looming problem last year. Add Tavares

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Let the games begin.

Y29tqc1.gif

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I am surprised this is still open, its an obvious revenge thread cuz some one got their feelings hurt.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Marner is literally exactly what the avs need bruh

Avs have had a shitty defense for over a decade and they would have no one to reliably replace what Zadorov brings to the table.

Zadorov is the best defensively out of our young guys and also brings a level of physical play that no one else can provide.

So no Marner is not exactly what the Avs need at all if the price for him is Zadorov.

Avs have 2 1st round picks that have a decent chance of both being in the top15. Maybe even Top10. Thats where they will have to pickup their secondary scoring (or in UFA). Hopefully one of the bigger centers in Cozens, Krebs or Dach will be there for us to pick. Thats how we adress that hole.

If anyone on the blueline will be traded it is Barrie. Not Zadorov. And not because hfboards is right on Barrie. They are dead wrong. Its because between Makar, Girard, Timmins and even Zads, the Avs still will have plenty of offensive talent on the blueline even without him. Thats why trading him instead of signing him to a huge contract (that he deserves) might make sense for the Avs.

Trading Zadorov on the other hand makes no sense. Especially because I don't see a better LHD available for Marner either. Sure Marner has way more value than Zads but if you can't trade him for someone better, whats the point exactly?

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
No, it's not.

The Avalanche, much like the Maple Leafs, have a glaring need on their blueline.
They don't. The Avalanche have a vastly underrated blue line.

But don't have the people to trade their core defensemen away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad