Proposal: Marner for McAvoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
1for1 swap

edit: how about Marner for Mcavoy + 3C (that is physical and can PK)

edit: how about a MASSIVE trade,

Marner + Dermott + 3rd for Mcavoy + 3C + 1st (either 2020 or 2021, up to the Bruins. Pick is not protected)

Last edited:

Kruus22

Jun 24, 2019
Can’t see Leafs swapping a young almost 100pt scorer of his caliber to team that knocks them ot every year. That being said McAvoy would be a great asset. But no deal from either team. McAvoy imo is the next long term captain of the Bruins

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Can’t see Leafs swapping a young almost 100pt scorer of his caliber to team that knocks them ot every year. That being said McAvoy would be a great asset. But no deal from either team. McAvoy imo is the next long term captain of the Bruins
I’d say Bruins would jump at this. Marner is a game breaker, McAvoy is a decent #2 option.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
McAvoy a #2? :laugh:

The value's close and as a Leafs fan I'd honestly consider this. It would open up a big hole on the Bruins D though. Carlo is awesome but idk if he could fill the void McAvoy leaves.

Reactions: maxbme

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Honestly the value isn't that far off. Bruins would need to add, but not sure what or how much. McAvoy is a hell of a player, as is Marner of course.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'd rather pay the minute munching #1D 7 or 8 million than the #1 winger 10 or 11 million.

1000 times out of a thousand.

McAvoy was the TOI leader for the Eastern Conference champs. Even after missing a game due to suspension... he still had the most minutes. He is a 21 year old two-way #1D on one of the best teams in hockey... one that relies on their D, btw.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
What McAvoy could potentially bring to the Leafs is more valuable than what Marner currently brings to the Leafs IMHO. Leafs offense would suffer but there is still lots of firepower and their defense would more or less be solidified if one of the prospects (Sandin/Liljegren) or Dermott steps up as well.

Bruins on the other hand would have an even more explosive offense but their defense would suffer. That said, I'm not quite as well versed on how the Bruins D prospects are doing and if any of them are ready to step in to fill a Top 4 role if a Bs fan could assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad