Marner follows Matthews, gets Neptune Myth Tattoo...

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
What's utterly ridiculous is people like OP, who judge people getting tattoos as if it's their business. You can judge the quality of the work if you like, but not the decision. I have zero tattoos but I don't get my panties in a bunch at people who have them.

Also, great quality of work.

Why can't I judge someone on their decision to get a bad tattoo? The results of their decision are in plain sight. The people who get them often go our of their way to draw attention to them. There''s also a difference between laughing at someone and getting your "panties in a bunch".

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
last time there were two different articles about a teams players getting tats?

man, people really do love to hate the leafs eh?
a 95 pt season doesnt help either

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
What I've noticed are people getting regrettable tattoos -- only these days they aren't just single tattoos you can cover or easily alter, but entire sleeves worth. Almost everybody I knew who got tattoos in their teens and early 20s were less than impressed by their decision years later. So I guess I can't help but cringe a little when people get massive tattoos that I think they might regret later, but it's their business and their problem, not mine.

My brother got a tattoo in his teens that he covered up with a different one years later, though I didn't have the heart to tell him that I thought his update was even more dumb. :laugh:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Why does it concern you what people put on their own bodies? You can not like it for whatever reason but taste is subjective.

You are 110% correct, but unfortunately, we do not live in the world we should. Look at it this way. Even if he had every qualification in the world, how many people do you think would go to Star Bucks if this guy was their barista?

nintchdbpict000297232629-e1485514301735.jpg

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Nylander is Scandinavian and thankfully most of them have too much self respect to desecrate their bodies like that (Karlsson's depravity is a huge disappointment).

All of Markstrom, Lehner and Nilsson have extensive tattoo work as well so I'm not buying this theory.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
That's a sick tattoo. Both Matthew's and Marner's are done well, but the subject for Marner's is much better IMO.

These players are most likely never going to have a profession where some ink showing matters. I've got a few pieces, easily covered up in a business setting. If I was an NHL player I'm sure I'd follow suit, but right now all these bitter old men's opinions can actually affect me.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Nylander is Scandinavian and thankfully most of them have too much self respect to desecrate their bodies like that (Karlsson's depravity is a huge disappointment).

What an incredibly ridiculous comment. My god... Implying (or directly stating) that people who get tattoos like this have no self respect and are depraved and desecrating themselves is absurd and offensive.

Not to mention the inaccuracy of generalizing all Scandinavians into some boxed idea in which none of them would get tattoos, especially for some kind of odd righteous reason.... (Also, Tattoos are incredible common in Sweden and Finland...Stockholm is one of the most inked places in the world).

All around just an asinine statement and thought process. I hope that my sarcasm detector is way off and you're just being silly.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal

This is one of the most baseless statements I have ever read. Show us the statistics.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
You are 110% correct, but unfortunately, we do not live in the world we should. Look at it this way. Even if he had every qualification in the world, how many people do you think would go to Star Bucks if this guy was their barista?

nintchdbpict000297232629-e1485514301735.jpg

I know I'm not the person you're quoting, but I wouldn't go to Starbucks cuz it sucks, not cuz this guy looks like "that". Anyone not getting coffee from someone that looks like this guy needs to really re-evaluate their life. It's just coffee. Who cares what they look like.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I know I'm not the person you're quoting, but I wouldn't go to Starbucks cuz it sucks, not cuz this guy looks like "that". Anyone not getting coffee from someone that looks like this guy needs to really re-evaluate their life. It's just coffee. Who cares what they look like.

I mean, really...look how cuddly and cute that teddy bear is.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
these tattoos dont look that nice to me by themselves, but if you surround them with a sleeve it should make a difference

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Tyler Seguin does too. Probably more common than one would think.

I assume it's pretty common given how many dooshes I see on a daily basis. I know the spelling isn't right.. but you censorship and whatnot. The kids can't read bad words or they'll go to hell!!!

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
"Hi, welcome to Starbucks. What can I get for you?"
"I'll have a hot chocolate."
"Okay, that'll be 4.75... and 25 cents is your change. Have a nice day."
"You too."

You're right, I don't see why anyone would go in there with service like that. Actually having to talk to the guy at the cash register? Just awful.

EDIT: Not to mention the whole thing with equating numerous facial tattoos to a portrait done on the arm/leg/torso/wherever is a pretty ridiculous leap to begin with.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad