Marner follows Matthews, gets Neptune Myth Tattoo...

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Haha, yes. Kronos/Saturn would be the tops. Devour his own children and castrate his own father! Oh time, oh death, oh Lord. Mlk!

Aand that escalated.

On a personal note I don't like tattoos that much, not at least on my own skin, but if if has a meaning and symbology for the self and you're in to them, let that empower them then. Good for those who do, no offence taken. :)

Yeah, I'm not a big tattoo guy, but I think whatever someone does to their body is their business. It's not my place to judge.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I think it looks awesome.

I do believe tattoos should have meaning behind them. King Neptune/Poseidon are powerful and strong characters with many characteristics that embody a powerful person. So maybe that's what he's going for?

On a side note, Matthews got a lion probably because he's the King of the Six :laugh:.

I don't think tattoos are bad and should I find a symbol with enough meaning to me, I may get one myself (but I doubt it). Hopefully Marner doesn't regret it, the art itself is beautiful.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Is it just me or do people get tattoos now just because?

Naw...they do it to emulate Bieber.

justin-bieber-possible-new-tat.jpg

Tattoos used to be for bikers and convicts. Now they're for Bielibers.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Please do not call tattoos "tats", "ink" or "tatties". It's far more obnoxious than people berating you for not having deep meaning behind something you chose to put on your own damn body.

It's very well done, especially in regards to the shading.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I'd be triggered too if my fate was to look like this in 10 years:

images

BUT OMG...the tribal art totally means something to me ....because I have some celtic blood.

Why does it concern you what people put on their own bodies? You can not like it for whatever reason but taste is subjective.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Why does it concern you what people put on their own bodies? You can not like it for whatever reason but taste is subjective.

It doesn't really concern me. I can laugh at bad tattoos though. The same way I'd laugh at someone wearing bad ridiculous shoes.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I don't doubt Mitch is a Belieber so that's probably where the inspiration came from.
I am a little concerned the extra weight of the ink will kill his speed, or maybe cause him to to go in circles.:laugh:

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
What's utterly ridiculous is people like OP, who judge people getting tattoos as if it's their business. You can judge the quality of the work if you like, but not the decision. I have zero tattoos but I don't get my panties in a bunch at people who have them.

Also, great quality of work.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Think it looks really ugly but it's their body and choice so

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
This reminds me of a former friend of mine who got himself (a drawing of himself that a friend of his did) tattooed on his back shoulder.

I can't imagine what he thinks of it now, if he hasn't had it covered up.

That's what stevo did
Probably the inspiration

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Don't knock tattoos until you try it. They feel wonderful. Just make sure it's something you REALLY want.

I don't understand when people copy the same tattoo that everyone else has such as the tribal bands, or the star design that is popular now.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
A few tattoos can look ok.
Some people who are inked more or less head to foot are hard not to look at.
To each their own but I wonder how people feel later on in life about it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
More or less par for the course with this new era of NHL'er.
Kids making over half a million after tax while their peers are still in university/college or trying to 'figure themselves out'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad