Marner follows Matthews, gets Neptune Myth Tattoo...

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
He still looks like he is 16 years old.
It was the only way he could get facial hair on his body.

Great player. It is his personal choice for his body. Not really a thread worthy topic in my opinion.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
I hate tattoos generally but I like this one because it's so corny.

Personally, if I had to make a tattoo by gun threat, I would do one of Tyrion Lannister on my butt.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Bizarre choice but whatever, his body he can do what he wants.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Is it just me or do people get tattoos now just because?

Kid at work just went to get his anniversary date tattoo with now ex gf, covered up. Artist forgot and didn't show. So he went to another place and got some dumbass random meaningless tattoo out of a book done instead 110% randomly. It's only his second one so he's not just adding to a sleeve or anything lol.

Still has to get his ex gf tattoo covered up.

So to answer your question, yes.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I actually really like it...the detail is incredible, and I'm sure it has some meaning to him.

I'd bet a lot of money that he would have gotten the tattoo if Matthews hadn't gotten his though ;)

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He will regret that one day, probably sooner rather than later...as in he already regrets it. What a weirdo.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I think it's pretty cool. It's his body, and the artwork is done well. I've always enjoyed Mythology (Greek, Roman, Norse, and Egyptian), so I think it's pretty cool.

Poseidon was associated with the horse, a strong and powerful animal known for working hard, as well as the dolphin, a fast and intelligent animal. Two of the more noble creatures.

Even if this isn't why he got it, but he just enjoys Poseidon or how it looks, then that's his prerogative. For someone to consider it "utterly ridiculous" or act as though this is a mistake just reminds me of the old man yelling at the clouds from The Simpsons.

Funnily enough we were discussing this over dinner last night and my friend's 65 year old mother was talking about how ridiculous it is for people to get tattoos with no other reasoning than "tattoos are dumb and people just shouldn't get them". lol

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
The leafs are going to have the toughest team in the nhl by the start of the season. All those tough stamps add up. Boys will be boys

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Don't care why he got it or what it even is....that is an incredibly well done tattoo. Bravo.

As someone who has about 9 myself, and cherry pick the best shops out of the cities I go to, that is upper level stuff.

Brb I'm about to look at their portfolios and fly to wherever this place is.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Don't care why he got it or what it even is....that is an incredibly well done tattoo. Bravo.

As someone who has about 9 myself, and cherry pick the best shops out of the cities I go to, that is upper level stuff.

Brb I'm about to look at their portfolios and fly to wherever this place is.

Apparently he got it done at "The Village Ink" in Toronto.

And even if someone doesn't like Tats, I'm not sure how they can deny the quality of the inkwork. It's very clean and well done.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Pretty good quality tattoo.

I dont really care what people do in their lives. If their passionate about tattoos and thats what they want, its cool.

But just seems like so many people get them because other people are. Looks weird on him.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
So many people get tattoos to try to be unique these days, eventually you will be unique for not having one.

Never been a fan of tattoos, but occasionally I see one that's pretty cool and not over the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad