Speculation: Marner’s Deal

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If 11m is the actual floor, MM won't be a Leaf, and shouldn't be a Leaf.

The team would have no depth in the bottom 6 and backend, and therefore you will not be a contender for multiple years.

I can't see how in any world we pay Mitch more than 9-9.5m per year.

MM doesn't have to care, he owes us nothing, but he must understand this.
Do you think someone else will offer him $11M/yr? I do. Marner believes he is worth A.M. money - and so do I. Hopefully Dubas can find it in the budget.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
But you like a guy who goes around and licks people.

Don’t like the licking as it’s a tad gross, but I love to watch those guys like him play. His tweet and response was gold. After all this just entertainment.

KE19

Jan 30, 2019
Last few weeks I've been saying 10.5m x 5.

Now I change my prediction to 11.6m x 5.

The only comparable his agent needs to use is one on our own team. Good luck convincing Marner's agent and dad to take a penny less than Matthews who had a career high of 69 points when Mitch's going to top 100 points all while being the most consistently dominant forward on a top team in the league.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Last few weeks I've been saying 10.5m x 5.

Now I change my prediction to 11.6m x 5.

The only comparable his agent needs to use is one on our own team. Good luck convincing Marner's agent and dad to take a penny less than Matthews who had a career high of 69 points when Mitch's going to top 100 points all while being the most consistently dominant forward on a top team in the league.
Yup.

I still think Marner will take $11M - a bit of a home town discount and not worry about competing with Mr. Glass for the top salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad