Confirmed with Link: Marlies sign Jeff Glass to help in net

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
you knew they'd be signing someone.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
is the Justin Peters experiment over?

He might be added to the Growlers (ECHL).

Glass is a pretty solid AHL goaltender. He's not NHL quality but he should give the Marlies some nice goaltending depth to split time with Kaskisuo.

Reactions: selltrade

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kaskisuo with Glass backing him up is a solid tandem.

Kaskisuo did very well in Chicago last year.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The feel good story of last season getting to play in the NHL for the first time after 12 pro seasons.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Kaskisuo with Glass backing him up is a solid tandem.

Kaskisuo did very well in Chicago last year.

And the Leafs may even get one of their goalies back on waivers, so it could end up being even better.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Me, a week ago:

Anyone got predictions for where Picard and McElhinney end up?

I say Picard gests claimed by Calgary, and McBackup by Carolina. We sign Michael Leighton or Jeff Glass to be the 3rd stringer.
(link)

Philly, not Calgary, for Pickard. Other than that, it was bang on.

Reactions: Liminality

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Should be the backup to K2. I have faith in that tandem. Although I didn't realize Peters was with the Marlies. Would have loved to see him stick with them, as he is local to my area.

Reactions: iSophagus

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Should be the backup to K2. I have faith in that tandem. Although I didn't realize Peters was with the Marlies. Would have loved to see him stick with them, as he is local to my area.

Ya, you never hear about players on a PTO for an AHL team. I forgot that, too.

Peters will land somewhere, possibly even with the Marlies still. It's not so unheard of for AHL teams to carry 3 goalies, like it is in the NHL. And there's lots of back-to-backs on their schedule, if I remember correctly. Or maybe he'll get himself in with another organization. Teams seem to understand that you need to be more than 2 or 3 goalies deep, now. Your 4th (or 5th) stringer needs to be someone that won't get shell shocked in emergency NHL action. (see Chicago, Arizona, LA as recent examples)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad