Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Updated October 13th
Nicholas Robertson OHL PTB
Games: 9 Goals: 11 Assists: 7 Points: 18 SOG: 44 Rating: +7 ESP: 13 PPP: 5 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 1 POM:

SDA OHL PTB
Games: 9 Goals: 2 Assists: 16 Points: 18 SOG: 14 Rating: +7 ESP: 14 PPP: 4 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Kalle Loponen OHL SDB
Games: 9 Goals: 2 Assists: 2 Points: 4 SOG: 12
Rating: +9 ESP: 1 PPP: 3 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Riley Stotts WHL CGY
Games: 6 Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Points: 5 SOG: 27 Rating: +2 ESP: 2 PPP: 2 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 1 POM:

Mikhail Abramov QMJHL VIC
Games: 10 Goals: 4 Assists: 4 Points: 8 SOG: 35 Rating: -6 ESP: 3 PPP: 5 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Filip Kral WHL SPO
Games: 8 Goals: 2 Assists: 6 Points: 8 SOG: 26 Rating: +3 ESP: 4 PPP: 4 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 1 POM:

Zachary Bouthillier QMJHL SNB
Games: 7 GAA: 5.02 SV%: .880 SO: POW: POM:

Mike Koster USHL TRI
Games: 3 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 3
Rating: +1 ESP: PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Nicholas Abruzzese NCAA UofH
Games: Goals: Assists: Points: SOG:
Rating: ESP: PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Ryan O'Connell NCAA UofO
Games: Goals: Assists: Points: SOG:
Rating: ESP: PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Pontus Holmberg SHL Vaxjo
Games: 10 Goals: 1 Assists: 2 Points: 3 SOG: 9 Rating: +2 ESP: 3 PPP: CF%: 53.63 TOI: 11:30 POW: POM:

Semyon Kizimov VHL Lada
Games: 13 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 19
Rating: even ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 10:57 POW: POM:

Vladislav Kara VHL Bars
Games: 13 Goals: 4 Assists: 7 Points: 11 SOG: 51 Rating: +9 ESP: 10 PPP: 1 CF%: TOI: 15:32 POW: POM:

Mikko Kokkonen Liga Jukurit
Games: 3 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 6
Rating: even ESP: PPP: CF%: 50.0 TOI: 14:50 POW: POM:
Nuorten SM Liga Jukurit U20
Games: 7 Goals: 2 Assists: Points: 2 SOG: Rating: -3 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: NA

Eemeli Rasanen KHL Jokerit
Games: 8 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 3
Rating: -2 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 9:17 POW: POM:
Mestis K-Vantaa
Games: 3 Goals: 1 Assists: 1 Points: 2 SOG: 9
Rating: +5 ESP: 1 PPP: CF%: 53.5 TOI: 21:35 POW: POM:

James Greenway 1g 1a for Maine.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Before Sandin was sent down, the core defenceman were Lilly, Gravel, Schmaltz and Harpur. Now with Sandin back, it's Lilly, Sandin, Schmaltz and Harpur.
The rotation was between Rubins, Kivihalme and Lindgren.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That’s massive disrespect to Kara

I like Kara as much as the next guy but he's never had more than bottom 6 upside and is still in the VHL at 21 (although I would hope for not much longer). Tabbing Greenway as a better prospect is not disrespect in the least.

The guy has major upside but struggled to adapt to the NCAA off-the-ice. Maybe he's not an academic. Does not mean he's a poor hockey player. He's not going to be the #1 defenseman, and arguably the best player, on a respectable Maine team in a tough conference featuring BC, BU, Northeastern, Providence College and UMass-Amherst. If he can get close to a PPG and handles that role well, there is a good chance the Leafs do not even let him play in his senior season; they'll sign him and get him to the Marlies ASAP.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Before Sandin was sent down, the core defenceman were Lilly, Gravel, Schmaltz and Harpur. Now with Sandin back, it's Lilly, Sandin, Schmaltz and Harpur.
The rotation was between Rubins, Kivihalme and Lindgren.
I'd like to see Harpur moved at some point.

Sandin-Liljegren
Kivihalme-Schmaltz
Rubins-Lindgren

Reactions: stickty111

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I like Kara as much as the next guy but he's never had more than bottom 6 upside and is still in the VHL at 21 (although I would hope for not much longer). Tabbing Greenway as a better prospect is not disrespect in the least.

The guy has major upside but struggled to adapt to the NCAA off-the-ice. Maybe he's not an academic. Does not mean he's a poor hockey player. He's not going to be the #1 defenseman, and arguably the best player, on a respectable Maine team in a tough conference featuring BC, BU, Northeastern, Providence College and UMass-Amherst. If he can get close to a PPG and handles that role well, there is a good chance the Leafs do not even let him play in his senior season; they'll sign him and get him to the Marlies ASAP.

Kara is far far better than the reds of the guys you listed. Thinking he is on par or in the same ballpark with the likes of o’connell And Bouthillier is down right embarrassing.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Schmaltz has actually been good for the Marlies early on though. Once Lindgren and Kivihalme get comfortable then maybe you look at it but he's fine there for now.
All the defencemen have looked fine. Even Hapur who i'm a huge critic of. I agree though later on the youngsters should be prioritized.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Because some weird stuff happened to greenway, we technically so not know what we have with greenway until he establishes consistency of games played (i remember he was a raw prospect with tools and nice skill though). I thought kara’s production would slow down. Last time i checked he was below a ppg and just now saw that he has 15 pts in 14 games in the vhl.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Kara is far far better than the reds of the guys you listed. Thinking he is on par or in the same ballpark with the likes of o’connell And Bouthillier is down right embarrassing.

Who in their right mind would be embarrassed for not correctly evaluating a late round, 21 year old hockey prospect playing in a second tier league in Russia? :laugh:

Reactions: dubplatepressure

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Who in their right mind would be embarrassed for not correctly evaluating a late round, 21 year old hockey prospect playing in a second tier league in Russia? :laugh:

You don’t get it.

VHL is a better league than the QMJHL and the NCAA. Kara is one of the top producers in that league too.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
We need some size and toughness on the Blueline.
Keep him for the yr
See if the coaching staff can't correct a few things in his game.
Then get some size and toughness that can play hockey.

Get somebody that can play in your top 4 or top 9 forwards so they can actually make the impact you'd want. Playing the 3rd pair or 4th line isn't going to help a Marner or Matthews or Rielly when somebody tries to go high on them because he won't be out there with those guys.

Best case for Harpur is being a 6th/7th d-man that will hopefully not implode in his own zone one day.

We shouldn't waste our time with him.

Reactions: SprDaVE

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Because some weird stuff happened to greenway, we technically so not know what we have with greenway until he establishes consistency of games played (i remember he was a raw prospect with tools and nice skill though). I thought kara’s production would slow down. Last time i checked he was below a ppg and just now saw that he has 15 pts in 14 games in the vhl.

Is Greenway in his 3rd. of 4 eligible NCAA years?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

You totally missed my point.

I am saying that Greenway is more of a prospect than those guys. That's not to say that Holmberg, Kara, O'Connell and Kizimov should not also be listed and tracked (Bouthillier shouldn't be tracked anymore), because they still have NHL potential themselves (even if it is just as bottom 6/pairing type guys). It's also not to say that they are all on the same level as each other either. Kara + Holmberg > O'Connell + Kizimov.

What I am said was in response to @stickty111 stating that Greenway is not an "actual prospect" despite being more of a prospect than a number of prospects on that list. It was a comment on how Greenway is being underrated and disrespected, likely because he transferred, which was only further justified by the rush of people saying that it is disrespect for Kara instead.

Unless you guys genuinely think that Greenway is a prospect not worth tracking anymore, in which case I do recommend at least looking at him a few more times before making that judgement, my point stands.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

I am saying that Greenway is more of a prospect than those guys. That's not to say that Holmberg, Kara, O'Connell and Kizimov should not also be listed and tracked (Bouthillier shouldn't be tracked anymore), because they still have NHL potential themselves (even if it is just as bottom 6/pairing type guys). It's also not to say that they are all on the same level as each other either. Kara + Holmberg > O'Connell + Kizimov.

What I am said was in response to @stickty111 stating that Greenway is not an "actual prospect" despite being more of a prospect than a number of prospects on that list. It was a comment on how Greenway is being underrated and disrespected, likely because he transferred, which was only further justified by the rush of people saying that it is disrespect for Kara instead.

Unless you guys genuinely think that Greenway is a prospect not worth tracking anymore, in which case I do recommend at least looking at him a few more times before making that judgement, my point stands.
I am only going by his career so far, which doesn't indicate a prospect we should watch. However I will add him if you feel Greenway is still a legit prospect. Bouthillier is only there because I don't give up on a prospect just over a year after being drafted, no matter how bad the numbers may be.

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

Kara is easily a better prospect than Greenway, too...

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Kara is easily a better prospect than Greenway, too...

I disagree. Definitely not "easily", and arguably not at all, in terms of current refinement.

If we are going on upside, Greenway is easily the better prospect.

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->