Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Bloody hell, that game was insane

Good to see the boys win another one and Woll get the W after a tough game

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Back and forth game, and this is one Keefe won't be too pleased with either. Find a way to win though.

Lilly not as good as yesterday, but solid again for the most part. Sandin good bounceback game but he did make a couple of mistakes which cost the team goals, but I thought he was better then last game for sure.
Shots were 31-26 Marlies

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Looking at the boxscore, did Sandin and Liljegren struggle today? Appears they were on for a few goals against.
Nah, they were fine. Had a couple rough moments but were good. Not their best game but were effective. Sandin had a couple of errors, all though not sure if can even call them errors thinking about it. He made some nice plays offensively.

Reactions: Menzinger

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Looking at the boxscore, did Sandin and Liljegren struggle today? Appears they were on for a few goals against.
Nah they were fine.

As much as we want them too dominate every game, they're still just 20 and 19 years old playing nearly half of every game as the top pair in a mens league with a junior type of schedule (3 in 3's).

Extremely rare to see two kids playing together that can handle it as well as these guys have so far. There will be growing pains but the Leafs will benefit big time when they do come up full time.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I like Bracco, I really do, and I want him to play in the NHL. With that being said I think Toronto should trade Bracco to a team desperate for a playmaker (like Minnesota) and don't care if that player knows how to backcheck. There is just no way Bracco is going to make it into the top6 on the Leafs and he is not a bottom6 player

I'd bring up Brazeau

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I like Bracco, I really do, and I want him to play in the NHL. With that being said I think Toronto should trade Bracco to a team desperate for a playmaker (like Minnesota) and don't care if that player knows how to backcheck. There is just no way Bracco is going to make it into the top6 on the Leafs and he is not a bottom6 player

I'd bring up Brazeau

If Marner and Nylander aren't getting traded he's a bit redundant within the organization

He's a great PP QB but if he's not driving a 1 PP unit (which he wouldn't be) and he's not playing with a shooting center in the top 6 (which he wouldn't be) your basically neutering his best qualities

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Where is Ian Scott playing this year? He’s not listed on the Marlies or Growlers rosters.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Is Kasimir Kask a legit goaltender prospect?

He had that amazing playoff run and has picked right back where he left off.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Is Kasimir Kask a legit goaltender prospect?

He had that amazing playoff run and has picked right back where he left off.

I mean he just turned 26 (or is going to be very soon), so I would say no. However a legit #3 option, I would think so.

He's certainly outplayed Hutch for much of this calendar year.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Prospect of the week,
I'm giving it to Riley Stotts. This is his 2nd POW. He had 4 points in 3 games. Abramov could have also got it as he had 5 points in 4 games, but 4 of those were PP points. All of Stotts points were at even strength. Kara had 4 points in the 1 game he played, but he didn't play in the others for some reason. I can't give a POW to someone who only played 1 game even if it's not their fault.

Reactions: hockeynorth

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Prospect of the month, this one is really tough. I could give it to SDA or Robertson. The obvious answer should be Robertson because of the goals, but when it comes to prospect stats, I like to value goals the same as assists. Some players are just goal scorers. They also had the same amount of empty net points.
Taking everything into account, I am making the tough decision and making Robertson and SDA co winners. You can't really separate the 2.
Robertson had 20 points in 12 games, and only 6 of them were on the PP. SDA had 5 points on the PP, so not really much of a difference, and Robertson had 1 more total points then SDA with 20.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Updated October 20th
Nicholas Robertson OHL PTB
Games: 12 Goals: 12 Assists: 8 Points: 20 SOG: 50 Rating: +8 ESP: 14 PPP: 6 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 1 POM: 1

SDA OHL PTB
Games: 10 Goals: 2 Assists: 17 Points: 19 SOG: 16 Rating: +7 ESP: 14 PPP: 5 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Kalle Loponen OHL SDB
Games: 13 Goals: 2 Assists: 4 Points: 6 SOG: 19 Rating: +6 ESP: 2 PPP: 4 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Riley Stotts WHL CGY
Games: 9 Goals: 5 Assists: 4 Points: 9 SOG: 36 Rating: +3 ESP: 6 PPP: 2 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 2 POM:

Mikhail Abramov QMJHL VIC
Games: 14 Goals: 6 Assists: 7 Points: 13 SOG: 51 Rating: -8 ESP: 4 PPP: 9 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Filip Kral WHL SPO
Games: 10 Goals: 2 Assists: 7 Points: 9 SOG: 38 Rating: +3 ESP: 5 PPP: 4 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 1 POM:

Zachary Bouthillier QMJHL SNB
Games: 9 GAA: 4.41 SV%: .884 SO: POW: POM:

Mike Koster USHL TRI
Games: 6 Goals: Assists: 1 Points: 1 SOG: 9 Rating: -4 ESP: PPP: 1 CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Nicholas Abruzzese NCAA UofH
Games: Goals: Assists: Points: SOG:
Rating: ESP: PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Ryan O'Connell NCAA UofO
Games: Goals: Assists: Points: SOG:
Rating: ESP: PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

JD Greenway NCAA UofM
Games: 4 Goals: 1 Assists: 3 Points: 4 SOG: 12 Rating: +2 ESP: 4 PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Pontus Holmberg SHL Vaxjo
Games: 12 Goals: 1 Assists: 2 Points: 3 SOG: 10 Rating: even ESP: 3 PPP: CF%: 53.93 TOI: 11:26 POW: POM:

Semyon Kizimov VHL Lada
Games: 16 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 21 Rating: even ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 10:27 POW: POM:

Vladislav Kara VHL Bars
Games: 15 Goals: 5 Assists: 10 Points: 15 SOG: 56 Rating: +13 ESP: 14 PPP: 1 CF%: TOI: 15:38 POW: POM:

Mikko Kokkonen Liga Jukurit
Games: 4 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 6
Rating: +2 ESP: PPP: CF%: 42.10 TOI: 15:44 POW: POM:
Nuorten SM Liga Jukurit U20
Games: 9 Goals: 2 Assists: 1 Points: 3 SOG: Rating: -7 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: NA

Eemeli Rasanen KHL Jokerit
Games: 7 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 3
Rating: -2 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 10:36 POW: POM:
Mestis K-Vantaa
Games: 4 Goals: 1 Assists: 1 Points: 2 SOG: 9 Rating: +4 ESP: 1 PPP: CF%: 55.40 TOI: 20:05 POW: POM:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
So is Riley Stotts turning it on? I liked the pick at the time but other people were iffy and we haven't heard much about him since either positive or negative. What's your thoughts guys? Good bottom six centre one day?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
So is Riley Stotts turning it on? I liked the pick at the time but other people were iffy and we haven't heard much about him since either positive or negative. What's your thoughts guys? Good bottom six centre one day?

Seems pretty average at best. He did well at the rookie camp overall but his lack of production will likely make him an unsigned prospect.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Liljegren did not get off to a slow start in year one. He had a very good start which was talked about a lot.
It's understandable that you don't like him but I don't see the need to post negatively about him for no reason. Especially considering his start.

Everyone is well aware of your thoughts towards him. No need to go on and on at a time when he seems to be playing really well.

Reactions: stickty111

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
I’m on the lower end for him. Obviously hope I’m wrong but I don’t think he makes it down the road.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

If he gets to 80-90 points this year, he's worth an ELC. If he does not, he'll be one of those iffy cases like McGregor.

McGregor was arguably worth an ELC last year, but obviously did not impress near the end of the year.

Stotts just needs to continue playing a complete game and continue to impress throughout the entire year. If he eclipses 80 points in the role he's currently getting, he should get an ELC. He would be a nice option for the Marlies 4C job next year.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
If he gets to 80-90 points this year, he's worth an ELC. If he does not, he'll be one of those iffy cases like McGregor.

McGregor was arguably worth an ELC last year, but obviously did not impress near the end of the year.

Stotts just needs to continue playing a complete game and continue to impress throughout the entire year. If he eclipses 80 points in the role he's currently getting, he should get an ELC. He would be a nice option for the Marlies 4C job next year.
I would have thought Mcgregor would get an ELC just based off his speed and 2 way ability. Could've been groomed for a 4C role in about 3 years.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I would have thought Mcgregor would get an ELC just based off his speed and 2 way ability. Could've been groomed for a 4C role in about 3 years.

I think it had to do with his Marlies stint. For some reason he did not impress them, going as far as even releasing him from his Try-Out.

Maybe it was character, but he seems like a really nice and smart guy... Plus he was named captain. Could have just been when he was measured against Elynuik, Conrad, etc.

It could just be that he could not measure up against the competition enough to warrant an ELC, which means he's going back to the OHL. Who knows, maybe he's coming back this year on an AHL deal? I'd definitely take him.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
It's understandable that you don't like him but I don't see the need to post negatively about him for no reason. Especially considering his start.

Everyone is well aware of your thoughts towards him. No need to go on and on at a time when he seems to be playing really well.

Saying that he had a good start in year one is not posting negatively about him.

The revisionism on here is amazing. Similar to last season when the consensus on here was that Liljegren was great at the start of last season, and anyone who dared to say otherwise was attacked, until it was advantageous to admit that he had a poor start because that made his improvement at the end of the season look better.

Jeff didn't think that Lilly had a poor start to his first season back at that time. And Jeff didn't think that Liljegren was anything but amazing last year at the time, but now all that has changed because he wants to sell the idea that Liljegren is rapidly improving now (maybe he is, but if he was half as good last season as Jeff insisted he was, that would be damn near impossible), while at the same time continuing to attack those who were critical of Liljegren's play in the past (even though Jeff is now criticizing Liljegren's past play - saying the types of things he would have attacked others for saying at the time - because it supports his narrative of the moment).

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Saying that he had a good start in year one is not posting negatively about him.

The revisionism on here is amazing. Similar to last season when the consensus on here was that Liljegren was great at the start of last season, and anyone who dared to say otherwise was attacked, until it was advantageous to admit that he had a poor start because that made his improvement at the end of the season look better.

Jeff didn't think that Lilly had a poor start to his first season back at that time. And Jeff didn't think that Liljegren was anything but amazing last year at the time, but now all that has changed because he wants to sell the idea that Liljegren is rapidly improving now (maybe he is, but if he was half as good last season as Jeff insisted he was, that would be damn near impossible), while at the same time continuing to attack those who were critical of Liljegren's play in the past (even though Jeff is now criticizing Liljegren's past play - saying the types of things he would have attacked others for saying at the time - because it supports his narrative of the moment).
You lost me at Jeff. I would take anything he says with a grain of salt. I don't respect his work in the slightest.

And just so we're clear, I wasn't attacking you. I respect that you back up your opinions with factual evidence. I just think the negativity around here is way too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad