Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Who ordered a taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Probably best for him to be there for another year, maybe two, then the Marlies.

We are already going to have to transition both Abramov and potentially SDA down the middle. We don't need a 3rd guy to transition right now. Let him transition along side Holmberg next year.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Someone posted a video of one of our NCCAA finnish players. Who is that Finn, he took a wrist shot, that quite seriously looked like the fastest wrister, I have evers seen.

Rang it off the crossbar, never heard the iron sound quite like that before.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Someone posted a video of one of our NCCAA finnish players. Who is that Finn, he took a wrist shot, that quite seriously looked like the fastest wrister, I have evers seen.

Rang it off the crossbar, never heard the iron sound quite like that before.

Veeti Miettinen

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Was that an anomaly, the speed, or is this the norm for this guy. That particular shot, seemed faster than Auston's shot. LOL, and the guy had no reservation taking it from just inside the blueline. Goalie still didn't see it.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Was that an anomaly, the speed, or is this the norm for this guy. That particular shot, seemed faster than Auston's shot. LOL, and the guy had no reservation taking it from just inside the blueline. Goalie still didn't see it.

He has a pro shot. Absolutely no doubt. He's scored a ton of snipes and rang a bunch off of the bar too.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
not an anomaly at all. This kid has an absolute cannon. That said, so did Matt Frattin back in the day. He is definitely tracking well better than his 6th round draft position, but he still needs to continue to progress. Early indications are super promising though

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
not an anomaly at all. This kid has an absolute cannon. That said, so did Matt Frattin back in the day. He is definitely tracking well better than his 6th round draft position, but he still needs to continue to progress. Early indications are super promising though

There's a blast from the past.. A case of 'what-if he could stay healthy'.. IIRC it was hip issues that derailed his career.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I would say Miettinen has more skill than Frattin and is a better puck carrier because of his skating and hands. He kind of reminds me of Owen Tippett.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
I thought it was a knee injury but either way, Frattin came back from it too soon and he was noticeably different. Shame too, he had some serious tools.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
There's a blast from the past.. A case of 'what-if he could stay healthy'.. IIRC it was hip issues that derailed his career.
Ya I really liked Frattin, and had every bit of the makings of an NHL player. Strong on the puck and a f***ing missile of his blade. Looks like he is still playing is the K, but ya I think injuries has something to do with his early departure from the NHL. He had a lot of value league wide at one point. Think we got Bernier from him if i am not mistaken

I would say Miettinen has more skill than Frattin and is a better puck carrier because of his skating and hands. He kind of reminds me of Owen Tippett.

I agree, I think overall skill level is better for Veeti, but he is still raw from the very very little that I have seen. His development path should really help. He will be sheltered in the NCAA and will get every opportunity to produce and develop. He is the exact type of player I like the Leafs targeting in late rounds. Albeit I am still very confused how he fell to the 6th. There's no way he is a 6th round talent. IMO

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I thought it was a knee injury but either way, Frattin came back from it too soon and he was noticeably different. Shame too, he had some serious tools.

I still remember getting giddy about Kulemin and Frattin highlight videos. Dominant scorers and physical threats at their respective levels.

Frattin was never the same after blowing his knee, Kulemin was never the same after Korolev's death

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Big difference with Miettenin, Frattin was a fire hydrant - shortish and sturdy. Miet at this point looks quite slight. He'll need a few years to add some muscle to his frame, but as all have been saying, great value for a 6th rounder

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.

little disappointing not being able to see him play for the Marlies, but it will be cool if he can crack Sweden's roster at the worlds. Love to see how he looks with NHL talent

Got to think he's been told he has a legit chance. Probably helps with the cover, some will want to get out of a 'bubble' and spend time with family/friends over more isolating, so opens a few more doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad