Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Vote Miettinen for the Hobey Baker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Ugly ugly sequence for Sandin and Liljegren.
Sandin gets too fancy off the faceoff turns it over. Liljegren clears it but it goes off the Moose player and the other player taps it in. 2-1

I take it back. That was more on Sandin and a bad break for Liljegren.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I don't think Duszak has played one shift as a d man so far.

He's probably playing as a RW today, but that is probably because the Marlies only have 11 forwards available right now. The rest are in quarantine or likely travelling, since we signed those young guys pretty late.

He should be back on RD. We don't really have a lot of extra RD, and we just traded Warsofsky so we would not have too many spares.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
2-1 after 1. Marlies looked good offensively but awful in their own end. Moose had probably 6-7 odd man rushes.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Just tuned in towards the end there, pretty cool seeing Perfetti out there for Manitoba. I think each NHL team should have the option to pull one prospect from the CHL per year if they so choose and feel its in the best interest of the player's future. So many players already score 2+ PPG, win a league MVP or scoring title or whatever, and then have to go back and further dominate kids the next year because they're not quite ready for the NHL. The CHL wants to keep their stars, so they can make more money, at the detriment of the player's development in many instances.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Just tuned in towards the end there, pretty cool seeing Perfetti out there for Manitoba. I think each NHL team should have the option to pull one prospect from the CHL per year if they so choose and feel its in the best interest of the player's future. So many players already score 2+ PPG, win a league MVP or scoring title or whatever, and then have to go back and further dominate kids the next year because they're not quite ready for the NHL. The CHL wants to keep their stars, so they can make more money, at the detriment of the player's development in many instances.
I think that could help the CHL by allowing 1 prospect per team to be pulled. I say that because with that player gone, another player could take that ice time and thrive due to the extra development and ice time. In theory, I think this could benefit a lot of players.

Reactions: supermann_98

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
The 2-1 goal was certainly a Sandin meltdown. But man is he absolutely toying with guys out there at times. There was like 3 straight shifts where he was just walking guys left and right

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Man they are developing Liljegren perfectly. :sarcasm:

Sitting him out for over 11 months, and then rewarding his season last year as the top Marlies defenceman in points and points/game (and his good start to this game) by having Sandin on PP1 and Rosen on PP2 over him.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

Sitting him out for over 11 months, and then rewarding his season last year as the top Marlies defenceman in points and points/game (and his good start to this game) by having Sandin on PP1 and Rosen on PP2 over him.
So are we blaming the doobler again? for the PP combinations?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Honestly with the lack of offense on that team I would go back to the 2 D PP1 with Sandin and Liljegren up high.

Liljegren can produce well at 5 on 5 at the AHL level anyways so I'm not to concerned

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Some shaky defensive play and missed assignments but they haven't played in a year. Otherwise, Liljegren looks just as good as Sandin, if not better so far. Tim undoubtedly deserves some PP time. Hollowell looking confident and involved in transition; hopefully he gets an increased role this year.

Robertson fighting the puck a bit. Might take a couple games to get up to speed post-injury.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Dagostini on his knees, thanking his lucky stars at the end there.

Rough go on the Sandin injury, didn’t see him out in the third. Wonder when they decide on Giving some sort of an update.

Reactions: uncleben

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Imagine Sandin is out for a while (just saying, I have no idea whether it’s serious). Now you have a guy who missed 11 months, missing even more time. That would be on Doobler.

Or he could have been hurt in Sweden or wherever you wanted to send him...

Reactions: uncleben

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Or he could have been hurt in Sweden or wherever you wanted to send him...

Ok but if he missed 2-3 months in Europe, he still shows up ready for camp on time. Now, any missed time will get tacked on to that 11 month hiatus. Hopefully, this all stays as a hypothetical and the guy is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->