Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Vote Miettinen for the Hobey Baker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain34

Sep 18, 2019
Can you please elaborate on some of the embarassing post game interviews? What was said exactly by Moore?

Assuming these are the lines
Forwards
The top line is strong. I have questions about the 2nd line but if Kossila can get comfortable which he never really did last year, it's fine. 3rd line is okay but I don't think it's great. Good 4th line.

The defence just like last 2-3 years should be a strong suit unless Moore ruins it again.

The 1st pair is probably a top 3 pairing in the league or close to it. You have the 2 way all round stud in Lilly with the high IQ 1st pair offensive mind in Sandin.
The 2nd pair is really good. Rosen is good enough to be on the 1st pair so him on the 2nd is great depth. The biggest wild card is Hollowell. The organization is high on him so they need to start playing him meaningful minutes. Get him on the 2nd pair with mid usage and PP time. He needs to play his game. Being conservative won't get him anywhere.
The 3rd pair is good but it's an odd mix. I would do Rubins with Kivihalme even though the handidness is the same.

Goalies could go anywhere.

The coaching can't be any worse after Moore was hired. From imploding games to strange lineups to embarassing post game interviews. It can only go up from here. In some respects, he is coaching for his job.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Toronto Marlies Announce 2020-21 Opening Night Roster – Toronto Marlies

Screen-Shot-2021-02-15-at-10.10.05-AM.png

Oof, Scott is still injured... He was one of the main people I wanted to see today. I guess there is still a fair bit to see.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Can you please elaborate on some of the embarassing post game interviews? What was said exactly by Moore?
You know how coaches say "we, us" to describe the team.
Moore said "they" as if he is seperate from the team. Also implied the players don't care.

Reactions: Captain34

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
:laugh: Forgot Herzog is still Leaf property. He's practically PPG for HC Davos this season
I obviously haven't seen him play but we might as well bring him over and see what we got, could get a 4th liner still maybe? Given how little depth the Marlies have, even possibly going into next year, it wouldn't hurt.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Obviously excited to see Sandin and Liljegren get some game action and very excited to see what Robertson can do at this level. Will have my eye on Brazeau as well but particularly interested to see what Hardie is able to do. I'm surprised he wasn't drafted this year.

If Hardie plays well, can the Marlies/Leafs sign him or does he have to go back to OHL regardless once their season begins (if it begins).

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
That goaltending tandem is going to be interesting
I'd almost be tempted to give the reins to Edmonds for now to see if he is a somewhat worthwhile prospect since develop should be this year's priority.

D'Agostino is a career ECHL G, and Link has one USport GP

genk

Nov 15, 2015
The two players I was most interested in following this year have been injured to start. Scott and Robertson. Brutal.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Mights as well give Edmonds a few games to see if he can play behind a defense as good as this one.

D'Agostini is an average ECHL goalie.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies score. 1-0. Anderson with the goal. Robertson and Gaudet with the assists.
Robertson's shot was blocked, Gaudet's wrap around attempt was tapped in by Anderson.

Reactions: zeke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad