Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - The AHL is up and prospects are in play

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
How exactly has he "levelled off"? He has steadily improved each and every year and is now dominating the AHL both offensively and defensively. I don't think there is much more he can do at the AHL level outside of scoring more goals.
Plus he has never been a goal scorer at any level.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
0.78 PPG this year in the AHL, but is a defense first type player. :laugh:

if you watch the games, he is not offensive threat, I have only watched one game this year, maybe he is trying to up his offensive game, dunno, i will try and watch more games

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
if you watch the games, he is not offensive threat, I have only watched one game this year, maybe he is trying to up his offensive game, dunno, i will try and watch more games

IDK must have been an off-game for him then. He has been a major offensive threat in every game I've seen him in, and I've watched all but like 2 games this year.

He's not like Kivihalme where he is constantly hogging the puck and effectively playing like a 4th forward. He is a lot smarter than that. But he is clearly a guy who dictates play at both ends when he is on the ice.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
IDK must have been an off-game for him then. He has been a major offensive threat in every game I've seen him in, and I've watched all but like 2 games this year.

He's not like Kivihalme where he is constantly hogging the puck and effectively playing like a 4th forward. He is a lot smarter than that. But he is clearly a guy who dictates play at both ends when he is on the ice.

dunno, I dont see it, no where near the offensive skill set of a sandin or even rosen

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
dunno, I dont see it, no where near the offensive skill set of a sandin or even rosen
I find it hard to believe someone could watch his hands, passing ability, and skating make defenders look dumb night in and night out and determine he has nowhere near the skill level of Sandin or Rosen. He's more naturally skilled than either. What lets Sandin produce similarly is his smarts.

Last edited:

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
:huh: why don't you try to watch more before you make yourself look more foolish with silly comments? Lilly has looked dynamic and creative offensively pretty much every game and almost every time he's got the puck

Reactions: Morgs

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Tverberg's season is done after UConn loses in the QF.
I hope we can get him on a PTO for the Marlies and give him some pro experience. He's a local kid too, can train with the team and some of our other big prospects. Give him a taste of what he needs to do.

Reactions: aingefan

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I hope we can get him on a PTO for the Marlies and give him some pro experience. He's a local kid too, can train with the team and some of our other big prospects. Give him a taste of what he needs to do.

You can't with NCAA guys. They would lose their scholarship.

We can do it with Greenway though. That may be worth a shot to see if he has anything to offer the Leafs/Marlies going forward or is a completely lost cause.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
You can't with NCAA guys. They would lose their scholarship.

We can do it with Greenway though. That may be worth a shot to see if he has anything to offer the Leafs/Marlies going forward or is a completely lost cause.

He can still train with us though, right? Or is that against the rules too? I remember other NHL teams bitched about the Leafs prospects training or something not too long ago.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
He can still train with us though, right? Or is that against the rules too? I remember other NHL teams bitched about the Leafs prospects training or something not too long ago.

He can come to prospect camp if he pays his own way. He can't be with the team officially though.

I am sure he will come to Toronto and we will give him advice, but he is going to do it on his own.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs. I will add the other leagues when their playoffs start.
Updated March 13th

Games today

Game 4: Kometo wins 2-1 in OT
Kral 1 assist
Series tied 2-2

Game 3: Irbis wins 5-2
Artur 2 goals on 34 shots
Irbis leads 2-1

KHL
1st Round: Salavat(4) vs Tractor(5)
Best of 7
Salavat wins series 4-1
Rodion Amirov (Salavat)
Series:
GP 5 Goals Assists Points SOG 7 TOI 11:13
Playoffs:
GP 5 Goals Assists Points SOG 7 TOI 11:13
Regular season:
GP 39 Goals 9 Assists 4 Points 13 SOG 73 TOI 13:54

MHL
1st Round: Irbis(2) vs Avto(7)
Best of 5
Irbis leads 2-1
Artur Akhtyamov (Irbis)
Series:
GP 3 SV% .931 GAA 2.02 SO 1
Playoffs:
GP 3 SV% .931 GAA 2.02 SO 1
Regular Season:
GP 9 SV% .935 GAA 1.66 SO 3

Extraliga
1st Round: Vitkovice(8) vs Kometo(9)
Best of 5
Series tied 2-2
Filip Kral (Kometo)
Series:
GP 4 Goals 1 Assists 2 Points 3 SOG 9 TOI 27:57
Playoffs:
GP 4 Goals 1 Assists 2 Points 3 SOG 9 TOI 27:57
Regular Season:
GP 48 Goals 6 Assists 15 Points 21 SOG 69 TOI 20:57

Notes:
Irbis is on the verge of advancing.

Kometo has forced a deciding game 5 after being down 2-0 in the series with consequtive OT victories.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

i just watching the marlies game now, your way off with saying he is "major offensive threat" and "a guy who dictates play at both ends" he not even on the PP, Mac Hollowell is seems to be the #1 PP Dman ,,, I stand by my earlier post about this, this not worth any further discussion anyways, moving on

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
i just watching the marlies game now, your way off with saying he is "major offensive threat" and "a guy who dictates play at both ends" he not even on the PP, Mac Hollowell is seems to be the #1 PP Dman ,,, I stand by my earlier post about this, this not worth any further discussion anyways, moving on

Fine by me. You are doing everyone a favour.

It is obvious when people come around spreading crap and do not watch the games. You are no different.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yup when the facts go against you. It's better to stop discussing it.
Next time watch the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad