Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - The AHL is up and prospects are in play

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Joe miller had a great game today. I saw him in the first period where he showed great hustle and when he had space, he did great things. Of course when i went outside, he started scoring.

he had at least two takeaways today where he read the play well.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoSteel?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

nick abbruzzese may be a guest for tmr’s steel game.

I would not be surprised if he recommits somewhere else just like Tverberg and Schingoethe did. They were going to programs which would have given them playing time and are nothing compared to what Miller is going to face at Minnesota. Minnesota is going to have like 15 new forwards next year and they are going to return most of their top guys next year. Plus he is going up against guys like Broz, Knies, and Lucius who are likely going a lot higher than he did.

Minnesota Duluth would make a lot more sense for him if he wants early playing time. All of their top forwards are juniors and seniors right now so he would be a top 6 guy as a sophomore and would still get to play with top guys like Biondi, Jack Smith, etc. in a tough conference. I would bet the Leafs would prefer he goes there.

Reactions: Prominence

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I would not be surprised if he recommits somewhere else just like Tverberg and Schingoethe did. They were going to programs which would have given them playing time and are nothing compared to what Miller is going to face at Minnesota. Minnesota is going to have like 15 new forwards next year and they are going to return most of their top guys next year. Plus he is going up against guys like Broz, Knies, and Lucius who are likely going a lot higher than he did.

Minnesota Duluth would make a lot more sense for him if he wants early playing time. All of their top forwards are juniors and seniors right now so he would be a top 6 guy as a sophomore and would still get to play with top guys like Biondi, Jack Smith, etc. in a tough conference. I would bet the Leafs would prefer he goes there.
Tverberg switching to uconn was genius. Joe miller should have been in the ushl last year. He’s decent with the puck, but only problem is that he doesn’t touch the puck much. He also needs more detail such as how to generate an entry, how to get open...his offpuck game needs work...although today he was good.

But yeah, he needs the right program, but i do expect he will need the full four years at college.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Tverberg switching to uconn was genius. Joe miller should have been in the ushl last year. He’s decent with the puck, but only problem is that he doesn’t touch the puck much. He also needs more detail such as how to generate an entry, how to get open...his offpuck game needs work...although today he was good.

But yeah, he needs the right program, but i do expect he will need the full four years at college.

I don't mind it this year since it allowed him to get into the NCAA. UConn is not my first choice of a program and I wouldn't usually draft guys who commit there, but they do have some talented guys like Firstov and Kuznetsov. If Harvard was playing though, I would prefer he stayed there though. You want the best combination of resources and ice time possible, and usually you prioritize the former since the latter happens naturally if your prospect is any good.

That is why I am not a fan of Schingoethe recommitting to Western Michigan. They rarely produce more than the odd high priority NCAA UFA. DeKeyser, Connauton, and Oesterle are probably the most successful of the bunch, and really the only ones who have turned out to be more than decent AHLers (and even then, other than DeKeyser who has sucked recently but was a top 4 defenseman at one point, have mostly just been solid bottom pairing guys at best). The two good things that come out of this is that Western Michigan have a lot of their top forwards graduating next year (not that they had too many amazing ones to begin with) and Schingoethe is easily the most talented prospect coming in next year so he should easily be a top 6 guy with plenty of all-situations playing time for them as a Freshman. Denver would have been better for him though. Better program and still plenty of opportunities to play early on, just in a bottom 6 role.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Would love to catch next Marlies game live, but it seems they are going out of their way this year to schedule games in direct competition with the Leafs.

Reactions: uncleben

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Would love to catch next Marlies game live, but it seems they are going out of their way this year to schedule games in direct competition with the Leafs.

Well a few things here,

1 - The condensed NHL season, if Toronto is playing every other night it is hard for the Marlies to play on a night Toronto isn't

2 - Marlies played last night when Toronto had the night off

3 - Marlies next game is Sunday (Toronto isn't playing)

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Well a few things here,

1 - The condensed NHL season, if Toronto is playing every other night it is hard for the Marlies to play on a night Toronto isn't

And it was the AHL facebook live game of the week!

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013

yea its brutal this year, if the AHL was smart they would arrange the schedule around the NHL. Try and make as many same team / affiliate play on different nights/time. I I love when they do a mid-day game before the leafs

Reactions: Intellivisionhockey

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Well a few things here,

3 - Marlies next game is Sunday (Toronto isn't playing)
leafs play ottawa sunday.

Reactions: Intellivisionhockey

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs. I will add the other leagues when their playoffs start.
Updated March 13th

Games today

Game 3: Kometo wins 2-1 in OT
Vitkovice leads 2-1

KHL
1st Round: Salavat(4) vs Tractor(5)
Best of 7
Salavat wins series 4-1
Rodion Amirov (Salavat)
Series:
GP 5 Goals Assists Points SOG 7 TOI 11:13
Playoffs:
GP 5 Goals Assists Points SOG 7 TOI 11:13
Regular season:
GP 39 Goals 9 Assists 4 Points 13 SOG 73 TOI 13:54

MHL
1st Round: Irbis(2) vs Avto(7)
Best of 5
Series tied 1-1
Artur Akhtyamov (Irbis)
Series:
GP 2 SV% .925 GAA 2.02 SO 1
Playoffs:
GP 2 SV% .925 GAA 2.02 SO 1
Regular Season:
GP 9 SV% .935 GAA 1.66 SO 3

Extraliga
1st Round: Vitkovice(8) vs Kometo(9)
Best of 5
Vitkovice leads 2-1
Filip Kral (Kometo)
Series:
GP 3 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2 SOG 8 TOI 27:24
Playoffs:
GP 3 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2 SOG 8 TOI 27:24
Regular Season:
GP 48 Goals 6 Assists 15 Points 21 SOG 69 TOI 20:57

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Holy f*** this is hilarious. Crushes the goalie then beats the shit out of the guy coming to the goalie's rescue.

The guy coming in didn’t even want to fight. Sabourin is just like “if you want to stand up for your goalie you’ll have to go” :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Liljegren's been the best player on the ice.

He is most nights. It’s so ridiculous people who think he’s lost value or anything like that.

Even last year, Liljegren was better than Sandin a lot of nights. But we lost both Rielly and Muzzin, so Sandin got an extended look first and that somehow made people come to the conclusion that Liljegren isn’t good? Lol

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Just saw that Joey Anderson has 6 pts in 13 games. Thats a little disappointing. Thought he would be closer to ppg

For what it is worth, all of those points are either SH or ES. He is tied for third on the team in ES primary points (with Duszak behind Kivihalme and Gaudet) and is only behind Brooks, Robertson, and Gaudet in terms of overall ES points for forwards. He has nothing to show for the PP so far, which is the only difference from last year for him.

If it makes people feel any better, he is on the same pace at ES as he was last year as a 0.75 PPG player, and he is on the same pace that Zach Hyman was on the Marlies as a 23/24 year old (Anderson is a year younger). He is not going to be a PP guy for the Leafs, so really ES is what matters and he is doing better than pretty much everyone there.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He is most nights. It’s so ridiculous people who think he’s lost value or anything like that.

Even last year, Liljegren was better than Sandin a lot of nights. But we lost both Rielly and Muzzin, so Sandin got an extended look first and that somehow made people come to the conclusion that Liljegren isn’t good? Lol

Lily has leveled off and is basically a defence first type player, these days if your not a offensive young prospect your considered meh, you can thank the stats guys for that

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Lily has leveled off and is basically a defence first type player, these days if your not a offensive young prospect your considered meh, you can thank the stats guys for that

How exactly has he "levelled off"? He has steadily improved each and every year and is now dominating the AHL both offensively and defensively. I don't think there is much more he can do at the AHL level outside of scoring more goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->