Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - The AHL is up and prospects are in play

Status
Not open for further replies.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Hab board very concerned that Caufield didn’t immediately get credit for the 4th goal deflecting off his skate! More evidence in the evil Toronto conspiracy! Bouchard seems to be a great coach if I’m Ducharme I wouldn’t count on removing the interim tag.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Hab board very concerned that Caufield didn’t immediately get credit for the 4th goal deflecting off his skate! More evidence in the evil Toronto conspiracy! Bouchard seems to be a great coach if I’m Ducharme I wouldn’t count on removing the interim tag.

They're just excited about their kid. Leafs fans would be the same way if Robertson didn't get immediate credit. Just the way she goes.

Reactions: aingefan and garce

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
How was Scott last night? Very interested about his game, after the long break.
I thought he played well. Not much he could have done on any of the goals. The Marlies are playing poorly.

He looked very composed in net. Rebound control was very good. Reminded me of Campbell in the way he absorbs pucks. Didn't look like a goalie that hasn't played in a year and a half. Looked better than Woll.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I thought he played well. Not much he could have done on any of the goals. The Marlies are playing poorly.

He looked very composed in net. Rebound control was very good. Reminded me of Campbell in the way he absorbs pucks. Didn't look like a goalie that hasn't played in a year and a half. Looked better than Woll.

Agree. He looked like Woll did in the first few games of the year.

I am just worried that once the 4 goal games pile up, he will creep into the bad habits that he had with Prince Albert in his DY and DY+1 to try and compensate for the weak defense. I think we've even seen Woll do it a few times.

I have not played goalie but I imagine it is harder when you can't trust your defense to make basic plays and you need to overcompensate to make saves.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
EytwUIbWgAEHtzn

One day until the deadline, at 3pm tomorrow.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Agree. He looked like Woll did in the first few games of the year.

I am just worried that once the 4 goal games pile up, he will creep into the bad habits that he had with Prince Albert in his DY and DY+1 to try and compensate for the weak defense. I think we've even seen Woll do it a few times.

I have not played goalie but I imagine it is harder when you can't trust your defense to make basic plays and you need to overcompensate to make saves.
If you have bad D in front of you, you start cheating on plays because you're worried your D man doesn't have his guy. You also play a little bit deeper because you might have to get your own rebound and need less ground to make up for.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If you have bad D in front of you, you start cheating on plays because you're worried your D man doesn't have his guy. You also play a little bit deeper because you might have to get your own rebound and need less ground to make up for.

Yeah seems about right for what I have been seeing, at least the past couple of games.

It seems like they have great starts to the games but after the first couple of cross seam passes lead to goals or great chances, they are deeper in their nets and can't cover the angles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->