Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - The AHL is up and prospects are in play

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Ya I agree. When I watch Kokkonen play, I see an NHL'er. He just plays a very cerebral, quiet game. I honestly think his floor is pretty high, but his ceiling is not much higher than his floor. I think he carves out a good NHL career as a bottom pairing guy, with potential middle pairing upside. But that's just me
Definitely, he seems like the guy who really solidifies a cup teams bottom pair. Reminds me of Hainsey when he was here.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'm on the other side, I have very low expectations for Kokkonen and don't think he'll ever be an NHLer. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't think he's good enough.
That's fair, everyone has a different view on various prospects! I just really like the guy and his style, I feel like he'd be an ideal bottom 3 D, like #5.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs. I will add the other leagues when their playoffs start.
Updated March 11th

Games today

Game 5: Salavat wins 3-2
Salavat wins series 4-1

Game 2: Vitkovice wins 2-1
Kral 1 goal
Vitkovice leads 2-0

Game 2: Avto wins 5-3
Artur 4 goals on 31 shots
Series tied 1-1

KHL

1st Round: Salavat(4) vs Tractor(5)
Best of 7
Salavat wins series 4-1
Rodion Amirov (Salavat)
Series:
GP 5 Goals Assists Points SOG 7 TOI 11:13
Playoffs:
GP 5 Goals Assists Points SOG 7 TOI 11:13
Regular season:
GP 39 Goals 9 Assists 4 Points 13 SOG 73 TOI 13:54

MHL
1st Round: Irbis(2) vs Avto(7)
Best of 5
Series tied 1-1
Artur Akhtyamov (Irbis)
Series:
GP 2 SV% .925 GAA 2.02 SO 1
Playoffs:
GP 2 SV% .925 GAA 2.02 SO 1
Regular Season:
GP 9 SV% .935 GAA 1.66 SO 3

Extraliga
1st Round: Vitkovice(8) vs Kometo(9)
Best of 5
Vitkovice leads 2-0
Filip Kral (Kometo)
Series:
GP 2 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2 SOG 6 TOI 26: 12
Playoffs:
GP 2 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2 SOG 6 TOI 26:12
Regular Season:
GP 48 Goals 6 Assists 15 Points 21 SOG 69 TOI 20:57

Reactions: dubplatepressure

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Maple Leafs Notebook: Kenny Agostino makes long-awaited debut - Sportsnet.ca

CP119209001-1040x572.jpg

Kenny Agostino during an AHL game against the Stockton Heat in Calgary, Ab. on Feb. 24, 2021. (Larry MacDougal/CP)

TORONTO – After 705 long days, Kenny Agostino is an NHL player again.

Unsatisfied with the recent performance of his fourth line and looking for fresh legs, Sheldon Keefe is allowing the patient 28-year-old taxi-squad winger to make his Toronto Maple Leafs debut Thursday. Travis Boyd sits.

Agostino split the 2018-19 NHL season with the Canadiens and Devils, but since joining the Leafs organization, the veteran has been stuck starring for the AHL’s Marlies.

“As a player, it can be frustrating. I still believe I can play and have success in the NHL, but my big thing is you control what you can control in this game, and you just got to be ready for whenever that opportunity comes about. You never know what the next year and a half could bring,” Agostino told us in 2020, after not getting a call-up."

“If I felt like my ability or career was winding down and I could settle in and just be an American League player, that’s one thing. But I still feel that I’m capable of playing at that [NHL] level."

“I love to play. I want to compete at the highest level. This is my career. I want to keep pushing myself and I’m not satisfied until I can get back up there and play up there as long as I can.”

Agostino has been nearly a point-per-game threat for the Marlies, scoring 29 goals and 27 assists over 61 games.

“He's worked really hard and really waited for an opportunity to play,” Keefe said Thursday morning. “Has never complained, just continued to work. He’s been a real leader and one of, if not the best, and the most consistent players down with the Marlies.”

Reactions: uncleben

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I am not 100% certain on this, but is it possible they are doing it to give him NHL money for a little bit?

Yes, he is making an NHL salary right now.

Players make their AHL salary on the Taxi Squad. So Liljegren did not make more being up on the TS.

Believe it or not NHL players on 1-way contracts make more money on the TS than they do on the NHL roster because AHL has no escrow.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
St. Cloud wins 2-1 and advances to the semi final. They outshot Colorado College 44-7 in the game.
Concern for Miettinen though. Could be a huge loss.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Lineup Changes: Petan, Barabanov, Sabourin all in up front. Elynuk, McKenna Pooley out. Liljegren, McCourt and Hoff making his AHL debut are all in Rosen, Marincin out on defence.
Marlies going 11-7
Woll makes his 1st start

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Marlies stacked tonight compared to what they have been running, cant wait to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->