Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - The AHL is up and prospects are in play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Was Liljegren called up to sit on the bench? He has played 8 games all year and is confirmed to not be playing again tonight.
At this point I just hope he’s back with the Marlies by Mar 12th.
I would love to give Bogo a night off, I thought he was our worst defenceman in our last two games. I guess Keefe wants to stay big. Really surprised Lehtonen and Lilly haven't gotten a shot lately, though.

I am not 100% certain on this, but is it possible they are doing it to give him NHL money for a little bit? I don't know if thats how ELC deals work, but I know most 2 way deals have an AHL salary and an NHL salary. If that's the case maybe they are trying to reward Timmy for being patient. Just a thought

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I am not 100% certain on this, but is it possible they are doing it to give him NHL money for a little bit? I don't know if thats how ELC deals work, but I know most 2 way deals have an AHL salary and an NHL salary. If that's the case maybe they are trying to reward Timmy for being patient. Just a thought

Yes, he is making an NHL salary right now.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
At this point, I don't think that Amirov has signed any contract with the Leafs org. Malgin and Hallander are also on loan from us, and could potentially come back at some point. I have no idea when their leagues finish though.

Just trying to creep through the league/team websites,
  • Filip Hallander/Lulea's season ends in a couple of week, March 25, but the team is doing fairly well and currently sitting with a bye to the quarter-finals
  • Filip Kral/Kometa Brno's season will be ending this week, March 13, but the team has qualified for the playoff wildcard round
  • Denis Malgin/Lausanne's season doesn't end until April 5, and the team is currently in a playoff spot
So Kral is the closest to done, and has the team with the greatest risk of being eliminated. The others, with their seasons, playoffs, and quarantine, we may not see for a while, yet.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Really sucks this guy (Ian Scott) has been hurt for almost 2 years now. Still week-to-week it seems.

In other news, William Villeneuve picked up a PP assist in his first game back in almost 5 months.

Seemed very rusty in his own end though.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafChief

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Threads were merged, and now my posts makes no sense. Heck, SeaOfBlue's doesn't either... but his was originally about Ian Scott, so at least with this edit, I've contributed something, some context...

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Threads were merged, and now my posts makes no sense. Heck, SeaOfBlue's doesn't either... but his was originally about Ian Scott, so at least with this edit, I've contributed something, some context...

I think I have Mess blocked, so I didn't see his thread. I thought a new thread was not made.

Also, fixed my post.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Why does lilijgren never get any games?

We could have had him play the 2nd buck games or the the Jets

Give holl/dermott a rest for a game and bring in lilijgren and see if his dynamic skating works with Muzzin on the 2md pair

Its feeling disrespectful at this point that he isnt getting a look with team struggling a bit and him having been great past 2 years in minors.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
at this point, if Ian Scott can even have a career playing pro hockey i'd say that is a win for him. Playing for the Leafs just seems like the longest of long shots. Maybe that's just me. I would still love to see him get some minutes with the Marlies. Would be better than watching D'agostini... no offence to D'agostini

Reactions: Auston Escobar

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
at this point, if Ian Scott can even have a career playing pro hockey i'd say that is a win for him. Playing for the Leafs just seems like the longest of long shots. Maybe that's just me. I would still love to see him get some minutes with the Marlies. Would be better than watching D'agostini... no offence to D'agostini
Would be nice if Campbell/Andersen could stay healthy for a week so we can get Woll some games.

D'Agostini has done well, but this would have been a great opportunity for Scott to step right into a tonne of action with the way Moore has used D'Agostini so far.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Why does lilijgren never get any games?

We could have had him play the 2nd buck games or the the Jets

Give holl/dermott a rest for a game and bring in lilijgren and see if his dynamic skating works with Muzzin on the 2md pair

Its feeling disrespectful at this point that he isnt getting a look with team struggling a bit and him having been great past 2 years in minors.
We have a lot of days off coming up. Just send Liljegren down so he can play.

A prospect like this teams usually make room for (example Theodore on the Ducks). I get that Bogosian has been better than expected but he's not a long term fit here and Liljegren should be just as effective on a third pair at this point.

Make room, or let him play.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Would be nice if Campbell/Andersen could stay healthy for a week so we can get Woll some games.

D'Agostini has done well, but this would have been a great opportunity for Scott to step right into a tonne of action with the way Moore has used D'Agostini so far.
Ya for sure, I think D'Agostini has looked good in the games I have watched. the Team is not very good. But I just wish I could watch a player that could potentially have a chance at being a leaf one day, not a Career Minor Leaguer

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs. I will add the other leagues when their playoffs start.
Updated March 10th

Games today

Game 1: Irbis wins 1-0
Artur 22 save shutout
Irbis leads 1-0

Game 1: Vitkovice wins 2-1 in OT
Kral 1 assist
Vitkovice leads 1-0

KHL

1st Round: Salavat(4) vs Tractor(5)
Best of 7
Salavat leads 3-1
Rodion Amirov (Salavat)
Series:
GP 4 Goals Assists Points SOG 7 TOI 13:24
Playoffs:
GP 4 Goals Assists Points SOG 7 TOI 13:24
Regular season:
GP 39 Goals 9 Assists 4 Points 13 SOG 73 TOI 13:54

MHL
1st Round: Irbis(2) vs Avto(7)
Best of 5
Irbis leads 1-0
Artur Akhtyamov (Irbis)
Series:
GP 1 SV% 1.000 GAA 0.00 SO 1
Playoffs:
GP 1 SV% 1.000 GAA 0.00 SO 1
Regular Season:
GP 9 SV% .935 GAA 1.66 SO 3

Extraliga
1st Round: Vitkovice(8) vs Kometo(9)
Best of 5
Vitkovice leads 1-0
Filip Kral (Kometo)
Series:
GP 1 Goals Assists 1 Points 1 SOG 1 TOI 23:17
Playoffs:
GP 1 Goals Assists 1 Points 1 SOG 1 TOI 23:17
Regular Season:
GP 48 Goals 6 Assists 15 Points 21 SOG 69 TOI 20:57

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Just trying to creep through the league/team websites,
  • Filip Hallander/Lulea's season ends in a couple of week, March 25, but the team is doing fairly well and currently sitting with a bye to the quarter-finals
  • Filip Kral/Kometa Brno's season will be ending this week, March 13, but the team has qualified for the playoff wildcard round
  • Denis Malgin/Lausanne's season doesn't end until April 5, and the team is currently in a playoff spot
So Kral is the closest to done, and has the team with the greatest risk of being eliminated. The others, with their seasons, playoffs, and quarantine, we may not see for a while, yet.
Anyone heard of any prospects on other team in the Marlies division who'll get to load up with a European or Russian prospect or two?
Us getting SDA is nice but I would imagine there's other guys in the same situation

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I truly believe Kokkonen will be an NHLer

Just wait until that guy is on the Marlies.

IMO we have 4 D prospects very likely to make it (Sandin, Lilly, Kokkonen, Niemela). I think Lilly ends up the best of the bunch, Sandin the fan favourite, Niemela and Kokkonen steady bottom 3 guys, but one of the two for another franchise.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I truly believe Kokkonen will be an NHLer

Just wait until that guy is on the Marlies.

IMO we have 4 D prospects very likely to make it (Sandin, Lilly, Kokkonen, Niemela). I think Lilly ends up the best of the bunch, Sandin the fan favourite, Niemela and Kokkonen steady bottom 3 guys, but one of the two for another franchise.
Ya I agree. When I watch Kokkonen play, I see an NHL'er. He just plays a very cerebral, quiet game. I honestly think his floor is pretty high, but his ceiling is not much higher than his floor. I think he carves out a good NHL career as a bottom pairing guy, with potential middle pairing upside. But that's just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad