Marlies / Prospects Thread Spring 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726833

He's going to be an amazing steal for us! We also have many MANY other prospects such as Nylander, Finn, Bibeau, Rupert, Leivo, Granberg, Gauthier, Biggs, Mckegg, Nillsson just to name some.

Biggs isn't really one right now. I think like Clarkson he's going to bounce back, but right now he shouldn't even be in the top 20 of our prospects (not because he sucks, just because there are so many good prospects who are performing beyond expectations).

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
The piece on Finn was interesting. It makes him sound like he can be a #2 if he steadily develops. If he pans out as a top four D, then the leafs have capitalized on the 2nd round pick. It's too bad we don't have another 2nd rounder until 2016.

mikebel111*

If Finn's skating can even become just good, I think the potential is a top pairing defender
Its not terrible right now but he needs to continue to improve it

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Any news on whether or not we are going to sign Matt Rupert? He looks really good.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Given the number of players the Leafs have signed do you think either the Ruperts or Connor Brown return to the OHL for an overage year?

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Would anyone know when Thommie bergman started working as a scout for the leafs? And if he's responsible for overseeing the scouting in Russia?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Would anyone know when Thommie bergman started working as a scout for the leafs? And if he's responsible for overseeing the scouting in Russia?

I believe the head scout oversees everything, and then you just have regular guys in certain places like OHL guys, Q guy, WHL, NCAA....

Russia would be no exception, although I have no idea who scouts Russia for us. I think just off the top of my head the last 3 Russians we drafted would be Valiev, Stefanovich (Belarus so...eh), and Kulemin. Leafs don't really go for Russians lately...but that's the NHL in general. I wouldn't mind taking some chances on them if their talent, work ethic, and desire to get into the NHL is genuine.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

July 1998.

I imagine he scouts in Russia as well. Nonis said recently that its a bit of a myth that he just stays in Sweden and pumps Swedish guys' tires. Apparently he travels and scouts everywhere.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin

There is a MLHS-interview linked two pages ago, where Dave Morrison states that they have a full time guy and a part time guy in every area and the areas in Europe are Scandinavia and Russia and at another question that Peter Ihnacak is thr number 2 in Europe behind Bergman.

Looking at the scouts mentioned on mapleleafs.com it looks like Jari Gronstrand is the part time scout in Scandinavia and that Peter Ihnacak and part time Nikolai Ladygin are the scouts for Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->