Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread Part VI - Playoff Drive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
@Caser - any word on if Korshkov is going to come over to NA now that his KHL season has ended?

How far off do you think he is from being NHL ready?

Judging by all the reports he is coming over, but his contract is still valid until 30th of April, so he can't sign until then unless he can arrange a contract termination earlier.

As for the NHL readyness it isn't that easy to tell due to his recent performance not being that consistent, but if he has a good offseason and the camp and if Leafs management won't re-sign Kapanen I can imagine him filling that spot.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Judging by all the reports he is coming over, but his contract is still valid until 30th of April, so he can't sign until then unless he can arrange a contract termination earlier.

As for the NHL readyness it isn't that easy to tell due to his recent performance not being that consistent, but if he has a good offseason and the camp and if Leafs management won't re-sign Kapanen I can imagine him filling that spot.

Jesus, I doubt he's NHL ready at all.

Assuming Moore's a lock next year, Bracco and Engvall are ahead of him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Korshkov did really well down the stretch and into the playoffs once he was healthy.

I'm very intrigued to see he and Lindgren over here in camp next season. I think both will surprise people.

Hopefully Korshkov is over next week. It's been speculated that Lokomotiv was going to allow him to go over early.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Korshkov is big,can skate and from what I've seen and heard isn't shy about going to tough areas on the ice...Judging him on his production in the KHL isn't valid based on that league's propensity for not playing young players a lot. He very well can still factor in the team's plans going forward. Let's hope his skills translate to the North American game and ice.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
MacMaster Mueller Carcone
Engvall Brooks Bracco
Timashov Jooris Baptiste
Molino Elynuik Pooley

Rosen LoVerde
Sandin Liljegren
Rubins Oleksy

Kaskisuo

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
MacMaster Mueller Carcone
Engvall Brooks Bracco
Timashov Jooris Baptiste
Molino Elynuik Pooley

Rosen LoVerde
Sandin Liljegren
Rubins Oleksy

Kaskisuo
I'm surprised he's not keeping Sandin on the top pairing and playing Rosen with Liljegren, but I like it. Keefe has no problem trusting young players

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wonder if Calle Rosen gets brought up at all.

Dermott is close, but Gardiner is still a couple weeks away. Wonder if we see Marincin/Rosen flip, and Rosen-Dermott ends up being the third pairing until Gards is ready

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Everything about him is so impressive. He's really played his way into the conversation for best defensive prospects as far as I'm concerned

I never knew he had the defensive game (honestly, the Marlies could have taught it to him), but he's impressed me since day one because of his size-speed combination. I was kind of worried about not signing him due to his injury in his last year in the SHL (and he was not amazing before it either), but he really came back strong after his injury and that pretty much solidified that he would be a prospect worth considering for the Leafs at some point.

Glad we have him that is for sure. He's kind of a larger and of course less talented version of Kapanen.

Madic

May 21, 2008
Sandin with a nice elbow that went unnoticed to win a puck battle. I like his game a lot
It's a funny part of this sport eh? The mildly dirty plays that we rage about in GDT's (missed calls) are usually a good sign in a prospect. If they're not competitive you end up with a frustratingly inconsistent fringe player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad