Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Carcone is the same age as Andreas Johnsson when he put up 47 points in 75 AHL games. And a year younger than Hyman when he put up 37 points in 59 games. And the same age as Trevor Moore when he put up 33 points in 68 games.

I'd say writing him off due to his production is a tad premature.

Even if he is sort of a player, I wonder why we want another 5'10" forward in the system. Outside of our smaller forwards like Marner, Nylander, Johnsson, Ennis, we also have Bracco, Timashov, Moore, Brooks and Carcone. Even Sam Gagner on loan from Vancouver is small.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The Marlies have some extra defensemen they can deal. Subban would probably be the first to go, and they could get a good, young-ish 4th line AHLer out of him.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I could see us being a bit more active in the European/NCAA/CHL OA market this off-season. Our prospect system is still fine quality-wise in my opinion, but we could use more options. I really like Felhaber out of Ottawa.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Even if he is sort of a player, I wonder why we want another 5'10" forward in the system. Outside of our smaller forwards like Marner, Nylander, Johnsson, Ennis, we also have Bracco, Timashov, Moore, Brooks and Carcone. Even Sam Gagner on loan from Vancouver is small.

Lucky we've got a few Growlers who are due for a promotion that aren't exactly small and all scoring around PPG: Estephan 6', Pooley 6'2, Ferguson 6', Elyniuk 6'5",

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Lucky we've got a few Growlers who are due for a promotion that aren't exactly small and all scoring around PPG: Estephan 6', Pooley 6'2, Ferguson 6', Elyniuk 6'5",

Yeah nice to establish some balance throughout the NHL and AHL lineups.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I could see us being a bit more active in the European/NCAA/CHL OA market this off-season. Our prospect system is still fine quality-wise in my opinion, but we could use more options. I really like Felhaber out of Ottawa.

This 100%.

In years you "go for it" with trades that take talent from your AHL/OHL farm system you need to hit well with signings.

Felhaber has been to Leaf prospect and rookie camps. Hopefully that gives us a good line on him. Dubas would have been likely in charge of those camps as assistant GM.

If every year we deal 2 or 3 prospects for current help, but also sign the top overage or two from the CHL/NCAA our prospect pool should remain well stocked.
Yo me this us where the Leafs money should help. Can offer kids higher end ELCs, and afford to pay out higher contracts in the AHL.

Reactions: Duke16

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Engvall Mueller Bracco
Timashov Jooris Gagner
Moore Brooks Gagne
Sestito Greening Molino

Rosen LoVerde
Borgman Corrado
LeBlanc Jardine

Kaskisuo

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Anyone think Engvall could get a sniff of 4th line?

I was hoping that Engvall and Marchment would be ready to be anchors of the fourth line along with the Goat stepping up, it just hasn't happened.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I was hoping that Engvall and Marchment would be ready to be anchors of the fourth line along with the Goat stepping up, it just hasn't happened.

I just watched Marlies G in 60 and he seemed alright. It was a quick glimpse and he hasn't played much for them this season it seems.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Leafs don't need a prospect pool loaded with stars. They already have the best young core in the NHL. They just need good depth pieces

Would disagree with that. A team that keeps its picks and unearths a superstar once every half dozen years or so can really refresh the organization. The Capitals found Kuznetsov buried in the 20s, the Bruins lucked into David Pastrnak with a low pick. Tampa found its real franchise forward in Kucherov deep in the second round. Those picks allow us to make tougher decisions on guys like Nylander.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Anyone think Engvall could get a sniff of 4th line?

Next year, maybe. This year, no.

However, he would make 925k. They may decide to go cheaper (which is funny, because you could only save maybe 200k) with a bargain bin vet UFA like Ennis.

Then when he gets a new deal that would be cheaper (like Moore's), he gets a shot.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Age 18

Nylander: AHL 42gms, 68pt pace
Sandin: AHL 18gms, 46pt pace
Lilly: AHL 44gms, 32pt pace
Kapanen: AHL 11gms, 52pt pace
Dermott: OHL 81gms, 63pt pace

Age 19

Nylander: 52gms, 88pt pace / NHL 22gms, 49pt pace
Lilly: AHL 19gms, 35pt pace
Kappy: AHL 58gms, 47pt pace / NHL 9gms, 0pt pace
Dermott: OHL 64gms, 73pt pace

Age 20

Nylander: NHL 87gms, 61pt pace
Kappy: AHL 52gms, 81pt pace / NHL 14gms, 18pt pace
Dermott: AHL 70gms, 34pt pace

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
After the Muzzin trade, the Leafs organization is starting to feel a little emptied out. The D still has some great depth in development, but the forward depth and forwards in the pipeline isn't too great, particularly at center. With no first rounder in 2019, it doesn't look like we'll be getting another crack at a potential blue chipper for another year and a half. With a cap crunch looming, we won't be adding more expensive talent on the free agent market either.

The thing that's really hurt us have been the Boyle and Plekanec trades, coupled with getting nothing for Komarov, Bozak and JVR, whom didn't really help with the playoff experience department. That's probably a swing of about at least 4 extra quality prospects in the pipeline who could have helped get Pietrangelo or pushed guys like Brown out of a job.

Really going to need European and college free agents to fill the gap.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah, Gardiner is not going to be a RD. He'll get dealt before that happens.

Dermott has been Jake's 3rd most common defense partner this year after zaits and Mo.

Dermott and jake have a 63.5cf% together.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
After the Muzzin trade, the Leafs organization is starting to feel a little emptied out. The D still has some great depth in development, but the forward depth and forwards in the pipeline isn't too great, particularly at center. With no first rounder in 2019, it doesn't look like we'll be getting another crack at a potential blue chipper for another year and a half. With a cap crunch looming, we won't be adding more expensive talent on the free agent market either.

The thing that's really hurt us have been the Boyle and Plekanec trades, coupled with getting nothing for Komarov, Bozak and JVR, whom didn't really help with the playoff experience department. That's probably a swing of about at least 4 extra quality prospects in the pipeline who could have helped get Pietrangelo or pushed guys like Brown out of a job.

Really going to need European and college free agents to fill the gap.

Matthews Marner Tavares
Nylander Kapanen Kadri
Johnsson Hyman Brown
(Marleau Ennis Lindholm)
Moore Goat Bracco/marchment

not really much of a gap to fill, tbh.

Reactions: Jeypic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad