Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition V

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
You have a bunch of guys that kill penalties though. Brown, Hyman, Kapanen, Gauthier and Johnsson have in the past, Tavares and Marner have been used there. I don't think Lindholm is a difference maker there.
Lindholm was a nice add as a Euro FA on a cheap contract. Exactly what this team needed for the season. Going into the stretch run here though, it appears some of our younger prospects may be able to come in and do a more effective job than he has been doing.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bracco now has 53 points in 52 games and is 3rd in AHL scoring.

Crazy apple here in a big game vs Syracuse yesterday. This tied it up. Marlies would win:

We talked about the game and Bracco 2-3 pages ago.
He has been terrific.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Lindholm was a nice add as a Euro FA on a cheap contract. Exactly what this team needed for the season. Going into the stretch run here though, it appears some of our younger prospects may be able to come in and do a more effective job than he has been doing.
He's expendable as a winger. As a C though, he's our only depth option if someone goes down.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm not too savvy on the expansion rules.

But i'm always cautious that Leafs wont call people up too early so we don't risk losing cost controlled talent to expansion when we are desperate for it

AHL seasons count for those guys who are no longer of junior age, so the only guys it would matter to are Liljegren and Sandin.

Reactions: Keon1963

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He's expendable as a winger. As a C though, he's our only depth option if someone goes down.

IMO he's a fine 13th forward option for his versatility .. But I'd prefer someone with some more jam in their game in that spot. More physicality in their game but also has speed. Lindholm doesn't have the offensive skills otherwise to justify it.

I like Moore right now for the Marlies but I think a better option could be had in the trade market.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
IMO he's a fine 13th forward option for his versatility .. But I'd prefer someone with some more jam in their game in that spot. More physicality in their game but also has speed. Lindholm doesn't have the offensive skills otherwise to justify it.

I like Moore right now for the Marlies but I think a better option could be had in the trade market.
I totally agree with you, some jam in that spot would be perfect. Problem is, if Kadri gets injured or the often injured Matthews, who do you want as our 3rd line C, Lindholm or Gauthier? I don't feel like Gauthier is flexible and can handle anything more than 4th line C. I guess it comes down to Babcock and his view on Nylander at that point.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011

I hope we’ve learned our lesson from the past two seasons, flitting away picks on Boyle and turtleneck for a 4th line upgrade.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I hope we’ve learned our lesson from the past two seasons, flitting away picks on Boyle and turtleneck for a 4th line upgrade.

Do you not think Shanny, Lou, Dubas, Babs, Hunter, Fletcher, etc sat around the board room a few times weighing the pros and cons of making such deals?

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Do you not think Shanny, Lou, Dubas, Babs, Hunter, Fletcher, etc sat around the board room a few times weighing the pros and cons of making such deals?

I'm sure they did. I'm just expressing my hope that we don't repeat those decisions. They may feel otherwise.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I don't want the Leafs to trade 2nd round picks for a 4th line centre upgrade. There are other deals out there that would make sense, to me. What are your thoughts?

I think I'd like the Leafs to win the Stanley Cup. However unlike previous years it's debatable whether another 4th line center is necessary.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Lindholm has been a nice one and done. Would expect another UFA European signing in his place next year to buy the kids a little more time.

Reactions: LeafChief

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think I'd like the Leafs to win the Stanley Cup. However unlike previous years it's debatable whether another 4th line center is necessary.

If someone told Gauthier to be mean on every shift, I think we'd see that position play a more important role than it currently has. A slow, non offensive gentle giant has limited in game uses.

Reactions: Hotel Mario

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
No stretch passes? Actually carrying the puck out of the zone?
What is all that sillyness?

All I was thinking was that if this was Babcock, he would have told Liljegren to dump out the puck off the boards like he makes Zaitsev do all of the time.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
All I was thinking was that if this was Babcock, he would have told Liljegren to dump out the puck off the boards like he makes Zaitsev do all of the time.
Agreed.
I said it in the GDT. I complain about Zaitsev a lot, but the system doesn't fit him. Wonder how he and the other defencemen would look like under another system.

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Marlies up 4-1 at the end of the second.

Bracco with an assist
Timashov with two assists
Carcone a goal and assist
Rosen with an assist.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Agreed.
I said it in the GDT. I complain about Zaitsev a lot, but the system doesn't fit him. Wonder how he and the other defencemen would like under a another system.

I think Zaitsev would do well under several other systems. He had 8 assists in 8 games for Russia last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad