Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition V

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Question to the prospect junkies... have the Leafs ever had a junior defensman score at a 1.20 P/GP rate, or greater?

Hollowell is producing at that pace, and could be a diamond in the rough.

Hollowell is on pace for 79 points (missed 4 games this year). Only 6 defensemen have done that since 2000. It's not a definite measure of success, but at the very least he should be a fringe NHL option. Ellis was ridiculous in junior...

Ryan Ellis x2
Anthony DeAngelo
Evan Bouchard
Kevin Dallman
Darryn Raddysh
Ryan Murphy

Here's the full list: Most Points in One Season by OHL Defensemen

Reactions: stickty111

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Hollowell is on pace for 79 points (missed 4 games this year). Only 6 defensemen have done that since 2000. It's not a definite measure of success, but at the very least he should be a fringe NHL option. Ellis was ridiculous in junior...

Ryan Ellis x2
Anthony DeAngelo
Evan Bouchard
Kevin Dallman
Darryn Raddysh
Ryan Murphy

Too bad he is 27 and in his prime, destroying 6 year olds who just learned to skate

MarcNS

Jun 20, 2009
Question to the prospect junkies... have the Leafs ever had a junior defensman score at a 1.20 P/GP rate, or greater?

Hollowell is producing at that pace, and could be a diamond in the rough.
Cam Plante

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Re high-scoring Leaf prospects on the blueline: though in the NCAA, not juniors, one top Leafs draftee on the blueline was none other than Ron Wilson. He was drafted in the 8th round in 1975 and in his D + 1 season notched 66 points in 28 games. The following year he had 59 in 30.
Ron Wilson (b.1955) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Never really made it as a Leaf, however.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
I was checking out gordeev stats for last night and noticed durzi hasn’t played in a few games. Is he injured again??? Seems quite fragile. Glad we traded him before he got injured again.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Brooks has a very good 2-way pro game, lots of hustle and always around the puck, a Babcock type player, I like him. I dunno if those other two guys will get an ELC, wait and see.
I knew Brooks was an overager when we picked him but I didn't realize it was by 2 drafts. I do like the progress he has made this year but with him turning 23 in a few months, I really wonder what he have.

Same age as Moore last year, outproducing him. Similarly a guy that looks like a 190ft NHL player (though he doesn't have the electric footspeed and transition ability).

Would be surprised to see him emerge into the NHL picture as a call up next year in the final year of his elc then be pencilled in the year after on a sub million dollar contract.

With the talent we have on the wings and his cerebral nature I wouldn't rule out 3C upside

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Ryan Ellis x2
Anthony DeAngelo
Evan Bouchard
Kevin Dallman
Darryn Raddysh
Ryan Murphy

Most of the failed sniping D men had the vision but not the skating, and Mac has both. Now he just needs to keep improving next year. Ellis numbers are sick and that was a lower scoring era. OT check out Dallman's numbers in the K. Mediocre AHL numbers to the Paul Coffey of Kazakhstan.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
A bit disingenuous to recommend people ignore someone that you aren't ignoring, no? I'm pretty trigger happy on the ignore button but this poster is not an insufferable basket case like many on here.

I have him on ignore, but sometimes I do check what other silly stuff he is saying.
It's wierd:laugh:

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
So you log out to read his posts, then log back in to comment about him? Your obsession is really weird, yea.
It's not an obsession. More like analyzing.
Your probably right though, I shouldn't be doing it.

Last edited:

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Not an obsession. When I see a reply that likely is a response to him, I look at what stuff he posted now.
When your used to someone posting silly things, you get into the habit.

No if someone is posting outright silly things I ignore them and not waste my time. If I had a childish grudge against someone because they didn't agree with me on something that is turning out they're not really all that far off on, I'd probably be logging out and in to read what they're saying and shit post about them to other people.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada

Ryan Ellis x2
Anthony DeAngelo
Evan Bouchard
Kevin Dallman
Darryn Raddysh
Ryan Murphy

Hollowell should be dominating and he is, there is nothing more we can ask for in a overager. He has earned a contract and I'm excited to see what he does in the AHL

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I'm pretty sure both Rosen and Bracco should be called up to the big club for a few games as a reward for their work in the AHL. I would actually be very disappointed if this didn't happen

Rosen will 100% be a black ace assuming the Marlies miss the playoffs

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
So you log out to read his posts, then log back in to comment about him? Your obsession is really weird, yea.
No need to log out. Right click or press on the time stamp to a post and then select open in incognito/private browsing session. You can block all the 12 year olds and can catch up quickly if you find yourself getting lost in the discussion.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Engvall Mueller Bracco
MacMaster Jooris Gagne
Moore Brooks Gagner
Timashov Greening Carcone

Rosen LoVerde
Borgman Marincin
Sandin Subban

Kaskisuo

I guess Sandin will need to carry Subban today.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

No you can view ignored content by clicking on the page you are on while still logged on. It’s really one click and you can see ignored content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->