Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Writing off Korshkov just because he isn't in NA yet is ridiculous. He is absolutely an NHL player and has been for some time now. Who else on the Marlies can you say that about? Moore? Rosen? The list is short. I'm not even sure if he will play a single game in the AHL next year. With Brown/Johnsson potentially moved, and Lindholm far from a lock, there will be a lot of room on the wing for a guy like Korshkov who is now the organization's best W prospect (neck and neck with Bracco). He fills a dire need with his size/skill combo and willingness to go to the net.

Reactions: LeafChief

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Engvall Mueller Bracco
McMaster Jooris Carcone
Moore Brooks Gagner
Timashov Greening Gagne

Rosen LoVerde
Borgman Marincin
Sandin Subban

Hutchinson

Sandin is back. Keefe said Lilly is close too.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Very happy to see Sandin back.

With the way Liljegren re-aggravated his injury the last time he tried too come back, I'm glad their holding him out. Let him get another week or more of practice time before playing a game.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Writing off Korshkov just because he isn't in NA yet is ridiculous. He is absolutely an NHL player and has been for some time now. Who else on the Marlies can you say that about? Moore? Rosen? The list is short. I'm not even sure if he will play a single game in the AHL next year. With Brown/Johnsson potentially moved, and Lindholm far from a lock, there will be a lot of room on the wing for a guy like Korshkov who is now the organization's best W prospect (neck and neck with Bracco). He fills a dire need with his size/skill combo and willingness to go to the net.
I agree.

Even though Korshkov is not putting up large numbers in Russia, I can envision him sliding into the Leafs lineup next year. He plays a pro style game and he'll be playing with better players. We could really use that big body winger.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Keefe was asked last game If we will see Sandin or Lilly this weekend
"I think we'll see Sandin. I don't think we'll see Lilly. I think we're going to take a little more time with him. I wouldn't rule it out but it's not something we're scheduling at this point in terms of where he's at. He's going to get a couple more practices and we'll see where he goes."

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Marlies tied at 1 near the end of the first.

Brooks and Timashov with assists, and Sandin is back playing. No Lily though.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Question to the prospect junkies... have the Leafs ever had a junior defensman score at a 1.20 P/GP rate, or greater?

Hollowell is producing at that pace, and could be a diamond in the rough.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Question to the prospect junkies... have the Leafs ever had a junior defensman score at a 1.20 P/GP rate, or greater?

Hollowell is producing at that pace, and could be a diamond in the rough.
Rielly was in the NHL at his age, Dermott was in the AHL at his age, Sandin would have 2 more years of junior after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->