Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
What's up with Engvall? He was off to a good start but seems to have faded hard. Not even scoring at a 40 pt pace now. I checked his game log and he hasn't scored a single point since December 2nd.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Are there any forward prospects looking to move up to the Marlies next year? There are a ton of new Dman eligible to move to the Marlies but I can't think of a single forward

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
What's up with Engvall? He was off to a good start but seems to have faded hard. Not even scoring at a 40 pt pace now. I checked his game log and he hasn't scored a single point since December 2nd.

He had 8 shots on net in today's game, I wouldn't consider him a goal scorer, he seems to create opportunity though with his size, skating.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Are there any forward prospects looking to move up to the Marlies next year? There are a ton of new Dman eligible to move to the Marlies but I can't think of a single forward

Both Korshkov and Dzierkals KHL contracts run out in April, Dzierkals is playing pretty good lately, that's about it, right now. It was Hunter job to bring in RFA/prospects, dunno what Dubas plans are.

Last edited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Except I haven't seen that power forward this year, I see a guy skating around and maybe he will get a shot on net. Maybe he was that player last year but I just haven't seen anything in Grundstrom this year that makes me excited
Well this is his first full year on small ice and playing a pro north American schedule, longer and more intense.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Why would Sandin go to Rogle? I understand going from Sweden to the AHL, but why the other way around? He gets used to NA sized ice in the pros and then he goes back to European sized ice?

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004

He's down on the depth chart - behind Timashov/Grundstrom/Marchment on the LW. For example, today he played with Clune and Greening.

member 262271

I don't get why there would be a discussion of Sandin not returning to the Marlies, very odd.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Next to zero powerplay time, still up there in even strength points on the team. Kind of waiting for guys in front of him to move up to get a better opportunity.

Prodigy MayD

Jan 3, 2019
He was always a curious pick due to his lacking numbers. Maybe the Leafs spotted him as in a similar mold to hard-working types like Brown, Hyman, or Moore? Perhaps not elite offensive talents, but they project he can work himself into a 3rd-4th line role someday?

So, the question is just how good of a skater and how hard of a worker is he? His size isn't too bad at 6'1... how's his build? Only listed at 177lbs, but that's probably due to rise.

Also, having suggested Brown, Hyman, and Moore as comparables (not playing style-wise but as 'work hard' types), I should note that McGregor's only now scoring at a decent pace as a 19/20 year-old. Brown was an elite OHL scorer and Moore had great stats throughout college. Hyman was a late bloomer, but I presume McGregor's game is very different to Hyman's...

I'd guess he gets an AHL contract first, as SprDaVE suggests. Not worth burning a 50-contract slot for a 3-year ELC, but an OHL captain at 1.13 pts/game will get a pro contract somewhere.

He mimics Hyman's game a lot. Might have better offensive ability then Hyman.
Great all around player.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Kaskisuo is one of the worst goalies i've seen for the Marlies. He legitimately looks like a street hockey goalie.

That first goal against him was a half-speed knuckle puck that goes five hole because he has no fundamentals whatsoever. Thinking of him playing an NHL game on emergency recall gives me nightmares.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Did we ever find out what Kaskisuo's injury was? I remember it was deemed serious but he came back fairly quickly. Up to this year he has had a good AHL career and now he's completely blown up. Wonder if it has to do with this injury and its potential lingering effects. I don't think he will ever be anything of significance but I figure he's at least a capable AHL goalie, so what is going on here?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Dubas is doing a great job right now. Some of the players he brought in before are looking good like Marchment, and Moore. One of his main roles was to sign young undrafted free agents, and they have been tremendous.
He was able to influence Tavares to sign here(he wasnt coming no matter what).

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Dubas is doing a great job right now. Some of the players he brought in before are looking good like Marchment, and Moore. One of his main roles was to sign young undrafted free agents, and they have been tremendous.
He was able to influence Tavares to sign here(he wasnt coming no matter what).

your obsession with pumping Dubas tires on a daily basis in all threads is very strange, I don't get it

Prodigy MayD

Jan 3, 2019
Does this guy have any NHL potential whatsoever?
Kask was a top 10 goalie last year in the AHL (same age as Sparks)

I would argue he has NHL potential, but as a fringe backup. Realistically, he is a good AHL goalie who should be decent if all the NHLers get injured.

I know as I am saying this he is having a bad season, but I blame that mostly on injuries.

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->