Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Certainly Sandin and Liljegren look to be NHLers. The only other Marlie surely NHL bound is Grunstrom. All the rest are iffy and certainly doubtful about being difference makers at all.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
He was good last year, great in junior and great in the USNDP.

He was scratched half of last year, had a 2-3 good months in junior, and was in the USNDP like 5 years ago.

I don't really care to get into it again though.

Reactions: ULF_55

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Bracco has 23 points in his last 15 games, makes up for his start where he put up 2 points in 10 games. I wonder if those who who were quick to call him a dud then now think he is a budding superstar. :popcorn:

Ok probably not but that's just my point. Its like people are just waiting for him to fail.

Last edited:

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Bracco has 23 points in his last 15 games, makes up for his start where he put up 2 points in 10 games. I wonder if those who who were quick to call him a dud then now think he is a budding superstar. :popcorn:

Ok probably not but that's just my point. Its like people are just waiting for him to fail.

He still put up 32 points in 50 games as 20 year old.. pretty solid season. I don't think he's going to be a superstart.. but why not a middle 6 forward with PP ability off the wall

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He still put up 32 points in 50 games as 20 year old.. pretty solid season. I don't think he's going to be a superstart.. but why not a middle 6 forward with PP ability off the wall
I just don't see how he'll ever be that for us. I like Bracco a lot, but I suspect he'll end up traded

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
It's funny with Bracco. This would be his senior season if he stayed in school. It's crazy how different perception of him would be if he was the exact same player he is today putting up the exact same numbers but was coming off a statistically big junior year in the NCAA vs. a developmentally huge year in the A.

Reactions: Stand Witness

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
They could’ve traded Nylander and brought up Bracco but that would have been too easy.

This would be under the assumption that Bracco would translate to the NHL.

We know Nylander is an NHL player.. Bracco will take atleast another season. The Leafs likely plan to ride out his ELC on the Marlies

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He was scratched half of last year, had a 2-3 good months in junior, and was in the USNDP like 5 years ago.

I don't really care to get into it again though.
Stop bringing up the same narrative again. He wasnt scratched because of performance or wasnt good enough. They were bringing him in slowly. Keefe basically said the same thing last year.
"We just think that there’s a lot of gains to be made physically for him so we’ve made that the focus for him in the early going so because of that he hasn’t played as much,” Marlies coach Sheldon Keefe said. “It’s been hard him, but he’s handled it as well or better that we could expect frankly.
“It’s been hard for a guy that has had a lot of success coming in here and things generally come easy for him, by design we’ve made it hard and he’s responded extremely well.”
"You know, he's a young guy that has worked extremely hard off the ice, and we have tried to get him up to speed as much as we can. I am not one bit concerned about how much of Jeremy Bracco produces offensively. I am more worried about the details in his game, and i'm really happy with the progress he had made in that. The offense is gonna come. He's an elite offensive player. As he adjusts to the league, and gets stronger and faster, that stuff is gonna come out, but we've been really happy with his progress so far.

You can keep ignoring it though.

natephil

Feb 13, 2010
Gordeev traded to Guelph
I saw on twitter a couple mins ago he likely is going to Guelph or Sudbury at some point today. @OHLInsiders has been throwing out trades the last week or so and has been bang on hours and even days before they are announced so I feel it’s a trusted account.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I saw on twitter a couple mins ago he likely is going to Guelph or Sudbury at some point today. @OHLInsiders has been throwing out trades the last week or so and has been bang on hours and even days before they are announced so I feel it’s a trusted account.

It's the most trusted, untrusted account on the internet.

He's like the anti-Eklund account.

Honestly, both Guelph and Sudbury are similar caliber teams, and much better than Flint. It's probably the best situation for us and Gordeev, since he could be a #1 type guy (like he was on Flint) and show off for an ELC, but still play on a competitive team that should be able to win at least one round. That also gives us time to bring him on the Marlies for the playoffs, if we want.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Will be interesting to see how Gordeev does on a MUCH better team and he would easily be their best D-man as well. Good for him to get out of Flint finally.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Any Growlers watchers that can speak to whether Estephan or Elyniuk are playing C full time?

I do not think either are doing it very often. Estephan might be, but most likely both would be wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad