Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Both Bobylev and Dzierkals were drafted as CHL prospects and the Leafs let Bobylevs rights expire, Dzierkals was signed to an AHL deal, but the Leafs never resigned him.

Rasanen had another year of CHL junior eligiblity, but he chose to return to the KHL. Because of this, the Leafs retain his rights until he returns to North America (ECHL, AHL, NHL); when he returns I believe they will continue to hold his rights for 7 more seasons, regardless if he returns back to the KHL in that time frame.

The Leafs still own Bobylev'S rights indefinitely.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Not sure what to make of this but Hendricks retweeted this tweet. Mat Robson is an undrafted goaltender from Toronto playing for the Minnesota Gophers and looking at his stats... he looks pretty damn good. Potentially a free agent signing in the near future?

Matt Robson Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

He was at Leafs prospect camp two years ago.

He played minor hockey (Marlies) with McDavid, Ho-Sang, Sam Bennett, etc.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
[QUOTE="gabeliscious, post: 154933157, member: 79314"

rielly- zaitsev
dermott-xxxxx
rosen-lily[/QUOTE]
Reilly-Zaitsev is a disaster. Even Babs couldn’t stomach it. Accordingly he gave Gardner the burden, I suppose because Gardiner even made Phaneuf tradeable

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Liljegren not playing today. Looks like his return will have to wait until next game, which is NEXT Saturday.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Amazing, I love having to give my credit card info and then having to cancel before the subscription service starts charging me. I love junk email even more

It doesn't have that. It's legit.

They'll probably send you emails or something, but I just did it because there was nothing about payment.

Reactions: pacman25

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Liljegren not playing today. Looks like his return will have to wait until next game, which is NEXT Saturday.

Good to know they are making sure the ankle is stable and stronger before sending him back in.

There is a back-to-back for the Marlies next weekend with a real quick turnover time (Saturday 6pm start, followed by a 1pm start on Sunday). Even if Liljegren is cleared tomorrow and looking in great shape, it would be irresponsible for him to play both games.

Hopefully Liljegren gets one of those two games next week, and he takes off from there.

Reactions: TML1967

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Grundstrom disappointing? Lol. That guy will definitely make the NHL. The AHL is tough, its a good, good league. Leafs have figured out totally how to use the AHL to their advantage.
Definitely. His numbers are terrific for a 21 year old rookie in the AHL. My only concern with Grundstrom is his inconsistent effort and snarl. He has the ability to play with an edge, but he doesn't always, and there have been extended stretches where he looks disinterested.

Has the potential to be a Babcock favourite, but he will need to bring it every night rather than every other.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Grundstrom disappointing? Lol. That guy will definitely make the NHL. The AHL is tough, its a good, good league. Leafs have figured out totally how to use the AHL to their advantage.

I said disappointing season, when have I ever said Grundstrom was a dud? I stand by what I said, I've been disappointed with Grundstrom this year and he isn't NHL ready from what I've seen this year

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Not sure what to make of this but Hendricks retweeted this tweet. Mat Robson is an undrafted goaltender from Toronto playing for the Minnesota Gophers and looking at his stats... he looks pretty damn good. Potentially a free agent signing in the near future?

He’s fantastic. I watch a ton of gophers games every season, and he’s one of their top guys. Would be worth trying to sign eventually

daethfromabove1979

Jun 20, 2006
Both Bobylev and Dzierkals were drafted as CHL prospects and the Leafs let Bobylevs rights expire, Dzierkals was signed to an AHL deal, but the Leafs never resigned him.

Rasanen had another year of CHL junior eligiblity, but he chose to return to the KHL. Because of this, the Leafs retain his rights until he returns to North America (ECHL, AHL, NHL); when he returns I believe they will continue to hold his rights for 7 more seasons, regardless if he returns back to the KHL in that time frame.

Dzierkals was drafted out of Europe then went to the Q the year after, what is the story on his rights?

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Watched like half of that game, and the Marlies looked really bad. Rosen - LoVerde pairing got exposed quite a bit, and the offence didn't generate anything. Moore looked pretty good.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
SDA 0+1 in 7-2 loss

Stotts with 2 goals in 7-3 loss, unfortunately they came at the expense of Scott, who got the win and made 21 saves. Edit: Already covered above

Reactions: stickty111

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Watched like half of that game, and the Marlies looked really bad. Rosen - LoVerde pairing got exposed quite a bit, and the offence didn't generate anything. Moore looked pretty good.

The team was playing fine until Carcone took that stupid penalty for whatever reason and the Marlies gave up 2 PP goals before it expired. You probably watched the second half when they were totally dejected, but the first half they were easily the better team (even despite the scoring difference). LoVerde was a bit shaky at times, but Rosen looked like an NHL defenseman as he usually does.

Reactions: Leafs at Knight

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
Didn’t we sign Tom stestito to a PTO

What’s the story behind that. Is he practicing with the marlies
Is he going to get in a game

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Worth a flyer. Will the Leafs also be signing Woll in the offseason? Not sure how well the Kaskisuo experiment has gone in the AHL, so maybe it's time to turn it over to a new group.

Prodigy MayD

Jan 3, 2019
Worth a flyer. Will the Leafs also be signing Woll in the offseason? Not sure how well the Kaskisuo experiment has gone in the AHL, so maybe it's time to turn it over to a new group.

I think the Leafs can sign Woll soon as his NCAA season is over, and Scott should be also playing in the AHL next season too.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
I said disappointing season, when have I ever said Grundstrom was a dud? I stand by what I said, I've been disappointed with Grundstrom this year and he isn't NHL ready from what I've seen this year
What were you expecting for him to not be disappointing? On pace for over 20 goals and 60 points and just turned 21. First season in NA. Plays gritty.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
What were you expecting for him to not be disappointing? On pace for over 20 goals and 60 points and just turned 21. First season in NA. Plays gritty.

I'm an armchair GM/Scout (I do enjoy watching the Marlies), and you can throw his goals/assists at me all day but by my eye test he has not been impressive (other than his great shot). He doesn't drive plays, doesn't forecheck well (even tho he is a power forward), and just generally isn't involved in the play.

Yes I get he is young and he still has time to develop but that doesn't change the fact I've not been impressed by Grundstrom this year. There is still a ton of hockey left and there is always next year to make a better impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad