Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I mean, anyway would work. But it wouldn't be bad for both Scott and Woll to play a majority of their games.

yeah I can see that, on the other hand all the new marlies graduates each year seem to get limited amounts of games perhaps they keep that up with our goalies giving them 40 each

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The ECHL is not a rare place to send young goalie prospects, especially one's coming out of the CHL. Both Reimer and Sparks played there. If you want to look outside the organization, elite goalies like Quick and Holtby saw some time there. With position players, the ECHL is generally a sign of very limited upside or chance of being an NHLer, but with North American Goalies it isn't uncommon.

I think its been a pretty clear plan to turn Woll pro before his rights expired, and I would think BC having Spencer Knight lined up coincides with that plan.

Reactions: pacman25

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
The ECHL is not a rare place to send young goalie prospects, especially one's coming out of the CHL. Both Reimer and Sparks played there. If you want to look outside the organization, elite goalies like Quick and Holtby saw some time there. With position players, the ECHL is generally a sign of very limited upside or chance of being an NHLer, but with North American Goalies it isn't uncommon.

I think its been a pretty clear plan to turn Woll pro before his rights expired, and I would think BC having Spencer Knight lined up coincides with that plan.
There are legitimately 6-7 guys we have who may be in contention for ELC's to finish off the year (Woll, Scott, Gordeev, Durzi, Hollowell, Korshkov, maybe McGregor, maybe Joshua)

Reactions: hockeynorth

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
There are legitimately 6-7 guys we have who may be in contention for ELC's to finish off the year (Woll, Scott, Gordeev, Durzi, Hollowell, Korshkov, maybe McGregor, maybe Joshua)
Scott, Gordeev, McGregor are going back into the draft if they are not offered ELC, and I guess Durzi, Hollowell become RFA/UFA, I think?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Good call on Knight being committed to BC for next year. Seems like a clear sign Woll is turning pro after this year.

Reactions: pacman25

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Scott, Gordeev, McGregor are going back into the draft if they are not offered ELC, and I guess Durzi, Hollowell become RFA/UFA, I think?

The Leafs can offer Durzi and Hollowell AHL deals and keep their rights protected for another year, since it would only be one year. At the same time, they can also just let them go, like they did with Jack Walker.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

I personally would probably prefer just seeing Woll in the NCAA than in the ECHL, but at the same time he shouldn't be splitting with anyone either.

Evan Fitzpatrick is also a highly touted prospect starting out in the ECHL, and he seems to be doing well.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Anyone watching SDA at all? His numbers arent looking to good for someone who impressed as much as he did in camp

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The Leafs can offer Durzi and Hollowell AHL deals and keep their rights protected for another year, since it would only be one year. At the same time, they can also just let them go, like they did with Jack Walker.

jack walker didn't progress. I know they are overagers but Hollowell is over ppg he will get some sort of deal from the leafs. Durzi being injured id say he gets a contract of some kind too

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
jack walker didn't progress. I know they are overagers but Hollowell is over ppg he will get some sort of deal from the leafs. Durzi being injured id say he gets a contract of some kind too

Jack Walker did not even get an AHL deal from us is what I was saying.

I am saying that for some reason that you do not think they are worth an ELC, I think you can still do that with them. That is what happened with Piccinich after he was done his OA year in the OHL.

Reactions: Walshy7

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Thanks Bert!

Could be partly due to the disappointment of getting demoted but I'm glad to hear hes been turning it on

Why would he get disappointed? He was a kid who was just a 3rd round pick in the most recent draft, vastly undersized, and extremely young. He should have known he had no chance from the beginning.

I think he got cocky. He was able to get further than originally expected at that stage and then got complacent, rather than using it as motivation. Good news is that it seems like he got his act together.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Why would he get disappointed? He was a kid who was just a 3rd round pick in the most recent draft, vastly undersized, and extremely young. He should have known he had no chance from the beginning.

I think he got cocky. He was able to get further than originally expected at that stage and then got complacent, rather than using it as motivation. Good news is that it seems like he got his act together.

I completely agree.

The kid should've used it as motivation and I too get the vibe he was to cocky after.

But I have no facts so was trying to be as neutral as possible lol

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

So we trade Leivo to get a guy to improve our AHL team, and we trade him to a team who in turn will demote another guy to our AHL team?

TBH I would have just taken a pick instead but at least they're creative.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

So we trade Leivo to get a guy to improve our AHL team, and we trade him to a team who in turn will demote another guy to our AHL team?

TBH I would have just taken a pick instead but at least they're creative.

He has already been on the Marlies for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->