Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Bracco is a legitimate prospect despite the slow start. He just has yet to find chemistry with any of our centers so far.

I am really hoping that he can slot in Moore's spot with Brooks and Marchment.

Reactions: stickty111

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Grundstrom coming along nicely.

Wonder if Rosen Sandin Borgman Liljegren will get an NHL game this year...

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Grundstrom coming along nicely.

Wonder if Rosen Sandin Borgman Liljegren will get an NHL game this year...
I fully expect Rosen to come up at some point. Sandin is a long shot and so is Lilly. Borgman seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle. He really needs to separate himself from the rest of the pack in some way.

Reactions: aingefan

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
If Sandin and/or Liljegren could jump into the Leafs lineup in 2019-20 (or even late this year) and have a Dermott-like effect, it would do wonders for this Leafs d-corpse.

Odoganov has been playing better of late though. I didn't mind Holl's game on Thursday either.

Reactions: Critical91

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Whenever I watch the Marlies, I get the eerie feeling that Liljegren's been told not to try too much offensively. Watching his draft highlights, I felt like I was watching a young Erik Karlsson. Whenever he hits the Leafs, I hope he is paired with Dermott. I feel like they would have great chemistry.

Reactions: Critical91

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
The Leafs are gonna have a few ELC's to sign this year. Scott, Durzi and Hollowell are looking like sure-fire signings. Korshkov too if he comes over. Gordeev, McGregor, Joshua and Dzierkals are not looking too likely at this point.

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Whenever I watch the Marlies, I get the eerie feeling that Liljegren's been told not to try too much offensively. Watching his draft highlights, I felt like I was watching a young Erik Karlsson. Whenever he hits the Leafs, I hope he is paired with Dermott. I feel like they would have great chemistry.

There's no doubting the offensive talent that Lily has. But I do believe they're engraining the defensive side in his game while he's still so young and can learn/develop a lot more. It seems to parallel how Babcock has handled Rielly since coming in.

Learn the defensive side first and be able to handle it in big minutes, then allow him to start using his offensive tools more as he can be trusted more on the defensive side.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
The Leafs are gonna have a few ELC's to sign this year. Scott, Durzi and Hollowell are looking like sure-fire signings. Korshkov too if he comes over. Gordeev, McGregor, Joshua and Dzierkals are not looking too likely at this point.
I think Gordeev will get a contract

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
There's no doubting the offensive talent that Lily has. But I do believe they're engraining the defensive side in his game while he's still so young and can learn/develop a lot more. It seems to parallel how Babcock has handled Rielly since coming in.

Learn the defensive side first and be able to handle it in big minutes, then allow him to start using his offensive tools more as he can be trusted more on the defensive side.

There's a good chance this could be done quicker since they're grooming him as such in the AHL beforehand.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Dermott has made everyone look good so far. he's so smart and effective at both ends of the ice. I wish he had an offensively talented partner like Lilly to work with

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Dermott has made everyone look good so far. he's so smart and effective at both ends of the ice. I wish he had an offensively talented partner like Lilly to work with

Exactly. That's why I think they're a match made in heaven. Both move the puck well and Dermott is steady. Sandin is like a Swedish Dermott and can help Rielly.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
If Sandin and/or Liljegren could jump into the Leafs lineup in 2019-20 (or even late this year) and have a Dermott-like effect, it would do wonders for this Leafs d-corpse.

Odoganov has been playing better of late though. I didn't mind Holl's game on Thursday either.
It's probably auto correct but that made me laugh but the D has been good thus far

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Dzierkals doesn't need one anyways. Joshua probably not, but an AHL deal is going to be on the table for sure I would think. Or maybe he's dealt like Nolan Vesey was. He is a better version of Vesey after all (and can play center).

McGregor and Gordeev are on the fence. Could teeter towards an ELC or into the "close but not enough" tier that Desrocher, Middleton, Mattinen, Walker and Korostelev found themselves in.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Atm I 5hink we ar 6th or 9th in shots against. Big step up from 27th or whatever we were last year

We still give up to many high danger chances and the Gardiner Zaitsev pairing hasn't been good enough for the amount of minutes they play

Unless Zaitsev starts to break even were going to struggle defensively

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
We still give up to many high danger chances and the Gardiner Zaitsev pairing hasn't been good enough for the amount of minutes they play

Unless Zaitsev starts to break even were going to struggle defensively
Imo Z has been steadily getting better game after game and Mo has taken a huge step both defensively and offensively. Like you I'm meh on gardiner, but he has stabilized from the first couple games. Dermott, well you know I love the kid and if Oz stabalizes his game that would be a boon.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Imo Z has been steadily getting better game after game and Mo has taken a huge step both defensively and offensively. Like you I'm meh on gardiner, but he has stabilized from the first couple games. Dermott, well you know I love the kid and if Oz stabalizes his game that would be a boon.

Rielly is awesome but his partner isn't top pair quality
The second pair will only improve if Zaitsev sorts himself out or Gardiner carries him and Dermott/Ozhiganov are talented but inconsistent

If two of your top 4 are questionable you've got a problem still

Reactions: meefer

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Rielly is awesome but his partner isn't top pair quality
The second pair will only improve if Zaitsev sorts himself out or Gardiner carries him and Dermott/Ozhiganov are talented but inconsistent

If two of your top 4 are questionable you've got a problem still
Patience my young padawan.
Hainsey has been serviceable an hopefully before long will be moved down the lineup and Oz is still adjusting. Plus the season is still very young.
All this points to promising things whereas last year there were so many holes that it was obvious it would take some time to fix

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Patience my young padawan.
Hainsey has been serviceable an hopefully before long will be moved down the lineup and Oz is still adjusting. Plus the season is still very young.
All this points to promising things whereas last year there were so many holes that it was obvious it would take some time to fix

Same problems as last season Salt

Hainsey is old and not top pair quality, Zaitsev is terrible in most statistical categories you'd wish to mention, unless Dermott or Ozhiganov can move up to the top 4 or we trade for a top 4 were going to continue to have the exact same issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad