Sportsnet: Marleau only wants to play in SJ, will require direct trade or trade to team who buys him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
What do you think it would cost Toronto to get a team to buy him out? A 2nd or Bracco? Ottawa should do it after July 1. Or before July 1, for all I care. I'd throw in pick 44 if Bracco was involved, he's worth a high 2nd and is developed, adding Marleau probably lowers his value to around 44.

Reactions: gab6511 and Cogburn

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
What does a Marleau buy out look like?
lLCsZYs.png

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
lol that's kind of a problem seeing as how San Jose has like $10 bucks and some change in cap room after they sign the players they need to sign.

Reactions: eco's bones

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I dont really see SJ interested anymore... Would they?

What do we need in our bottom 6? Speed, size, pk ability. Two years ago, Patty had all three of those things in spades. We don’t need 20 goals out of him, but if he can be adequate on a third line (maybe w/Jumbo and Labanc/Sorensen), while playing on the PK. That’d be a huge win.

Reactions: PackShark

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What do you think it would cost Toronto to get a team to buy him out? A 2nd or Bracco? Ottawa should do it after July 1. Or before July 1, for all I care. I'd throw in pick 44 if Bracco was involved, he's worth a high 2nd and is developed, adding Marleau probably lowers his value to around 44.

Leafs would probably do that.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

that's prob bad new for leaf fans

fits with my call of
Staal at half for Marleau at full pop.
Staal becomes very cheap to buy this yr, for some reason

we have a logjam at LD and I want to give him a good home

Marleau, had envisioned as 2RW on a line w/Kreider and Nieves, but if his heart is set on SJ, we can promise to flip him to sharks for a conditional 7th and settle for cap space.
If SJ wants us to eat half for his expiring contract, we can do that, and the cost with these #s would be swapping a future 2nd for a future 3rd.

Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->