Marleau 2 goals, 6 shots in 5-4 victory, and the 40 year old still flies!

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
Obviously he’s not going to play as well as he did last night for the whole season, but he genuinely was the best player on the ice for either team, even excluding the goals. If he can produce 30 points in a bottom-6 role, he’s done his job in my eyes. I’m not expecting anything more.

My expectations when I heard we signed is 15/20/35. I think he can do that.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Gee, I wonder if this stems from the fact that several Leaf fans flooded these boards with grossly exaggerated takes on how "awful" he was last year and how finished he was in order to better frame giving up a first round draft pick to get rid of him in the first place.

The crippling insecurity of some Leaf fans that populate the main boards who continually reframe events with gross exaggerations in order to pump the tires of the Maple Leafs directly feed threads like this. You, of all people, should be acutely aware of this and yet here you are, clutching your pearls and playing victim.

Oi vey. Dude objectively played like a 4th liner and was making $6.25M. Consider the Leafs currently have like $10k in cap space with as close to zero fat on the roster as possible -- was the trade worth it? Does that argument demand to be reframed? There is no argument for a compulsory move, by definition. It's not subjective.

Gee, really?

Thank God you were here to point out to Sharks fans that Marleau won't average two goals a game this season. What a service you are providing.

You know you that acting like an ass on the internet doesn't get you extra clout right

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Marleau "wasted away" with more TOI than ****ing Matthews last game 7 lmfao

Opportunity to dump on Toronto comes up and yall turn into some clowns, I swear
Our facts fall on deaf ears because of the team we follow. We dont have anything against Marleau, he's just old and was given plenty of rope from Babcock. But this is thread has predictably turned into how dumb the Leafs are for letting him go because he has plenty left in the tank. We watched this guy for the last 2 years, hes getting paid the league minimum for a reason. Again, theres no animosity for all those trying to create a false narrative. He just wasnt effective and was given minutes and very good linemates. You guys are so desperate its cringe worthy.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I feel bad for Marleau that he was lured away from his true home by the unlimited dollars available in Toronto only to be shat on and discarded by Leafs fans cause Matthews wasn't producing like he should as usual and obviously its Marlaeus fault for taking up the king of the jungle's precious ice time

Reactions: SjMilhouse

member 298589

What a mistake by Toronto. Should have known that some players don't peak until they're into the geriatric stage of life.

Reactions: TheNewKid

MapyPopa

Jul 1, 2019
700k dude. He was the best Shark last night, so if he can pot a few goals and not be a defensive liability then I'm fine with it. This is not comparable to Patty in a Leaf's jersey so I'm not sure why you guys are trying.
It’s been one game... LOL

MapyPopa

Jul 1, 2019
I feel bad for Marleau that he was lured away from his true home by the unlimited dollars available in Toronto only to be shat on and discarded by Leafs fans cause Matthews wasn't producing like he should as usual and obviously its Marlaeus fault for taking up the king of the jungle's precious ice time
Sorry.. what? Some people should stay off the boards this early lol

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Figured this would be a thread. If anyone paid any attention to Leaf fans when talking about Marleau, they have always said he has been great after breaks. Right after the offseason, xmas break, and all star weekend.

The problem is, after 10-15 games, he slows down and is useless, and refuses to be sat to rest due to his iron man streak.

Let's see what he is doing mid point through the year and how frustrated Sharks fans become when every play dies on his stick.

lol. You honestly think we, as Sharks fans, don’t know Patty’s game? Flaws and all? Cmon now...

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I get sentimental with these relatively rare granpapas in NHL. I don't give shit about in which team they are playing or where they are coming from, its nice, warm, and cozy when they are still around. I'm happy Patrick is back at home.

People shouldn't measure old geezers only for their on-ice production/contribution, and not particularly when the granpa happens to be a member of several very prestigious milestone-clubs, and the franchise record holder of multiple categories.

Young guys in a locker room will nearly always benefit in their development if the granpa is present. It kind of smooth certain things for them. How its hard to believe that any 20yo hockey player could have any kind authority issues toward 40+ yo veteran of 20+ seasons career, whom jersey will be rabidly lifted to a ceiling of the home rink very soon after announced retirement. How its easy to see that certain leadership and mentoring role comes with them naturally. How its easy to see how that bring some good things in to a locker room...

Just let them play as long as they are still there. Respect them. Someday they're gone.

Marleau's last season wasn't exactly that bad, if you look at it objectively. Not everyone making long career can be like a Howe, Jagr, or Selänne, but Marleau goes to that category already, not by age but for his longevity.

Masterton would be rightly placed here... ;)

LD29

Jan 19, 2019
He is a player with class, I'm sure his team mates look up to him and call him dad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->