Recalled/Assigned: Markus Granlund assigned to Abbotsford

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
A part of me feels bad for the AHL pluggers who pretty much won the year for the Heat getting demoted for all our young prospects.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
A part of me feels bad for the AHL pluggers who pretty much won the year for the Heat getting demoted for all our young prospects.
No need. The Heat were driven by "our guys" this year, look at the contributors like Reinhart, Knight, Granlund, Wotherspoon... Of course there were reputable veterans like Dean Arsene and later Corey Locke but they certainly didn't "win the year" by themselves. Additionally, our prospects coming in like Klimchuk, Poirier, Roy and Culkin won't get to play if they don't prove themselves more useful than the guys that were already there

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton

The AHL pluggers are the ones that almost lost the year. This roster now, isn't supremely different from the roster when they were in first place, with the exception of Poirier, Klimchuk, Kanzig and Culkin. All the teams star players going up to the NHL for injury relief is what gave the pluggers a chance, and they didn't do well with it. The team fell quite far for a stretch when the lineup was in constant transition, and I would much prefer our future NHLers to be playing then plugs.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC

When the young guys were up Abby really struggled. As it's been pointed out, the pluggers almost killed the season for the Heat.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
When the young guys were up Abby really struggled. As it's been pointed out, the pluggers almost killed the season for the Heat.
The pluggers didn't almost kill the season for the Heat. Jesus, talk about an uninformed opinion.

The Heat went through a bad stretch because their roster was depleted by significant injuries to both the Flames and Heat.

When Max, Markus & Co. were up for the Flames because of injury, the Heat also had Jones, Baertschi and Locke injured too. The lineup was almost an ECHL roster and while they never won much, they were competitive. Those "pluggers" played well and stopped the team from being completely embarrassed and they deserve credit for that.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The pluggers didn't almost kill the season for the Heat. Jesus, talk about an uninformed opinion.

The Heat went through a bad stretch because their roster was depleted by significant injuries to both the Flames and Heat.

When Max, Markus & Co. were up for the Flames because of injury, the Heat also had Jones, Baertschi and Locke injured too. The lineup was almost an ECHL roster and while they never won much, they were competitive. Those "pluggers" played well and stopped the team from being completely embarrassed and they deserve credit for that.

I think you may be taking that out of context. The statement was made that it was the 'pluggers' who did all of the work to get the team into the playoffs. It seems more that it was Flames prospects who put us in a good position, and the 'pluggers' who simply did enough to not waste that good position. It seems like you'd agree with that, no?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think you may be taking that out of context. The statement was made that it was the 'pluggers' who did all of the work to get the team into the playoffs. It seems more that it was Flames prospects who put us in a good position, and the 'pluggers' who simply did enough to not waste that good position. It seems like you'd agree with that, no?
Almost killing the season is a pretty strong statement, I'm not sure what context could intended to make that accurate.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Almost killing the season is a pretty strong statement, I'm not sure what context could intended to make that accurate.

I guess I feel like what they were trying to say is that the season almost was killed while they were admirably doing their best without the elite talent. Passive voice rather than active voice would have been the better choice.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I guess I feel like what they were trying to say is that the season almost was killed while they were admirably doing their best without the elite talent. Passive voice rather than active voice would have been the better choice.
Nice of you to try an defend the statement but it was pretty clear what he meant :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad