Markstrom vs. Lehner

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Markstrom AHL numbers

3.25gaa and an 897save %

Lehner AHL numbers

2.69gaa and an 913save %

Really like the potential of both of these guys. Solid netminders who look like future #1 netminders...

Manny*

In case you two gentlemen are unable to read, please note that I did mention -- in this thread, and elsewhere -- that I like both Lehner and Markstrom.

I'm hardly concerned about how much "credibility" I have with an anonymous poster on a hockey message board.

As pointed out above, Lehner was inches away from giving up hockey entirely just a few years ago -- right about the same time that someone was winning a gold medal for Canada with an incredible performance at the U18 World Juniors (how soon some people forget).

Regardless, Lehner's a fine prospect, and I'd be more than happy to have him in my organization. Ditto Markstrom, whom I actually feel is closer to NHL success than Lehner at this point. Of course, someone's numbers in the AHL right now are better than either Lehner's or Markstrom's, but we're not supposed to talk about that...

Does that make you two gentlemen happy, or would you prefer I throw personal insults back at you in response to the ones you threw at me?

wat.jpg

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Markstrom AHL numbers

3.25gaa and an 897save %

Lehner AHL numbers

2.69gaa and an 913save %

Really like the potential of both of these guys. Solid netminders who look like future #1 netminders...

Take a look at Markstrom's December. Awesome month sandwiched between two below average games. Dude is coming around big time even though he plays for a ****** team.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Says the person who came into a Lehner vs Markstrom thread to talk about Allen......

Once again, be reminded that I did discuss both Lehner and Markstrom, in both posts prior to being engaged in this current ****ing contest.

I'll just take my likely AHL rookie of the year candidate and be on my way; enjoy your mutual admiration society, folks.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Markstrom is only having a rough start to his NA tenure I'm sure. Looks like have a pretty bad team in front of him, but most importantly his numbers seems to be rising as the season progresses.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Says the guy with a fictional idiot savant for an avatar... :shakehead

I'm pretty certain I've seen more of the real world -- and absorbed much more of an ass-kicking from it -- than you're likely to. Be glad of that.

So because I have a picture of Kramer as my avatar i haven't seen the real world?

I love your logic sir. Bravo :handclap:

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
Markstrom has totally **** the bed in big games a little more often than i'd like. He's still better than Allen though, IMHOMO.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Once again, be reminded that I did discuss both Lehner and Markstrom, in both posts prior to being engaged in this current ****ing contest.

I'll just take my likely AHL rookie of the year candidate and be on my way; enjoy your mutual admiration society, folks.

:laugh::help:

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
Lehner almost quit hockey 2 years ago. He had packed his bags and was done. His dad actually talked him back into it.

His father brought him to New York to hangout with King Henrik, watch him play, saw how he lived etc. He then, apperantly, realized how much he wanted to play hockey.

Markstrom is only having a rough start to his NA tenure I'm sure. Looks like have a pretty bad team in front of him, but most importantly his numbers seems to be rising as the season progresses.

Yeah, Rochester Americans have been brutal. It's harder for goalies transitioning to a small rink or vice versa. Rebound control, the play around the net is a lot different.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Markstrom has totally **** the bed in big games a little more often than i'd like. He's still better than Allen though, IMHOMO.

Are we talking about the game here where he actually played pretty solid and only let in three goals, or have you seen him in Rochester this season? Because in the SEL he was the best goaltender in his last year, and avoided his team to be relegated once, not exactly what I would call crapping the bed.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Of course, someone's numbers in the AHL right now are better than either Lehner's or Markstrom's, but we're not supposed to talk about that...

Not in a thread about Lehner and Markstrom. Common sense would dictate that would be more suitable for a thread about Jake Allen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad