Recalled/Assigned: Markstrom granted leave to attend father's service; DiPietro recalled

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Would better explain why he got the weekend set against Edmonton since he’ll be back in Sweden this week. They have games on Tuesday and Saturday this week.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hmm....Demko and DiPietro.....the 'goalies of the future' who just might be the 'goalies of the present' after the trade deadline.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I have the utmost respect for Marky with how he's been able to function through this.

Absolutely. I think he has no issue playing though, it’s a lot better than sitting at home in your thoughts. Trust me, I’ve been there, as I’m sure others have.

Usually when your life is turned upside down, you just have to do things to keep your mind occupied. I never wanted to go to work so bad, as when I went through tough times.

Matt Murray giving a tap on the pads to Markstrom had me in tears.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Hmm....Demko and DiPietro.....the 'goalies of the future' who just might be the 'goalies of the present' after the trade deadline.
Why would you trade Markstrom when you likely get not much in return as UFA goalies don't get a lot. The Canucks will be in the PO hunt by the trade deadline. it's better to keep Markstrom.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why would you trade Markstrom when you likely get not much in return as UFA goalies don't get a lot. The Canucks will be in the PO hunt by the trade deadline. it's better to keep Markstrom.
People like to say trade him at the TDL, but playoff teams have a goalie, otherwise, they likely wouldn't in the playoff race. Markstrom also does not have any playoff experience, so teams would not be getting upgrade in that regards.

Only way he gets moved is if there is an injury to a starting goalie.

Teams would be using their assets to acquire depth on D or help up front. Most are not going to upgrade their 2nd goalie.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
My memory is getting a bit fuzzy, but didn't Mike Keenan kick out Peter Zezel or Grant Ledyard back in 98' for taking a leave of absence to attend a family members' death? :shakehead:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->