markov's Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Here is my mock draft from what I saw, heard, read.

1. Washington Capitals - Alexander Ovechkin
2. Pittsburgh Penguins - Evgeni Malkin
3. Columbus Blue Jackets (via Chicago) - Cam Barker
4. Chicago Blackhawks (via Columbus) - Rotislav Olesz
5. Phoenix Coyotes - Lauri Tukonen
6. New York Rangers - Robbie Schremp
7. Florida Panthers - Alexander Radulov
8. Carolina Hurricanes - Andrew Ladd
9. Anaheim Mighty Ducks - Drew Stafford
10. Atlanta Thrashers - A.J. Thelen
11. Los Angeles Kings - Marek Schwarz
12. Minnesota Wild - Alexandre Picard
13. Buffalo Sabres - Wojtek Wolski
14. Edmonton Oilers - Al Montoya
15. Nashville Predators - Boris Valabik
16. New York Islanders - Mike Green
17. St. Louis Blues - Kyle Chipchura
18. Montreal Canadiens - Andrej Meszaros
19. Calgary Flames - Bruce Graham
20. Dallas Stars - Wes O'Neill
21. Colorado Avalanche - Ladislav Smid
22. New Jersey Devils - Lauri Korpikorski
23. Ottawa Senators - Carl Sodenberg (steal of the draft)
24. New York Rangers - Dave Bolland
25. Edmonton Oilers - David Booth
26. Vancouver Canucks - Cory Schneider
27. Washington Capitals - Johan Fransson
28. San Jose Sharks - Lukas Kaspar
29. Washington Capitals - Petteri Nokelainen
30. Tampa Bay Lightning - Blake Wheeler

TRADE: Columbus will trade his 4th overall and a 3rd round pick for the 3rd overall.

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
good overall job with your draft -- i jotted down some notes below that anyone can answer or give their 2 cents on:

i doubt that the blue jackets move up one spot to take barker since it seems like olesz is the main in chi town -- plus the jackets dont have another pick until #84 if they move pick #64 and #4 for the 3rd overall

it will be interesting to see what the rangers/coyotes do on draft day. will the rangers pass on ladd if he is there?? i think the 'yotes maybe as much as a wildcard pick as the hawks are -- would phoenix take a goalie with the 5th pick (although some people say they wont) -- how does that effect what happens below them then

the blues would love chipchura, but nash, nyi and maybe edm (who will probably take mike green?) wont pass on him more than likely

i like that fact the you have the caps taking only one dman in the first round -- since it looks like they will end up with 26 and 29 -- take a forward with #29 since the teams after them -- calg(if they win tonite), pitt and chi will take forwards with their picks and then the caps can nab another dman with their 1st 2 round pick

thestonedkoala

I think if Stafford, Thelen, Radulov, and whoever is off the board, the Wild will surprise people and reach down again and pick a player no one knew was there. I'm thinking Korpikoski...

thestonedkoala

Oh hell no they don't. They haven't signed one, and the only ones that have worked out is the free agents.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Ladd is more likely the pick at #6for the Rangers, and forget about Bolland at #24. In the three previous drafts, the Rangers have not taken a player out of the OHL. It's either WHL, US colleges, the USHL or Europe.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
The Blackhawks WILL NOT pick Olesz, and will not trade down. The Blackhawks will pick Tukonen or Barker. Simple as that.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
tripledekehockey said:
the blues would love chipchura, but nash, nyi and maybe edm (who will probably take mike green?) wont pass on him more than likely

I think that even if NSH, NYI pass on Chipchura, MTL would snap him up

May 1, 2003
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
I think if Stafford, Thelen, Radulov, and whoever is off the board, the Wild will surprise people and reach down again and pick a player no one knew was there. I'm thinking Korpikoski...

I like the idea of the Wild taking a lesser known prospect such as Korpikoski, but for me my guess is Viktor Alexandrov if they do in fact take someone unknown

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Fighter said:
Oh, this is good. Where the hell you heard this??? Any source?
I read this on my RedLine Report Draft Guide. That the 'Hawks are split between Barker, and Tukonen. RLR talks to the people making the decisions on draft day, BTW, so I say they are a VERY reliable source.

thestonedkoala

That's true number 2...

And Bouchard hasn't exactly worked out. The guy gets pushed around like a midget out there...I'm not saying Picard is bad but 70 points compared to over 100?

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Broadway Crosby said:
I read this on my RedLine Report Draft Guide. That the 'Hawks are split between Barker, and Tukonen. RLR talks to the people making the decisions on draft day, BTW, so I say they are a VERY reliable source.

your using a draft guide to justify saying what a team definatly will or will not do? :shakehead

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
xander said:
your using a draft guide to justify saying what a team definatly will or will not do? :shakehead
And other inside information, but I will not name my source.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
That's true number 2...

And Bouchard hasn't exactly worked out. The guy gets pushed around like a midget out there...I'm not saying Picard is bad but 70 points compared to over 100?

And ya i really doubt the wild will take another Quebec'r, considering Bouchard looking not so well in the NHL. If Lemaire really wants a Quebec prospect, draft him in the 2nd round or 3rd instead of wasting your 1st rounder just to draft a prospect because he is from quebec, but thats just my thoughts

thestonedkoala

Berzins was taken out of Quebec and we didn't sign him...Dupuis and Michalek are both Quebec players but yeah...We didn't draft them and some of our guys were later rounds that we aren't counting much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->