markov, who else?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
2 things are still bugging me. Bourque and Cole haven't scored yet. We're getting most of our goals from our bottom 6 and from our defense, which can't be sustainable if our top 6 don't start producing.

I'm not worried at all for Bourque. He is generating chances and he's been a scorer his whole career, once he scores his first I think he'll score his 2nd 3rd and 4th pretty quick. For now he is generating chances for teammates as Pleks and Gio both have 2 goals, played a part in Markov's goal last night.

Cole-Desharnais is a bit of a concern. Cole looked slow the first few games and his stride seems to be returning, but losing Pacioretty will hurt. Hopefully Eller gets comfortable on LW pretty quick.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
It's nice to see an aggressive team, on the forecheck and on the body in general.

The only blemish was Weber, still nervous, out muscled and ineffective.

More than one game is needed on D to show if he has progressed, but I doubt there is anything there that we have not seen before.

Full disclosure, I am not a believer in Weber.

Just remember this:

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Diaz-Boullion

I actually thought Weber looked strong, just a terrible decision maker.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
It's nice to see an aggressive team, on the forecheck and on the body in general.

The only blemish was Weber, still nervous, out muscled and ineffective.

More than one game is needed on D to show if he has progressed, but I doubt there is anything there that we have not seen before.

Full disclosure, I am not a believer in Weber.

Weber was flat footed a few times. I wouldn't say outmuscled, he looks bigger/stronger this year. He may have just been nervous. I can see MT giving him and Kaberle each a game on Tues/Wed as long as Kaberle is ok to go.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
I get it that people like Bouillon for his hits and passion, but he made quite a few very bad decisions with the puck yesterday. At some point there was a 3 on 1 (or 2?) and he chose to shoot instead of passing to the two open guys, which would have resulted in a much better chance.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
I get it that people like Bouillon for his hits and passion, but he made quite a few very bad decisions with the puck yesterday. At some point there was a 3 on 1 (or 2?) and he chose to shoot instead of passing to the two open guys, which would have resulted in a much better chance.

I don't think anyone ever really considered Cube as an offensive minded player :laugh:
I agree however that Cube has not been perfect, he hasn't been bad though. At least not enough that it has hurt the team (yet). He is shouldering a lot of load atm, which really needs to get addressed sooner rather than later.

DuRoux

Oct 21, 2010
Trois-Rivieres
Don't forget that Cube is playing more minute than he should, when PK gets his ***** together the whole load of all D will change and all of them should look better.

fufonzo

Feb 28, 2004
Haven't seen it mentioned yet (though I haven't read through every page), but is it just me or has Plekanec been very underwhelming so far.

I'm a huge fan of his, but I find that his last couple of games have been pretty mediocre.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah cause Chuckie & Gally are spinning in their graves.

Eller is a decent player but listening to some of the griping in this thread you'd figure it's Crosby not getting a shot.

First it was wawawa Eller has no wingers. Tonight he was placed with last year's top line and you still hear whining. He's not playing in his position. In a couple of games Therrien will place him at center and what will the excuses be then? Wawawa nobody helped him shoot the puck towards the net.

When the trade with the Blues was made Pierre McGuire pointed out that Eller is not the player Habs fans wish he is. Look at his pedigree. He was never a goalscorer nor a big points getter. He can be a top notch 3rd line centerman if he dials in some intensity. All the posters who claim he is a 1st or 2nd line centerman are in for a world of hurt.

I guess this is as good a time as any to bring out the slogan:

NO EFFING EXCUSES!!!

So you don't believe in potential heh ?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Just remember this:

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Diaz-Boullion

I actually thought Weber looked strong, just a terrible decision maker.

Next season it will be..

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Diaz
Beaulieu

:naughty:

BTW, one forward that is very underwhelming this season is Travis Moen. I get that we have Prust and White this season, but with his size and role on the team, he should be a lot tougher and meaner on the ice. Pretty sure I saw Clarkson wanting to dance with him yesterday and he pretended like nothing happened.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Next season it will be..

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Diaz
Beaulieu

BTW, one forward that is very underwhelming this season is Travis Moen. I get that we have Prust and White this season, but with his size and role on the team, he should be a lot tougher and meaner on the ice. Pretty sure I saw Clarkson wanting to dance with him yesterday and he pretended like nothing happened.

Pretty sure he did the right thing. And I'm also pretty sure he was roughing everybody last night. Get real, the Moen hate is too damn high. This guys is a warrior too. Sure he's slow and has stone hands. But then, would you prefer Darche ?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
One guy who is really starting to impress me is Emelin. You don't see the huge open-ice hits anymore, but man does he finish his checks. Always solid, always clean, but hard. Reminds me of Craig Ludwig a bit in that sense. He's also rarely if ever out of position now. Last year he was chasing a bit, I haven't seen it once yet.

That and he is gaining confidence with the puck. He's a lot more patient. Just the way he's carrying himself out there and logging those big minutes. Looks a lot more involved. Really nice to see his game being refined like that. He just keeps getting better.

Emelin just hasn't caught anyone until now center ice. Yesterday you saw him go for a mgor hip-check on KOVALCHUK no less, but missed his target. Could you imagine the following seconds after crushing Kovalchuk center ice :laugh:

I thought that unlike Martin and Pern, Therrien and Daignault would of gotten that Emelin has serious untapped offensive potential. Look at how fast that one-timer got threw! He deserves some power play time over Bouillon, that's for sure...

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I have to say I had little expectation for the Candiens this year and am still not sold on them until they go on a real run.

This week should be a decent test with them playing 4 games in 6 nights vs Win Ottawa Buffalo and Ottawa again.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Next season it will be..

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Diaz
Beaulieu

You kidding me..Moen is a beast!
He does all thelittle things very well and will fight if he has too not just because he's challenged.
Moen is more valuable then people give him credit for....So underrated here!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You kidding me..Moen is a beast!
He does all thelittle things very well and will fight if he has too not just because he's challenged.
Moen is more valuable then people give him credit for....So underrated here!

I agree, I'm really happy to have him on our bottom 6! He's a gamer, sure he lacks speed and offensive talent, but he's damn useful on the PK and in the corners. + with him we have three players that can fight almost anyone. Except the super-heavy weight.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I agree, I'm really happy to have him on our bottom 6! He's a gamer, sure he lacks speed and offensive talent, but he's damn useful on the PK and in the corners. + with him we have three players that can fight almost anyone. Except the super-heavy weight.

I don't hate Moen, and far from it. I know he bring A LOT to this team, on and off the ice. I would just like to see more nastyness in his game, that's all.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Re-uploaded GIF from last night to tinypic. Won't use the other site anymore.

atx7j4.gif

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yeah cause Chuckie & Gally are spinning in their graves.

Eller is a decent player but listening to some of the griping in this thread you'd figure it's Crosby not getting a shot.

First it was wawawa Eller has no wingers. Tonight he was placed with last year's top line and you still hear whining. He's not playing in his position. In a couple of games Therrien will place him at center and what will the excuses be then? Wawawa nobody helped him shoot the puck towards the net.

When the trade with the Blues was made Pierre McGuire pointed out that Eller is not the player Habs fans wish he is. Look at his pedigree. He was never a goalscorer nor a big points getter. He can be a top notch 3rd line centerman if he dials in some intensity. All the posters who claim he is a 1st or 2nd line centerman are in for a world of hurt.

I guess this is as good a time as any to bring out the slogan:

NO EFFING EXCUSES!!!

He needs to start getting it together because guys that want it more will take it from him. Lets not forget Louis Leblanc, he could easily steal Ellers spot, and boom ba boom boom boom, press box time. He should play much meaner than he does, he needs to finish a few checks and throw that big frame around. We need this kid, so c'mon Eller, make us proud.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
He needs to start getting it together because guys that want it more will take it from him. Lets not forget Louis Leblanc, he could easily steal Ellers spot, and boom ba boom boom boom, press box time. He should play much meaner than he does, he needs to finish a few checks and throw that big frame around. We need this kid, so c'mon Eller, make us proud.

Agreed, the good news for Lars is that the Jets are next in town!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->