Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
If Molson was sincere about enhancing the fan experience, we go out and get Markov to finish his thousand games. Bypass Bergevin on this one and sit with him. Mend any fence that needs mending and get it done. It's not like we are winning the Cup next year and we don't have anyone on the left from the farm to step in. Makes sense for both sides.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Even if he gets a NMC, he still is likely open to a trade to a contender. How many one year contracts do you know of where the player gets a NMC?

Not an NMC, but Sharp had a NTC when he agreed to return to Chicago. I think it's going to be more common with the one year vets.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Well eventually we would be relying on 41/42 year old Markov lol... It was another spit in the fan's face again. Just like Subban. Listen I love Weber but Subban was a fan favourite. And then they rejected Markov as well.

Of course fans are Habs fans just like Ranger fans are Ranger fans, but this organization really does not get that despite that, fans want to have players they enjoy watching and become fan favourites. The guys whose jerseys people spend money on and such.

Trading away PK and letting Markov and Rads walk dings the brand and fan support.

Anyway, I stand by what I said. Markov can say GFY but I think the offer should nevertheless be made. Leave it up to him completely. After a classless negotiation conducted by MB, it would be the classy thing to do. Perhaps Molson can be the one reaching out.

Reactions: Pickles

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There was legitimate stretches last season where Markov was our best defenseman, let alone 2nd best.

There’s a reason the team always tanked when he was injured, we relied heavily on his outlet pass to initiate transition (our FWDs aren’t skilled enough) and his IQ to distribute in the offensive zone.

Since 2002 Markov has been the single most important piece to the Habs roster. There’s absolutely no one who will tell me otherwise.
I am late to this thread but I couldn't agree more and I have maintained this since we lost him last summer. Our team was built around the puck moving abilities of Markov and Subban and our strength used to be our speed and transition with guys like Pacioretty and Byron flying the zone so to speak and Bergevin completely neutered that with his choices on D. Congrats to the general.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If Molson was sincere about enhancing the fan experience, we go out and get Markov to finish his thousand games. Bypass Bergevin on this one and sit with him. Mend any fence that needs mending and get it done. It's not like we are winning the Cup next year and we don't have anyone on the left from the farm to step in. Makes sense for both sides.

My theory is that it was Molson calling the shots on this one. Guy's pockets are only so deep and he needs his money to build more condo's. Hockey team is second for him.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
****ing glorious :yo:

DbaAcaHWAAExu77.jpg

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Of course fans are Habs fans just like Ranger fans are Ranger fans, but this organization really does not get that despite that, fans want to have players they enjoy watching and become fan favourites. The guys whose jerseys people spend money on and such.

Trading away PK and letting Markov and Rads walk dings the brand and fan support.

Anyway, I stand by what I said. Markov can say GFY but I think the offer should nevertheless be made. Leave it up to him completely. After a classless negotiation conducted by MB, it would be the classy thing to do. Perhaps Molson can be the one reaching out.
To be honest, I would love to see Bergevin reach out only for Markov to respond "go F*** yourself Marc!"
That would make me happiest.

Reactions: groovejuice

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Well done General. Should have been at the Olympics this year either with Russia or Canada.

Reactions: Tyson

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Congrats to Markov, my favorite hab of all time. That man should've ended his career a hab.
Bottom line is, you can keep guys like Markov around IF you have a solid team around him that can win. We still wouldn't have won with him this year, and it's likely it would've been a real crappy year for him to retire a Hab. It wouldn't have been a good send off.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Bottom line is, you can keep guys like Markov around IF you have a solid team around him that can win. We still wouldn't have won with him this year, and it's likely it would've been a real crappy year for him to retire a Hab. It wouldn't have been a good send off.

He deserved a send off, not a send away.

Just as importantly, we needed him on the blue line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->