Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Sure ok. but now the Habs have Alzner and Benn. So if you can trade them first... btw, how is Markov’s season going?

31 points in 53 games, +8
4th in points in his team, 1st on D (5th on D across the league)
2nd in games played

Markov said before Xmas, when asked, he felt very disrespected by Bergevin...............he is not coming back with a clown in charge.

... but he's a man of few words!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sure ok. but now the Habs have Alzner and Benn. So if you can trade them first... btw, how is Markov’s season going?

They may have to buy out Alzner since not sure anyone in their right mind would take him when he's owed 16.625M after this season.

Markov is the leading scorer among defensemen on AK Bars. I'm sure he's slowed down some but it's not like the Habs are going anywhere so rather lose games with Markov then have to watch Alzner or Benn try to play hockey.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
They may have to buy out Alzner since not sure anyone in their right mind would take him when he's owed 16.625M after this season.

Markov is the leading scorer among defensemen on AK Bars. I'm sure he's slowed down some but it's not like the Habs are going anywhere so rather lose games with Markov then have to watch Alzner or Benn try to play hockey.
Not sure its worth it since he probably won’t come back for 1 year.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Markov said before Xmas, when asked, he felt very disrespected by Bergevin...............he is not coming back with a clown in charge.
100%.

But I still think he should have taken an agent. It does show MB’s lack of understanding however.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

Can't see them wanting Alzner on the cap for 8 years of dead money.

They will keep him for at least a 2nd year.

Reactions: kohorevolution

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Just want him to come back to reach his 1000 games :(
It was a rotten move by Bergevin, at least he should have given the general a 1 year deal. He would have been a positive factor on this team and was still capable of 20 hard minutes a night and was a good asset on the pp. In my opinion it was a move to get rid of the Russian veteran players, no respect shown but it blew up on them and that is a thing of beauty. We all know that this team with Radulov, Markov and Emelin are in a playoff spot. Nix the Drouin trade and add Sergachev and this team is in a solid playoff spot.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

But why in the world would Markov want to come here? The team sucks and won't make the POs, it's pretty pointless.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Even if he wanted to sign here, Markov can't play this season without first clearing NHL waivers.

There is zero chance he'd clear NHL waivers. Tons of teams would love a vet defenceman for the playoffs for free.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Even if he wanted to sign here, Markov can't play this season without first clearing NHL waivers.

There is zero chance he'd clear NHL waivers. Tons of teams would love a vet defenceman for the playoffs for free.

Fors he go thrkith every team or just the teams that are below us?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Maybe get an agent and not feel disrespected. That’s what they’re for. That’s why players avoid arbitration like the plague because it’s a taste of what is actually said about them when they’re not completely sheltered by their agents.

You’d think Markov would have figured that out.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Don't want him back while bergevin is here. What a class act from our gm lmao . ****ing donkey disrespecting markov like that. Him and pleks are the only remaining soldiers of a decade of first round exits and vital fan entertainment (not saying much)

But the general was always a fan favorite and could still play. The amount of ego and disrespect BozoBin has compared to his level of hockey knowledge is laughable . Garbage GM. If the team was somewhat contending and had prospects in the pipeline then there's an argument to be made about not resigning markov and playing somebody over him.
Shlemko? Benn? Streit? ALZNER?!?!?!?!?!?! Wheres the guy who was saying jerabek would replace markov this summer? LOL

Reactions: Et le But

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Don't want him back while bergevin is here. What a class act from our gm lmao . ****ing donkey disrespecting markov like that. Him and pleks are the only remaining soldiers of a decade of first round exits and vital fan entertainment (not saying much)

But the general was always a fan favorite and could still play. The amount of ego and disrespect BozoBin has compared to his level of hockey knowledge is laughable . Garbage GM. If the team was somewhat contending and had prospects in the pipeline then there's an argument to be made about not resigning markov and playing somebody over him.
Shlemko? Benn? Streit? ALZNER?!?!?!?!?!?! Wheres the guy who was saying jerabek would replace markov this summer? LOL
Correct!!! There was no actual reason to basically get rid of a 20 minutes a night guy and like you said, he was only replaced by scrubs. There has been no really structured plan from our GM in his 6 years on the job.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's possible that we hire a new President and GM this summer and they bring back Markov for next year. If the management does not change, it's hard to say if Markov would want to negotiate with Bergevin. That's what happens when you don't have an agent. Not blaming it all on Markov as Bergevin should of found a way to get him back but I don't care about hard feelings for a guy that wants to represent himself. That's like a teacher saying I need more pay because I am dealing with kids all day.... Sorry, that's environment you signed up for.

I would hope we bring back Markov for his 1000 game. I think he would be a great depth piece to have on our roster even if he turns 40 next season.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
What I don't understand is that everybody seems to agree that this team is in need of (some sort of) a rebuild, yet we are also so angry that Bergevin pulled out of a 2 year deal with an aging vet.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
It's possible that we hire a new President and GM this summer and they bring back Markov for next year. If the management does not change, it's hard to say if Markov would want to negotiate with Bergevin. That's what happens when you don't have an agent. Not blaming it all on Markov as Bergevin should of found a way to get him back but I don't care about hard feelings for a guy that wants to represent himself. That's like a teacher saying I need more pay because I am dealing with kids all day.... Sorry, that's environment you signed up for.

I would hope we bring back Markov for his 1000 game. I think he would be a great depth piece to have on our roster even if he turns 40 next season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Markov. He was an absolute warrior. I was around here defending him when most of you wanted him thrown under a bus. The guy would have been a helpful player with limited minutes during the regular season... but he just couldn't keep up in the playoffs anymore.

Don't you guys remember that?

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
What I don't understand is that everybody seems to agree that this team is in need of (some sort of) a rebuild, yet we are also so angry that Bergevin pulled out of a 2 year deal with an aging vet.

The rebuild would not have been needed if you had Markov still playing and showing the game to Mete, Sergachev or Jerabek.
The rebuild would not have been needed if you had Radulov still playing on Top line. He helped carrying both Danault and Pacioretty (even more in playoffs)

Yet this GM told them he gave them his final offer. Take it or leave it.

Does Alzner make this team any better in comparison to the Ds we had over the last years? 'cause he's around for the next 4 years.
Does Schlemko make this team any better in comparison to the Ds we had over the last years? 'cause he's around for the next 2 years.

At least Petry seems to be playing better lately

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad